Coker: Bellator, Rizin both interested in Wanderlei Silva

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Bellator MMA president Scott Coker told Ariel Helwani on a recent edition of The MMA Hour that both Bellator and Rizin are interested in Silva, a recent free agent, provided he's no longer under suspension.

"He's gonna have to clear that all up," Coker said. "That's gonna be part of the deal. I know that Rizin wants to sign him as well. There's gonna be a couple of bidders out there for Wanderlei's services."

Coker said Silva is in Brazil right now, but when he returns to the U.S., "The Axe Murderer" and Bellator will sit down for a "serious conversation." On Wednesday, Bellator announced that Silva would be a part of the Bellator 149 fan fest on Feb. 18 in an ambassador role. He attempted to do that very thing two years ago, but was blocked due to his contract obligations with the UFC.

"When he gets cleared in the U.S. to fight, I think that Wanderlei would be able to stay pretty busy -- as busy as he wants," said Coker, whose organization signed former UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson this week.

LINK: Scott Coker: Bellator, Rizin both interested in Wanderlei Silva

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I listened to this also (please pat my back) and the one thing I took from this was "he's gotta clear all of that up"............

BanMe

Banished
Feb 9, 2016
Wandy should not fight again. Running away from a test is serious. Even if he failed, we'd be done with it now. As it currently stands, his legacy is tarnished more than if he had simply failed. That's my opinion. I don't want to see him in Bellator

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Wandy should not fight again. Running away from a test is serious. Even if he failed, we'd be done with it now. As it currently stands, his legacy is tarnished more than if he had simply failed. That's my opinion. I don't want to see him in Bellator
Others have failed tests and are still fighting. Anderson Silva being the most recent example. Wand's paid a pretty hefty price already, so if he can come back and try to make up for lost money, then I'm for it. He'll do good things for Bellator outside of the cage as well, in terms of promotion.

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015

BanMe

Banished
Feb 9, 2016
Others have failed tests and are still fighting. Anderson Silva being the most recent example. Wand's paid a pretty hefty price already, so if he can come back and try to make up for lost money, then I'm for it. He'll do good things for Bellator outside of the cage as well, in terms of promotion.
I get that. That's what I'm saying... if he had simply FAILED the test instead of running from it, I'd be way okay with it. Since he did, in fact, run from the test, it puts his legacy in question for me. That shows premeditation... in other words: he knows how to use a calendar. I'm guessing he knows exactly when his illegal agents will be out of his system.

*shrug* It's not a big thing. Just my opinion. I hope he is able to make the money he deserves because he is a true legend. I just think he's super shady.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I get that. That's what I'm saying... if he had simply FAILED the test instead of running from it, I'd be way okay with it. Since he did, in fact, run from the test, it puts his legacy in question for me. That shows premeditation... in other words: he knows how to use a calendar. I'm guessing he knows exactly when his illegal agents will be out of his system.

*shrug* It's not a big thing. Just my opinion. I hope he is able to make the money he deserves because he is a true legend. I just think he's super shady.
I feel ya homie. All of these guys that have been busted (Anderson, Romero, Lombard, etc, etc) all knew what they were doing. Their use was premeditated. Only difference is, they didn't run. Probably wanted to, but didnt lol.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
wanderlei juiced in pride. we all knew this, long before he ran from that test. its the only test he didn't want. nudge nudge, wink wink.