Conor ghosted Poirier after promising $500,000 charity donation

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
Are there more than one SBG gyms in Ireland? If that's his home gym that's not a very good example to use. He was given a start and a home there, would be a bad look if his home gym shut down when his purses are so large.
There are few these days. Most of his old coaches have opened their own SBG gyms

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Pint is 16 as my post said
I think a 5th is 30 bucks maybe?

I tried it once...rubbing alcohol smell, not good stuff

They are pushing it right now, I saw a conor cutout in a store
It’s cat piss man, can barely find it here for a reason, nobody who drinks whiskey drinks that shit

M

member 3289

Re-post from the other thread on this topic.

From Reddit:

Poirier's Good Fight Foundation, unlike a typical reputable charity, has no publicly available financial statements and no detailed breakdown of expenses. His wife is the treasurer. The charity is neither rated nor profiled by any major charity watch.

1) No publicly available detailed list of expenses.

The charity's IRS Form 990 provides no details or breakdown on how its money is spent. The form just has two entries for expenses: $4,810 in office expenses and $178,210 in "other expenses." The form provides no specifics on what these "other expenses" are.

Sec. 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code gives charities tax-exempt status only if they comply with Federal disclosure and recordkeeping requirements.

Dustin's IRS filing explicitly claims tax -exempt status but has nowhere near the level of detail required.

As an accountant below pointed out: "No way in hell I would ever put 90%+ of a client’s deductions into miscellaneous expenses. That’s a big no-no and a red flag."

The charity's website has some pictures and blurbs about its activities, but no audited financial statements providing a detailed breakdown of actual expenses. Even unaudited statements cannot be found.

Publicly available audited financial statements are standard for a reputable charity. See for example the highly rated Malaria Foundation and Hellen Keller International.

Granted, Dustin's charity isn't as big as these examples. That doesn't excuse him from the legal obligation of financial transparency, an obligation that applies to everyone who solicits money from the public while claiming tax-exempt status under Sec. 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. If for some reason he can't hire even a local accountant to audit his charity (despite bringing in at least $300K), why not post at least a detailed breakdown of expenses?

2) Conflict of Interest

The same IRS form indicates that the charity has three officers, two of whom are Dustin and his wife, who is the Treasurer of the charity.

Having your wife as Treasurer of your charity represents a massive conflict of interest, which IRS regulations specifically require you to avoid.

Reputable charities typically have an independent professional in this position. It isn't necessarily expensive to do this. It is really not that hard to ask a professional acquaintance to volunteer his time. Just don't put your wife there, for chrissake.

3) No ratings or financial information available on major charity watches

Charity Navigator: not scored

Charity Watch: no results found

Guidestar: profile needs more info

Being unrated and unprofiled by these organizations doesn't necessarily mean anything sinister. However, at the very least this indicates a lack of substantial and verifiable track record. What is even more concerning is the fact that the charity has not disclosed or posted any financial information to these sites, which you can do regardless of how new your company is.

None of these indicates any wrongdoing by Dustin, of course. However, it does raise red flags, especially the lack of independent oversight in the charity's board.

If a client were to ask me, based on these documents, whether I could recommend the charity for a $500,000 donation, I could not ethically do so.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Yep it came with a free "Galt Starter Pack" lol

No doubt lol I had to look it up and it legit looks like a poor man's version of it
lol im just saying because I own 3 real spydercos it is a distinctive and somewhat iconic knife design.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

From Reddit:

Poirier's Good Fight Foundation, unlike a typical reputable charity, has no publicly available financial statements and no detailed breakdown of expenses. His wife is the treasurer. The charity is neither rated nor profiled by any major charity watch.

The charity's IRS Form 990 provides no details or breakdown on how its money is spent. The form just has two entries for expenses: $4,810 in office expenses and $178,210 in "other expenses." The form provides no specifics on what these "other expenses" are.

Sec. 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code gives charities tax-exempt status only if they comply with Federal disclosure and recordkeeping requirements.

Dustin's IRS filing explicitly claims tax -exempt status but has nowhere near the level of detail required.

As an accountant below pointed out: "No way in hell I would ever put 90%+ of a client’s deductions into miscellaneous expenses. That’s a big no-no and a red flag."

The charity's website has some pictures and blurbs about its activities, but no audited financial statements providing a detailed breakdown of actual expenses. Even unaudited statements cannot be found.

Publicly available audited financial statements are standard for a reputable charity. See for example the highly rated Malaria Foundation and Hellen Keller International.

Granted, Dustin's charity isn't as big as these examples. That doesn't excuse him from the legal obligation of financial transparency, an obligation that applies to everyone who solicits money from the public while claiming tax-exempt status under Sec. 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. If for some reason he can't hire even a local accountant to audit his charity (despite bringing in at least $300K), why not post at least a detailed breakdown of expenses?

2) Conflict of Interest

The same IRS form indicates that the charity has three officers, two of whom are Dustin and his wife, who is the Treasurer of the charity.

Having your wife as Treasurer of your charity represents a massive conflict of interest, which IRS regulations specifically require you to avoid.

Reputable charities typically have an independent professional in this position. It isn't necessarily expensive to do this. It is really not that hard to ask a professional acquaintance to volunteer his time. Just don't put your wife there, for chrissake.

Being unrated and unprofiled by these organizations doesn't necessarily mean anything sinister. However, at the very least this indicates a lack of substantial and verifiable track record. What is even more concerning is the fact that the charity has not disclosed or posted any financial information to these sites, which you can do regardless of how new your company is.

None of these indicates any wrongdoing by Dustin, of course. However, it does raise red flags, especially the lack of independent oversight in the charity's board.

If a client were to ask me, based on these documents, whether I could recommend the charity for a $500,000 donation, I could not ethically do so.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
kneeblock is one of those peeps that can rationalize anything. Awesome. How about rationalizing a heavy bet on JP over BA. Vegas odds are way off IMO.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
I do agree w/u that he is waiting for the last wk. (Connor), to add hype, ratings and hope that JP takes it easier on him.

M

member 3289

Sorry, I know it was a bit long. Here's the condensed version:

From Reddit:

2) Conflict of Interest

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

From Reddit:

2) Conflict of Interest

You would think if Ari and Dana weren't such greedy retards they would just call up Conor and Dustin and go 'here's an extra 500k. You stop welching, you stop talking about your fake scam charity'.

They say no publicity is bad publicity but I don't agree in this case. It just makes the sport look like the sketchy, cheap clownshow that it is. The appeal with Conor is supposed to be the 'money' angle, not for him to be haggling over 500 grand, even if he is justified in doing so.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
You would think if Ari and Dana weren't such greedy retards they would just call up Conor and Dustin and go 'here's an extra 500k. You stop welching, you stop talking about your fake scam charity'.

They say no publicity is bad publicity but I don't agree in this case. It just makes the sport look like the sketchy, cheap clownshow that it is. The appeal with Conor is supposed to be the 'money' angle, not for him to be haggling over 500 grand, even if he is justified in doing so.
They don't care.
After almost every single fight on every single UFC event is a professional athlete begging their boss for money/bonus.

Mace

Prophet of poon
Oct 29, 2015

From Reddit:

2) Conflict of Interest

You're trying to pimp this bullshit into every thread you can. Well damn, if it's on Reddit it must be true. You are a fucking idiot. You find information that is inaccurate on a public forum and slander a person/charity because he is opposite your favorite fighter? The dumbass that wrote the part about not having an auditor looked into nothing beyond the first Google result when it was just the 2 of them. Breaking news, it's not anymore. A public search turns up numbers different than what's in your post. Like I said before, I've been through all their info. I'm not saying I'd run a charity the exact same way but they are doing things right. I'm done replying to this shit. Ban me if you want I don't care, this guy is a fucking tool.

M

member 3289

You're trying to pimp this bullshit into every thread you can. Well damn, if it's on Reddit it must be true. You are a fucking idiot. You find information that is inaccurate on a public forum and slander a person/charity because he is opposite your favorite fighter? The dumbass that wrote the part about not having an auditor looked into nothing beyond the first Google result when it was just the 2 of them. Breaking news, it's not anymore. A public search turns up numbers different than what's in your post. Like I said before, I've been through all their info. I'm not saying I'd run a charity the exact same way but they are doing things right. I'm done replying to this shit. Ban me if you want I don't care, this guy is a fucking tool.
Found some new info:

2) Conflict of Interest