Coker: ‘We didn’t even know’ about CroCop’s USADA suspension

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

If some fans and pundits are having misgivings about Bellator’s decision to work with Mirko ‘Cro Cop’ Filipovic, it doesn’t sound like head of operations Scott Coker is giving their concerns much truck. Filipovic was handed a two-year suspension back in 2015, by USADA, stemming from a failed drug test ahead of a planned UFC bout against Anthony Hamilton. A suspension that would have been wrapped up last November, had the former Pride & K-1 Grand Prix winner ever served it.

Instead, the UFC granted the Croatian fighter his release from the promotion the following July, after which – along with various retirement…

Coker on Mirko CroCop’s USADA suspension: ‘We didn’t even know there were issues’

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
It is a good point that is raised that suspensions are not enforcable outside the USA and as long as you want to toe that line of respecting a ban you can just compete elsewhere.

I cant say that this is a new development, just that normally the UFC keep people on their contract till the ban expires. Many will do this in the coming years.

I cant say I agree with the approach. A ban should be served. But the system can be beaten without even trying, so it isnt the athletes problem really.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
You remember that lie detector test Jon Jones offered to take? Somebody hook Mr. Coker up to the polygraph after Mr. Jones is done with it.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
If he's fighting in the UK outside of USADA then what is the big deal? USADA is upset that their enforcement of suspensions is a limp dick?

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's not a suspension by an Athletic Commision so it shouldn't be an issue. Besides, Cro-Cop's suspension would be up by now anyway so no big deal.