Common Injuires & Treatment

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Wrecked my back doing deadlifts in a stupid fashion.

Remedy: More deadlifts.

Now, I don't really get injured but I'm pretty big on not training like a buffoon (anymore).

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015

Now, I don't really get injured but I'm pretty big on not training like a buffoon (anymore).
My back gets sore when I don't dl. Like right now. Hip issues after a long break too

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Wing Lam Kung Fu makes a wonderful Dit Da Jow that is sometimes given a deeper push into the affected tissue/s with a small dab of Tiger Balm or other such mentholyptus-type rub and thorough massage. Ask the Chinese Olympic Lifters if it works.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016

I heard you can get hemorrhoids when lifting heavy . is that true?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I heard you can get hemorrhoids when lifting heavy . is that true?
I never did. It's been so long since I was powerlifting competitively that I can't remember if anyone else complained about it.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
You can but unless your goal is to lift heavy weights, you don't have to. And lifting heavier increases your risk of injury.
You can get injured doing bodyweight stuff, let alone lifting weights.

Proper technique, stretching/mobility drills, recovery, QUALITY warm up & periodisation should REALLY minimise any potential threat of injury.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
You can but unless your goal is to lift heavy weights, you don't have to. And lifting heavier increases your risk of injury.
Not interested in lifting too heavy .. Just want to have strength and toned body.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
You can get injured doing bodyweight stuff, let alone lifting weights.

Proper technique, stretching/mobility drills, recovery, QUALITY warm up & periodisation should REALLY minimise any potential threat of injury.
Agree but the more stress you put on your body, the higher the risk of injury. I mean, obviously being sedentary is more of a risk but I'm talking about the context of people that are already training.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
Agree but the more stress you put on your body, the higher the risk of injury. I mean, obviously being sedentary is more of a risk but I'm talking about the context of people that are already training.
True, but gymnasts get injured all the time, and I don't see them touching weights.

My point being that even if you go from being a PL'er to doing only press up's & sit up's, you WILL get injured somewhere down the line.

No method is safe.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
True, but gymnasts get injured all the time, and I don't see them touching weights.

My point being that even if you go from being a PL'er to doing only press up's & sit up's, you WILL get injured somewhere down the line.

No method is safe.
The increased level of intensity is what increases risk of injury. That could be increased weight, increased range of motion, increased volume etc.