Coker says he’d ‘love’ to make ‘Rampage’ Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva in 2018

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

A classic MMA rivalry might be reprised in 2018.

Bellator president Scott Coker told MMA Fighting on Thursday that the promotions attempting to put together a bout between Quinton Jackson and Wanderlei Silva. The two have fought three times previously and have had bad blood with each other going back well over a decade.

“That’s something that we’re talking to ‘Rampage’ about and talking to Wanderlei about,” Coker said. “I would love to make that fight before the end of the year.”

Jackson said on The MMA Hour in February that he wanted his next bout to be with Silva. Silva responded with a condition — he would want the fight to bein his native Brazil.

Bellator’s Scott Coker says he’d ‘love’ to make ‘Rampage’ Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva in 2018

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
No one trying to hump anyone in that one.

Who you guys taking?

I think Rampage has the advantage.
I really just want Vanderlei to face someone SUPER overrated and murder them first.
When's the last time Vanderlei even looked decent?
5 years?

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Tough, tough call at this stage in their respective careers. I'll lean toward Rampage I suppose. Tough to call who would win, and tough to call who I would want to win.

^ And to Sparkuri's point, when is the last time eith of them has looked good? I think it's been about 5 years for Rampage too,

CLINTK9

Oct 20, 2015
ill watch for sure, but would rather see:

wandy vs manhoef (a dream fight of mine)

rampage just doesnt seem like he wants to fight even when he fights. SOOOO sad to say he's one legend I just dont care to see fight anymore. but i guess i still wouldnt mind seeing rampage vs mitrione as they had beef and rampage WILL have to fight, or he get ko cold in that one. and the rampage vs tito fight we never got, but thats about it.

M

member 3289

Rampage stopped giving a fuck about cutting weight a long time ago.

M

member 603

I'll do the online PBP for this fight now.

Round 1-
Fight starts and both men meet in the middle, they circle each other for 10-15 seconds as the crowd cheers "Pride FC Pride FC". Wanderlei rushes Rampage with a flurry of punches as the crowd goes wild, but Jackson stays right in the pocket as both men swing on each momentarily. Jackson clinches Silva and presses him up against the fence. 4 minutes and 25 seconds later, the round ends.

Round 2-
Both men come out circling again, Jackson throws a four punch combo which causes Wanderlei to clinch. Both men exchange dirty boxing rabbit punches from the clinch as the crowd grows restless and starts booing. 4 minutes and 30 seconds pass and the round ends.

Round 3-
The round starts with the ref warning both fighters not to wall and stall. Both men are still feeling out each other, and a slight flurry ensues, leading to another clinch against the cage. Wanderlei throws a few knees, shades of their Pride battles. Both fighters are really slowing down at this point. The ref separates both fighters and restarts in the center of the cage, as the crowd is booing and chanting "RE-TI-RE". Wanderlei rushes in with another flurry, and Jackson starts swinging back. Jackson catches Silva with a glancing blow off a winging hook punch, and Silva drops to the canvas as the ref jumps in. The crowd goes wild cheering as the fight comes to the end 3 minutes into the final frame.

This fight will be terrible

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
This is utterly ridiculous.
But...I'll be watching! Lol
Wanderlei looked so slow and sloppy in last few years, but still no where near as slow and sloppy as rampage in his last fight. So I'll go with old Wandy on this one. Hope they can bring back pride rules for it.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't get some of the posts in this thread LOL...no offense it, but is making me laugh

these guys both got matched with skilled grapplers lately that wanted nothing to do with striking

They would bang it out with the quickness...can't see them laying down together...this fight ends for sure in 1 or 2

Power really is the last thing to go...striking-wise

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
This is utterly ridiculous.
But...I'll be watching! Lol
Wanderlei looked so slow and sloppy in last few years, but still no where near as slow and sloppy as rampage in his last fight. So I'll go with old Wandy on this one. Hope they can bring back pride rules for it.
If the fight is in Brazil Silva would look better. I’m sure he would be on some good horse meat either way. Doesn’t matter though, 285 pounds of Rampage is too much for him to handle. Rampage by KO.

M

member 603

If the fight is in Brazil Silva would look better. I’m sure he would be on some good horse meat either way. Doesn’t matter though, 285 pounds of Rampage is too much for him to handle. Rampage by KO.
Rampage is a cheeseburger away from going full Dada 5K in the cage.... Granted all he has to do is swing hard at Silva, and the breeze will KO him... The challenge is can he do that before the heart disease and DIABEETUS gets him first.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The performance Rampage had against Chael was absolutely shameful, by no means should anyone have expected Prime Page vs Chael, but Rampage really looked bad on a level that was unreal