VID Conor McGregor 'almost had' Diego Sanchez fight in Mexico, now targeting Rafael dos Anjos at lightwe

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Conor McGregor 'almost had' Diego Sanchez fight in Mexico, now targeting Rafael dos Anjos at lightweight - MMA Fighting

OS ANGELES -- Conor McGregor is next in line for a UFC featherweight title shot. And he's spoken at length about moving up to lightweight and even welterweight in the future. Get the fast-talking Irishman going long enough and he might put himself right up there with Cain Velasquez at heavyweight.
But as it turns out, McGregor was closer than most people knew to taking a fight at lightweight last year. "The Notorious" said Tuesday during the UFC 189 World Tour stop here in LA that he "almost had" a bout with Diego Sanchez at UFC 180 last November in Mexico City.
McGregor and Sanchez have exchanged barbs on social media and in interviews for years. When Sanchez's opponent, Norman Parke, got injured, McGregor petitioned the UFC to let him fill in. McGregor even tweeted that it would happen.
"I had [UFC CEO] Lorenzo [Fertitta] on board," McGregor said. "Lorenzo was cool with it. But Dana didn't want it."
McGregor (17-2) understands why. The UFC has taken a sensible path with him. McGregor beat Dennis Siver in January to set up this massive bout with Jose Aldo for the featherweight title at UFC 189 on July 11 in Las Vegas.
However, leaving the 145-pound division is on McGregor's mind often. For one thing, making that weight is physically difficult for him. And he's also chasing history and money. McGregor, 26, envisions himself as a champion in two weight classes, maybe three. He issued a warning to new lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos on Tuesday.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I hate to be the one to say it and might be out of line for saying this but I once wanted to fight this guy and my dad was all for it but my mom said no so we didn't do it

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I hate to be the one to say it and might be out of line for saying this but I once wanted to fight this guy and my dad was all for it but my mom said no so we didn't do it
This will require a back story, long version.