Conor and Paulie reportedly had a war in sparring this week!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJppSNVMj5c&t=2s

This summer's highly anticipated boxing match between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor is just over three weeks away.

But in the meantime, it sounds like McGregor versus Paulie Malignaggi is a heck of a rivalry.

A former two-weight boxing champion, now retired, Malignaggi is currently in Las Vegas as one of McGregor's primary sparring partners. The two have shared the ring twice, and Malignaggi already has noticed a difference.

Though he wouldn't go into specifics, Malignaggi said he clearly noticed several improvements from their prior session.

"I think the intensity Conor's reaching is starting to show in the hard work he's put into camp," Malignaggi told ESPN. "I think he's getting better and better. I really felt improvements from two weeks ago to now ... I do see a guy who is implementing more and more of what they want to do in their game plan."

Link: Malignaggi, Conor have 'violent' sparring match

Appears conor gave him another shiner and Paulie admits he was gassing vs Conor.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

member 3289

Yeah the referee Conor hired (Joe Cortez) mentioned a few times how he had to get in the middle of it and calm things the fuck down. Apparently Conor was not only beating the shit out of Malignaggi but trash talking him the entire way.

This is probably payback for Paulie running to the media like a girl after their first sparring session (in which Conor didn't showcase everything he had just to see if Paulie would keep quiet about it or not).

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
why is Conor always midair & ten feet from him in the pictures he posts, is he planning on coming off the top rope?

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
This part was interesting:

'"Lot of violence," Malignaggi said. "I went in there to prove a point. I didn't like the fact I had to fly across the country on Monday, and they have me scheduled for 12 [rounds] on Tuesday. I thought it was a little bit of a setup.

'"Usually all sparring is private. I show up at the UFC headquarters and [former owner, Lorenzo] Fertitta is there. [UFC president] Dana White is there. So, I'm thinking these guys are thinking they'll catch me right off the flight, set me up for him to look good in front of his audience. I didn't like that. I kind of went in with a chip on my shoulder."'

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
This part was interesting:

'"Lot of violence," Malignaggi said. "I went in there to prove a point. I didn't like the fact I had to fly across the country on Monday, and they have me scheduled for 12 [rounds] on Tuesday. I thought it was a little bit of a setup.

'"Usually all sparring is private. I show up at the UFC headquarters and [former owner, Lorenzo] Fertitta is there. [UFC president] Dana White is there. So, I'm thinking these guys are thinking they'll catch me right off the flight, set me up for him to look good in front of his audience. I didn't like that. I kind of went in with a chip on my shoulder."'
I bet he's going to be really pissed when he realizes that the ring and the cage in there are also loaded with cameras and everything is being recorded. Hell, there were probably even more people watching because there's an observation room for VIPs to watch fighters train.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
When is this "fight"?
Finally someone who sees it in the correct light, you're right it is a fight, as a opposed to a boxing match, its just a fight that will be governed somewhat by the rules of boxing. Its the 26th.

C

Ceiling Fan

This sentence made me feel bad on the inside:

"But in the meantime, it sounds like McGregor versus Paulie Malignaggi is a heck of a rivalry."

M

member 3289

Pauli is not even close to Floyd defensively
Doesn't matter. He's a former WBA welterweight champ and all these Conor haters are talking mad shit about how Conor would get tuned up by even mid-tier guys bc he doesn't have any pro boxing experience.

Well he just KO'd a former boxing champ IN FUCKING SPARRING.

How bout dat?

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Yep... Entirely different Universe

And Paulie is outta shape, coming off the couch and eating cheetos
Whenever Conor defeats someone, they become an insta-bum on message boards. Even Aldo became old and forgot how to fight, according to the crowd. LOL

It will be no different with Junior on Aug 27.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Doesn't matter. He's a former WBA welterweight champ and all these Conor haters are talking mad shit about how Conor would get tuned up by even mid-tier guys bc he doesn't have any pro boxing experience.

How bout dat?
I am not a hater FYI...I am an MMA observer that has observed thousands of matches

Who did he KO? I didn't hear about this

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
Yeah the referee Conor hired (Joe Cortez) mentioned a few times how he had to get in the middle of it and calm things the fuck down. Apparently Conor was not only beating the shit out of Malignaggi but trash talking him the entire way.

This is probably payback for Paulie running to the media like a girl after their first sparring session (in which Conor didn't showcase everything he had just to see if Paulie would keep quiet about it or not).
Seems legit

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015

How bout dat?
He KO'd him? vid or gtfo plz