Sports College basketball bribery scandal

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
A college basketball bribery scandal leads to arrests of 10 people — including an Adidas executive

The FBI arrested 10 people on charges of fraud and corruption in college basketball on Tuesday.

The Department of Justice announced Tuesday that college basketball coaches at University of Arizona, Auburn, University of Southern California, and Oklahoma State University had been arrested, as well as managers, financial advisors, and representatives of a major international sportswear company.

Jim Gatto, director of global sports marketing for basketball at Adidas, was also named as a defendant. According to the complaint, Gatto allegedly conspired with coaches to pay high school athletes to play at universities sponsored by Adidas (referred to as "Company 1" in the case).

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Oh shit, those aren't no name schools and that is a big brand.....I know, we all know that but I just wanted to express my reaction

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I thought I recognised that name.....Chuck Person.....crazy

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Thank God Reebok wasn't involved. Helps the UFC keep its clean image.
#FreeJones

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
sports are corrupt as shit

the Boxing NFL College B ball...UFC....money corrupts everyting

"cash rules everything around me,..."

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Each one of those schools is desperately searching for a fall guy to distance themselves from the situation. Will likely lead to reduction in scholarships and postseason eligibility.

I'm surprised Kentucky wasn't on the list. Coach Cal is dirty as fuck.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Oh shit. Louisville is also being named. With Pitino already serving a suspension from all those hookers this could get REAL ugly for those guys.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Oh shit. Louisville is also being named. With Pitino already serving a suspension from all those hookers this could get REAL ugly for those guys.
everything is ugly in Louisville.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Give those schools the death sentence. It's time for the REAL schools to take back college ball

Marlboro College, Neumont University, Platt College, Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College. Those are the power houses i want to see at March Madness!

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
BTW - does anyone think this is strictly limited to basketball? I gotta think that other sports programs at those schools are similarly compromised.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
BTW - does anyone think this is strictly limited to basketball? I gotta think that other sports programs at those schools are similarly compromised.
Heebok is about to be named paying wrestlers to go to schools in Las Vegas where the UFC gym is

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Possible. But NBA players make tons in endorsements. They are more recognizable than their NFL counterparts, so it would be understandable why they would be targeted. Everyone wants to land the next Lebron.

Plus the 1 and done scenario for the stud players in hoops speeds up the time between initial bribe and the end of the collegiate career.

MLB is a non issue because most of those studs go straight to pro and skip out on college completely. Not all, but most.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Louisville is fucked. Expect Pitino to resign by close of business tomorrow. Expect our AD to resign by the end of the week. And expect the NCAA to absolutely hammer us. I'm talking 5 years TV and postseason ban w/ massive scholarship reductions, and another 5 years probation...virtually a death penalty. This will take us a decade or more to recover from.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Fuck no, this is going on with all revenue sports. And it's happening at a hell of alot of more schools than just the 5-6 listed in today's FBI release. Think schools like Alabama, Kentucky, LSU, Florida St, etc, etc aren't funneling money to players? Shiiiiieeeeet. They're just either more refined at it, or haven't been caught yet.

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Each one of those schools is desperately searching for a fall guy to distance themselves from the situation. Will likely lead to reduction in scholarships and postseason eligibility.

I'm surprised Kentucky wasn't on the list. Coach Cal is dirty as fuck.
He funnels his money, in cash, from boosters to World Wide Wes...then to the recruits. He has the shit down to a science.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What pisses me off about this is, everyone and their mother has known AAU and shoe companies have been corrupt as hell for 10-20 years. And instead of monitoring it, investigating it, regulating it...the NCAA turned a blind eye because they're making a shit load of money. But watch, they will hammer the schools listed in this. Then they'll go right back to ignoring it, while filling their coffers.

There has been nothing amateur about "amateur sports" for decades. This is a dirty business, and the NCAA is the Organized Crime Syndicate that's in charge. Yet they stand on their ivory tower, and act as if they know nothing is going on, while ruining peoples lives.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What pisses me off about this is, everyone and their mother has known AAU and shoe companies have been corrupt as hell for 10-20 years. And instead of monitoring it, investigating it, regulating it...the NCAA turned a blind eye because they're making a shit load of money. But watch, they will hammer the schools listed in this. Then they'll go right back to ignoring it, while filling their coffers.

There has been nothing amateur about "amateur sports" for decades. This is a dirty business, and the NCAA is the Organized Crime Syndicate that's in charge. Yet they stand on their ivory tower, and act as if they know nothing is going on, while ruining peoples lives.
JK

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Louisville is fucked. Expect Pitino to resign by close of business tomorrow. Expect our AD to resign by the end of the week. And expect the NCAA to absolutely hammer us. I'm talking 5 years TV and postseason ban w/ massive scholarship reductions, and another 5 years probation...virtually a death penalty. This will take us a decade or more to recover from.
The more I read about this, I agree, Slick Rick is done.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
And for the record, I'm talking Pitino, not the WWE guy. But just for shits and giggles...