Conor ghosted Poirier after promising $500,000 charity donation

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Dustin should tweet back that the money is going for a charity that helps old men that have cte from being sucker punched for turning down drinks.
Dustin should stop making private matters public when he's the one who didn't submit a proper business plan.

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
Connor seems like he's half drunk with these tweets, hope the guy steps up his act.

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
Conor has in some weird way become Mel Gibson, am I the only one getting that vibe? He seems like he's just running around naked in his mansion with tigers while everybody is trying to keep him in control and from shitting on the walls, while hes covered in cocaine from head to toe.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb-apMm1V2g

M

member 3289

There was a breakdown in communication somewhere. Conor is known for donating and following through.

Mace

Prophet of poon
Oct 29, 2015
There was a breakdown in communication somewhere. Conor is known for donating and following through.

Are there more than one SBG gyms in Ireland? If that's his home gym that's not a very good example to use. He was given a start and a home there, would be a bad look if his home gym shut down when his purses are so large.

M

member 3289

Are there more than one SBG gyms in Ireland? If that's his home gym that's not a very good example to use. He was given a start and a home there, would be a bad look if his home gym shut down when his purses are so large.
There's more than one.

Conor trains at SBG Dublin. He made a donation to SBG Portarlington.

Not his home gym.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Conor's manager weighing in. He's 100% right that this should not have been made public...

View: https://twitter.com/AudieAttar/status/1381564953497247744?s=19
This is not the way donations work and Conor is completely full of crap. I worked in charitable fundraising for much of my career and the idea that donors have this level of access to line item expenditures for their giving is absurd. Typically, a program or organization's only responsibility is to provide a prospective donor with their publicly disclosed 990 form which they have to file annually anyway and gives an overview of their finances and then the donor may specify if they want the funding to be restricted or unrestricted. That is to say they can specify whether they want the money to be spent on a particular sub-program or service or only for staff expenditures or for particular goods program participants will receive. A $500,000 gift is substantial for an organization of the size of Dustin's and most likely they would prefer unrestricted funds to cover general operating expenses etc. The problem is funders often have the mistaken impression that they know what's best for the organization even more than the org itself so they will occasionally go this route and try to micromanage how and when it will be spent. At that point the org usually has the choice to say this donation is worth it or it's going to require more administrative labor time than it's worth. Ideally, they convince the donor to come to a mutually satisfactory deal, but the donor can just as often stop responding or start stonewalling, which can often be a sign that either they were never committed to the gift in the first place or that they're having personal cashflow issues. Makes me sort of curious if Conor's manager is doing his wealth management work also because usually you want a strict firewall between the two.

M

member 3289

This is not the way donations work and Conor is completely full of crap. I worked in charitable fundraising for much of my career and the idea that donors have this level of access to line item expenditures for their giving is absurd. Typically, a program or organization's only responsibility is to provide a prospective donor with their publicly disclosed 990 form which they have to file annually anyway and gives an overview of their finances and then the donor may specify if they want the funding to be restricted or unrestricted. That is to say they can specify whether they want the money to be spent on a particular sub-program or service or only for staff expenditures or for particular goods program participants will receive. A $500,000 gift is substantial for an organization of the size of Dustin's and most likely they would prefer unrestricted funds to cover general operating expenses etc. The problem is funders often have the mistaken impression that they know what's best for the organization even more than the org itself so they will occasionally go this route and try to micromanage how and when it will be spent. At that point the org usually has the choice to say this donation is worth it or it's going to require more administrative labor time than it's worth. Ideally, they convince the donor to come to a mutually satisfactory deal, but the donor can just as often stop responding or start stonewalling, which can often be a sign that either they were never committed to the gift in the first place or that they're having personal cashflow issues. Makes me sort of curious if Conor's manager is doing his wealth management work also because usually you want a strict firewall between the two.
Donation is still going ahead. This entire ordeal has caused me to lose a lot of respect not only for Dustin but also for you. Be better.

View: https://twitter.com/AudieAttar/status/1381568041834586116?s=19

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Donation is still going ahead. This entire ordeal has caused me to lose a lot of respect not only for Dustin but also for you. Be better.

View: https://twitter.com/AudieAttar/status/1381568041834586116?s=19
Seems like if Dustin ever sees that money it will only be so Conor can save face due to this tweet. Knowing Conor he'll give a week before they fight, hoping Dustin will be nicer to him in the cage. Maybe choke him instead of going for the KO like friendly Mr. Diaz did.