General Colleges Are Rejecting Applicants Who Follow Controversial People On Twitter

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Shear on Social Media

While major Internet platforms are busy silencing Alex Jones of Infowars.com, prestigious colleges are rejecting applicants who connect on social media with him and others with opinions not considered mainstream. We are not talking about applicants who are retweeting alleged hate speech, alleged “Fake News”, or alleged hoaxes. We are talking about just following a Twitter feed of someone whose views are frowned upon by members of an admissions committee.

While one of my legal clients (a 17 year old teen) was being interviewed by one of the most competitive colleges in the country he was asked why he was following Alex Jones on Twitter. My client, a teenager expected to talk about his stellar grades, top test scores, amazing extracurricular activities and volunteer work, but the interviewer focused on who he was connecting with online. My client had never “liked” or re-tweeted any of Mr. Jones’ content. His alleged “transgression” was that he followed Mr. Jones on Twitter. That was it.

Subsequently, the student’s parents engaged me about this troubling situation. Immediately, I performed a digital background check on the admissions interviewer and found her to be a Bernie Sanders follower. Interestingly, Mr. Jones’ is not a big fan of Mr. Sanders. To each his own; however, political discrimination has no place during the college admissions process and I told the college’s admissions director that the situation must be properly resolved immediately. The college didn’t want any negative publicity about this matter so it quickly resolved the situation to my client’s satisfaction.

This example demonstrates why teens need to not just audit their digital profiles and lock down their social media accounts during the college application process, they must also ensure that their web surfing history is not collected by an admissions committee because innocent digital activity is being used to reject students from their dream colleges. A teen’s web search history may include topics such as politics, religion, health status, creed, etc. According to The New York Times, some colleges are trying to buy these data points from the organizations that provide the SAT or ACT who obtain this data directly from student test takers.

This data collection and usage is an entirely new level of social engineering that is trying to change society. For the past few years, colleges have been admitting students who are intolerant of free speech and political views they don’t share. According to The Washington Post, incoming college students are more hostile to free speech than they have been during the past 50 years. The survey that the Washington Post cites demonstrates how college admissions officials are silently shaping society based upon whom they admit.

While I am not a listener or supporter of Mr. Jones’ (I was a couple of blocks away from the World Trade Center in NYC on 9/11 and heard the first plane hit the Twin Towers and saw the second plane deliberately crash into the Towers so I can say with certainty it wasn’t a False Flag event as Mr. Jones has claimed), his audience has every right to watch his videos and listen to him and connect with him online since we live in a free country. Unfortunately, some college admissions officials believe that applicants who connect with him online regardless of whether they believe Mr. Jones’ theories should not be provided an opportunity to attend the country’s most prestigious higher education institutions.

Many college admissions offices such as Harvard are encouraging anyone who has “digital dirt” on an applicant or accepted student to send it to the admissions department so they can reject an applicant or revoke an offer. This happens regularly and finally made international headlines last year when Harvard revoked offers to at least 10 applicants based up their digital footprint. What is more troubling is that Harvard has lobbied for years against a social media privacy law for applicants that would ban colleges in Massachusetts from being able to request applicants verify their digital accounts and activities which may indicate their political or personal opinions.

Harvard along with other prestigious colleges have a long documented history discriminating against students based on religion and other personal attributes. A recent lawsuit is claiming Harvard for years has discriminated against Asians. The evidence so far demonstrates the troubling ways Harvard uses personal non-academic information to reject applicants.

The bottom line is that if a college applicant visits websites that discuss hot button political issues such as the president, or far left or far right lawmakers, the First Amendment or Second Amendment rights, abortion, affirmative action, gay marriage, immigration, etc. its highly possible they may be denied admission to the most prestigious colleges in the United States. Why? Because an increasing number of college admissions officials are going to great lengths to collect their applicant’s personal political opinions.

This is not an isolated incident. I have dealt with multiple similar social media matters that focus on President Donald Trump’s opinions and actions along with those of other prominent voices (e.g. those considered very conservative or very liberal) whose opinions about hot button issues of public concern may not be shared by a majority of the population (e.g. members of an admissions committee).

At the appropriate time, I will continue to share more of these troubling incidents so people can better protect themselves from having their lives ruined because of their personal beliefs or curiosity. My clients engage me to protect their privacy and I only shared this incident because the client gave me permission (due to the recent news) to do so as long as I was able to share the information in a manner that wouldn’t out him.

I protect my clients from these troubling college admissions practices and I guarantee that if you use my Digital Armour services you/your teen will not be rejected from their dream college or have an offer revoked based upon their social media activity or Internet search history. I offer a money back guarantee if you/your teen is rejected or has an offer revoked based upon their digital life. To buy my online course to protect your family here is a link and a 50% off discount code “freespeech50”. To learn more about my personalized services such as a Digital Life Audit and one on one consulting services here is a link. To contact me here is a this link or you can call me at 301-652-3600.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think that we are currently penalizing people for modern activity using old standards. I think that eventually as new generations come along with all of their dirt online, a reset will have to happen in Views and acceptance.

Lack of context, Old Posts the only represent a young person and not the current older individual, and maybe even a rethink of entire topics that are taboo as it becomes realized everyone does it or thinks it.

We used to have a joke Thread about Ken Bone. The news was busy taking his old post out of context and turning him into the top villain. we took a bunch of users post out of context and made funny headlines but I think there's some truth to the topic.

Right now these kids are just doing what everybody is doing and probably not acting all that different than their peers. Only the ones hiding it will get away unscathed. but eventually I think those kids will be older and making different societal decisions.

M

member 3289

Good. Anyone who follows Donald Trump doesn't belong in a university setting.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Well you're not in danger of ever going to college, so you're safe.

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
The fact that the article ends in an advertisement makes it suspect, but if it's legit then that's super fucked up.

What a fucking WEIRD time we're living in. Never before have people been SO goddamned interested in what other people think and say, and SO goddamned eager to get up on their soapbox and sanctimoniously shame and insult others for their beliefs.

What is most terrifying is that such a large percentage of the population is happily going along with this and contributing to it, rather than rejecting this strange direction that society is moving in.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Fucking stupid. I didn't even like Alex Jones but I follow him on Twitter because I find him hilarious.
he is a complete jackass but god damn is it funny when he loses his mind.ill watch a 5 min alex jones clip for entertainment .i feel ripped off if it doesnt end in a freak out

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
These old and narrow minded assholes have always been around, they just have e a new focus. When i was in collge i had a professor rip my in front of the class for having a nose ring and ear rings. He said he would refuse to interview me if i ever walked in seeking a job with him. Of course i wouldn’t have worn them to an interview you old fuck. Point is that the older generation is always going to be critical of the younger. I’m seeing that more and more as i get older. I will be telling people to get off my lawn very soon.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
These old and narrow minded assholes have always been around, they just have e a new focus. When i was in collge i had a professor rip my in front of the class for having a nose ring and ear rings. He said he would refuse to interview me if i ever walked in seeking a job with him. Of course i wouldn’t have worn them to an interview you old fuck. Point is that the older generation is always going to be critical of the younger. I’m seeing that more and more as i get older. I will be telling people to get off my lawn very soon.
These aren't older people, and men shouldn't wear jewelry.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Yeah, Buddhist symbols are a bit different from a fucking nose ring.
Though I would agree, rings are jewelry. Also who was the guy on the ring? Didn't you say he was the king of thailand? How is he a symbol of buddhism?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
It's Luang phu that. An old monk. The king is a symbol for Buddhism.

Yes, I'm Buddhist.
I'm shocked you have a religion. Is dog kicking permitted within the rules? I know killing insects is not, but hey, in a country that is 90% buddhist, they certainly have no problem deep frying and serving that shit up.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm shocked you have a religion. Is dog kicking permitted within the rules? I know killing insects is not, but hey, in a country that is 90% buddhist, they certainly have no problem deep frying and serving that shit up.
I'm a layman and not a monk.