Coker looking at ‘business as usual’ for Bellator 242

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

With more than a month until their next fight card, Bellator president Scott Coker isn’t expecting more cancellations due to coronavirus precautions, but there are no guarantees.

Hopefully it’s not a case of wishful thinking, but with more than a month until their next event, Bellator president Scott Coker sounds like he expects things to be more or less back to normal by then.

The COVID-19 coronaviurs pandemic has wreaked havoc on this month’s MMA schedule, cancelling not only Bellator 241 at the last minute, but the next several UFC cards as well. However, even with no clear return to normalcy in sight, that isn’t stopping MMA promoters from planning ahead. Dana White has been adamant that the UFC will find a way to go ahead with…

Scott Coker looking at ‘business as usual’ for Bellator 242, but ready to ‘adjust as needed’

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
He'll probably find a way to get Corona vs H1N1 and that'll still be healthier than 1 of his Geriatric Park Masters division circa 1994 fights that'll headline Bellator... Bring back the tournaments and let the heroes of the 90s and early 2000s be at peace.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
He'll probably find a way to get Corona vs H1N1 and that'll still be healthier than 1 of his Geriatric Park Masters division circa 1994 fights that'll headline Bellator... Bring back the tournaments and let the heroes of the 90s and early 2000s be at peace.
Someone’s got a case of the Monday’s.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
The Bellator tournaments were dumb as fuck, champions ended up fighting in non-title fights (3 rounds too)

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Someone’s got a case of the Monday’s.
I'm just being a bitter bastard who going through sports withdrawals..I hold grudges with the best of them and i'll never forgive that Kimbo & Dada5whatever..I also have thin skin when it comes to slime ball promotional practices..I always liked Coker but he's def not the same as he ws with strikeforce.. Almost like since he grew that organization from the beginning he pushed for less freakshow fights and ws geared more world class home grown talent.. The SF heavy weight division ws a prime example of the quality and depth he had.. as where with Bellator he is geared more towards quantity over quality.. Some of the bellator cards he puts together are pure heinous and i'm a Day1 purist..I can't get down with anything that isn't striving to evolve and grow our sport.. Putting on past prime shot fighters with manufactured theater is the opposite of what we need for this sport..If we want to improve fighters benefits, pay and overall well being we gotta leave this shit in the past! Every major sport has a crossroad they had to cross in order to get where they are today.. there's no 1 particular way to fix all these problems but I know what we need not to do and that's not exploiting over the hill fighters that need protected from themselves.. just like how Japan used sakaraba and he's a national hero.. also being involved in every facet of the fight game and will never bite my tongue when I observe bullshit that is detrimental to thr sport I devoted my life to.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm just being a bitter bastard who going through sports withdrawals..I hold grudges with the best of them and i'll never forgive that Kimbo & Dada5whatever..I also have thin skin when it comes to slime ball promotional practices..I always liked Coker but he's def not the same as he ws with strikeforce.. Almost like since he grew that organization from the beginning he pushed for less freakshow fights and ws geared more world class home grown talent.. The SF heavy weight division ws a prime example of the quality and depth he had.. as where with Bellator he is geared more towards quantity over quality.. Some of the bellator cards he puts together are pure heinous and i'm a Day1 purist..I can't get down with anything that isn't striving to evolve and grow our sport.. Putting on past prime shot fighters with manufactured theater is the opposite of what we need for this sport..If we want to improve fighters benefits, pay and overall well being we gotta leave this shit in the past! Every major sport has a crossroad they had to cross in order to get where they are today.. there's no 1 particular way to fix all these problems but I know what we need not to do and that's not exploiting over the hill fighters that need protected from themselves.. just like how Japan used sakaraba and he's a national hero.. also being involved in every facet of the fight game and will never bite my tongue when I observe bullshit that is detrimental to thr sport I devoted my life to.
Understandable opinion. I don’t mind the old guys continuing to do what they love, as long as they’re matched up with other older guys.