Conor McGregor: ‘How can I not consider myself the UFC featherweight world champion?’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Conor McGregor set a new record in November 2016 at UFC 205 when he won the UFC lightweight belt. This made him the first and only fighter to hold two titles from two different weight classes at the same time.

But he had only enjoyed this accolade for a couple of weeks when the UFC decided to strip him of the belt due to his inability to defend it. Subsequently, the title was awarded to then interim champion Jose Aldo, who lost it to current champion Max Holloway at UFC 212 last June.

McGregor still holds the lightweight belt, which he has not defended for almost a year now and has created a power vacuum within the division. In his mind though, he is still the…

McGregor: I am still UFC 145-pound champion, ‘100%’

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Simple...look at the rankings and see Holloway as the champion, if he thinks he is the 145 lb champ then go prove it..til then go see a neurologist, he has been hit in his head one to many

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Simple...look at the rankings and see Holloway as the champion, if he thinks he is the 145 lb champ then go prove it..til then go see a neurologist, he has been hit in his head one to many
Conor mentioned defending his UFC belts today. Me thinks he might have his eyes set on a Max rematch if he gets past Frankie.

Conor vs. Max II - FW vs. LW superfight mid 2018

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Conor mentioned defending his UFC belts today. Me thinks he might have his eyes set on a Max rematch if he gets past Frankie.

Conor vs. Max II - FW vs. LW superfight mid 2018
Nah he is just talking out of his ass...

T

The Big Guy

Conor already beat holloway with one leg and loosened aldos chin for max the way a father loosens a jar lid for his boy

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Conor already beat holloway with one leg and loosened aldos chin for max the way a father loosens a jar lid for his boy
Conor got smoked by 2 dudes when he was 21-22 as well. Look at him now.

Not saying Holloway beats him in a rematch, but I def wouldn't write him off

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
Well he did beat the champ and the new champ in a fight. And the new champ got the belt from beating the old champ that Conor already beat .

So I mean if you want to be the champion, you have the beat the champion and neither Aldo nor Holloway did that. Or is it you're not champ until you defend your belt ? If that's the case, as so many ppl want to say about mcgregor and his belts, then Holloway still isn't champ for not defending his belt yet lol . But Conor beat both the last two champions of the division

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
He's still the champ champ whether anyone likes it or not. The last "title fight" at 145 was between two guys he beat.

Cruz and Cain went literally years without defending their belts and didn't get stripped. Conor is still the UNDISPUTED champion of TWO weight classes.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
He's still the champ champ whether anyone likes it or not. The last "title fight" at 145 was between two guys he beat.

Cruz and Cain went literally years without defending their belts and didn't get stripped. Conor is still the UNDISPUTED champion of TWO weight classes.
Cain and Cruz fought again in the same weight division though, Conor is never fighting at 145 again.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Well he did beat the champ and the new champ in a fight. And the new champ got the belt from beating the old champ that Conor already beat .

So I mean if you want to be the champion, you have the beat the champion and neither Aldo nor Holloway did that. Or is it you're not champ until you defend your belt ? If that's the case, as so many ppl want to say about mcgregor and his belts, then Holloway still isn't champ for not defending his belt yet lol . But Conor beat both the last two champions of the division
Last I checked he was the 155 lb champ sometime last year

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

So in that analogy I take it that cyborg is not the true champion because she didn't fight The 145 pound champ who is stripped of her title

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
So in that analogy I take it that cyborg is not the true champion because she didn't fight The 145 pound champ who is stripped of her title

Listen buddy, we know mcgregor isn't the belt holder anymore officially. But I'll still call him the champ champ lol. it's the same people said about jones and D.C. , jones was the true champion even though D.C. held the belt..

D.C. Wasnt the real champ cause he didn't beat jones, right?

Is this not the same situation as with Holloway, who lost to mcgregor already and only got the belt by beating someone that mcgregor KOd? In addition, mcgregors reason for getting the title stripped were far better than jones'.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Listen buddy, we know mcgregor isn't the belt holder anymore officially. But I'll still call him the champ champ lol. it's the same people said about jones and D.C. , jones was the true champion even though D.C. held the belt..

D.C. Wasnt the real champ cause he didn't beat jones, right?

Is this not the same situation as with Holloway, who lost to mcgregor already and only got the belt by beating someone that mcgregor KOd? In addition, mcgregors reason for getting the title stripped were far better than jones'.
Bottom line you answered it like a man, we know mcgregor isn't the belt holder anymore officially.