Colby Covington rips Mark Cuban for removing national anthem from Dallas Mavericks games

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I find it ridiculous to be proud of something that you did not accomplish, but was an accident of birth. Same with racial pride.
Patriotism is the defense and support of one's country not just pride for the sake of it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Please stop. Your own post acknowledges that it didn't start during or become tradition during WW1.
yes, it does. You should read it. It's very clear.

how about you post a contravening source, instead of just misrepresenting mine?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Patriotism is the defense and support of one's country not just pride for the sake of it.
the game is in convincing people that the "country" is that specific group of oligarchs money-fucking the system.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
One time I got suspended for not standing at a mandatory high school football prep rally. I was like "you can force me to be here, but you cannot force me to participate." Got 2 weeks in school suspension. Told my mom, and she called them up and chewed them a new asshole, threatened to pull me out of school and sue them. The suspension was dropped.
that's so noble.

when I got suspended, it was for drinking on school property, fighting, or stealing a teacher's Chia pet and leaving ransom notes on her desk.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I find it ridiculous to be proud of something that you did not accomplish, but was an accident of birth. Same with racial pride.
agree. everybody here won the space-time lottery when they were born in their respective country. But they treat it like an accomplishment, a way to show evidence of their exceptionalism.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
yes, it does. You should read it. It's very clear.

how about you post a contravening source, instead of just misrepresenting mine?

It's not misrepresenting. You made a statement. I said your statement was wrong, you then posted a source corroborating that your statement is wrong.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's not misrepresenting. You made a statement. I said your statement was wrong, you then posted a source corroborating that your statement is wrong.
the source states that it became a tradition during WW1, limited only by the availability of bands.

Hence, the beginning of the tradition. Not that one time they did it 50 years before, and not when technology allowed them to do it as much as they wanted. The start of the tradition is tied to a specific time and alignment of circumstances that put the song in the national zeitgeist and elevated from "a thing we've done before" to "something we want to do every time."

where's your source? If you can't find another source that supports your position, I think it's pretty obvious that you're not comprehending the article.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
the source states that it became a tradition during WW1, limited only by the availability of bands.

Hence, the beginning of the tradition. Not that one time they did it 50 years before, and not when technology allowed them to do it as much as they wanted. The start of the tradition is tied to a specific time and alignment of circumstances that put the song in the national zeitgeist and elevated from "a thing we've done before" to "something we want to do every time."

where's your source? If you can't find another source that supports your position, I think it's pretty obvious that you're not comprehending the article.
It became a thing we want to do everytime during WW2 as per your own quote. It was a thing that started happening during the civil war as per your quote. Please, just stop, seriously.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
try not standing and removing your hat during both national anthems at a hockey game and tell me how that works out for you

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
try not standing and removing your hat during both national anthems at a hockey game and tell me how that works out for you
I've been going to hockey games my whole life, and at the peak of "stop Harper" or even now, I've never seen or felt the crowd be able to do anything but put their differences aside while the anthem has been played.

My opinion of government administrations not withstanding, the ideals that the country was founded on make the country worth caring about not who sits in the magic office.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It became a thing we want to do everytime during WW2 as per your own quote. It was a thing that started happening during the civil war as per your quote. Please, just stop, seriously.
no, it became a thing we WANTED to do during WW1, as the article clearly states it was only the advent of Public Address systems and recorded music that made it happen whenever we wanted it.

still waiting for that source of yours that puts WWII as that start. Starting to look like it doesn't exist.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
no, it became a thing we WANTED to do during WW1, as the article clearly states it was only the advent of Public Address systems and recorded music that made it happen whenever we wanted it.

still waiting for that source of yours that puts WWII as that start. Starting to look like it doesn't exist.
Wanted and started are two very different things. This is known to most people.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i like singing the anthems at hockey. everybody does. its not like there are a bunch of homos sitting down like bitches and pouting during the anthems. everyone stands and faces the Queen and we sing . it feels good. we even sing the american anthem when an american team comes to town. no one boos . some people just have no pride or respect in this day and age. if the biggest problem in your life is they sing a fucking song before they start a game you are a spoiled little bitch .

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

Based on my ignore alerts, you are arguing with a Canadian pedant. They didn't get our education, so they only know about the Highlights magazine version of our history.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Based on my ignore alerts, you are arguing with a Canadian pedant. They didn't get our education, so they only know about the Highlights magazine version of our history.
Oh.
Makes sense now

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I'll ask once that you refrain from insulting me as I've done for you even though it's been to my disadvantage.