Conor McGregor said he's a billionaire in an Instagram post, but it's unlikely

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Didn't he make like $500 million from the sales of Proper 12 last year???

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Let’s say he did. He cleared about 40 after taxes, managers cut, etc. How much of that did he blow? 10 million on cars, jewelry, clothes, etc? So he may have 30 of that in net worth? Maybe.
The ole tax man
take take take

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
I'm gonna need a second opinion
No surprise there.

200k cases is about 40 million, depending on wholesale price, taxes, shipping etc.

He did boost the market in the U.S a bit, which Jameson reaped the benefits mostly, because his whiskey is piss it can't live up to the price point and the lies he sells it off the back of.

Its a lot of money to make in a year on a new brand, especially a whiskey that is barely aged 5 years, has sweetener added and one where the flavour disappears with a drop of water.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I know the rumor is that Conor, like many other athletes that got rich quick, will blow all of his money eventually. I think this isn't accurate. Conor is many things and one of them is that he is intelligent. He also comes from a good family so I think he has plenty of voices to remind him of what is important.

I think he will stay wealthy. My only question is whether he has any interest in fighting any more. I'm starting to think he is done with MMA.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
I know the rumor is that Conor, like many other athletes that got rich quick, will blow all of his money eventually. I think this isn't accurate. Conor is many things and one of them is that he is intelligent. He also comes from a good family so I think he has plenty of voices to remind him of what is important.

I think he will stay wealthy. My only question is whether he has any interest in fighting any more. I'm starting to think he is done with MMA.
So intelligent he attacked a fat muslim outside a club because he can't seperate fantasy from reality.

So intelligent that he has an impending case against him for sodomy rape.

So intelligent that he was filmed multiple times coming in and out of coke sessions in Crumlin.

So intelligent that he has a kid to some slapper in liverpool that his entire team were throwing the length into.

So intelligent, that in his adult life he attached himself to the same scum bag coke heads and dealers that bullied him as a kid, after he became successful.

So intelligent he was thrown out of Ladycastle.

An absolute genius.

He is successful despite the fact he is a fucking idiot, just like his hero Floyd.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He definitely gets drunk/high and does stupid and regrettable things. But he was smart enough to reach the heights he reached in MMA and I think he is smart enough to keep his money.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
He definitely gets drunk/high and does stupid and regrettable things. But he was smart enough to reach the heights he reached in MMA and I think he is smart enough to keep his money.
He was smart enough to have a gimmick and invest in his fake it to make it approach. He is also smart enough to have been born Irish, and know how to play the plastic paddy angle.

He is also a skilled fighter, that obviously helps. Dana being a plastic paddy obviously helped him there as well.

He is far from an intelligent man, you need only listen to him speakto know that, although for someone not used to the Irish accent, I can understand how you don't pick that up.

He is literally a brand ambassador for proper 12, thats it.

He wanted to launch in 10 coiuntries and take over the market in a year, sure thats hype but its embarrassingly stupid.

He pays more intelligent people to stop him going bankrupt, at least he is smart enough to do that.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Cocaine and faggy suits arent cheap.throw in some serious legal fees ,pay off some irish gangsters and a few rape victims and he has spent a fair chunk of change.good thing he made 100 mil cuz he is going to need it

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He was smart enough to have a gimmick and invest in his fake it to make it approach. He is also smart enough to have been born Irish, and know how to play the plastic paddy angle.

He is also a skilled fighter, that obviously helps. Dana being a plastic paddy obviously helped him there as well.

He is far from an intelligent man, you need only listen to him speakto know that, although for someone not used to the Irish accent, I can understand how you don't pick that up.

He is literally a brand ambassador for proper 12, thats it.

He wanted to launch in 10 coiuntries and take over the market in a year, sure thats hype but its embarrassingly stupid.

He pays more intelligent people to stop him going bankrupt, at least he is smart enough to do that.
We can disagree. No need to keep writing phone books to make your point.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Cocaine and faggy suits arent cheap.throw in some serious legal fees ,pay off some irish gangsters and a few rape victims and he has spent a fair chunk of change.good thing he made 100 mil cuz he is going to need it
He's definitely living large, but if his whiskey is profitable and if his cars are lease vehicles as previously mentioned, then I think he will be able to keep a lot of his money. I know the Conor haters want to act like he is Floyd, but I don't think they are on the same level mentally. Conor's no dummy and knew exactly how to climb the UFC ladder and make the most money. No dummy could have accomplished what he did. The haters are just jealous because they have too much time to think while they are waiting for the timer on the next batch of fries to go off.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fair play to him, he made some money.

More than every other MMAist? Possibly. Every other fighter? Not even close.

Smoke and mirrors.
Sorry that I didn't qualify that better for you. "which eclipses every other MMA fighter". The smoke confused you? :p

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Multiple assault charges, rape cases, and slumming with the scum bags isn't living large in anybodys book.

Hes a dipshit who fell into money, the stars alligned nicely for him, the UFC backed him 100%.

He trained to fight and talked some shit, that only yanks and the stupidest cunts in this country bought, but thats enough when the platform is provided and the carpet is laid out for him.

What intelligence on display.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
He's definitely living large, but if his whiskey is profitable and if his cars are lease vehicles as previously mentioned, then I think he will be able to keep a lot of his money. I know the Conor haters want to act like he is Floyd, but I don't think they are on the same level mentally. Conor's no dummy and knew exactly how to climb the UFC ladder and make the most money. No dummy could have accomplished what he did. The haters are just jealous because they have too much time to think while they are waiting for the timer on the next batch of fries to go off.
what exactly makes you think conor is no dummy?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Multiple assault charges, rape cases, and slumming with the scum bags isn't living large in anybodys book.

Hes a dipshit who fell into money, the stars alligned nicely for him, the UFC backed him 100%.

He trained to fight and talked some shit, that only yanks and the stupidest cunts in this country bought, but thats enough when the platform is provided and the carpet is laid out for him.

What intelligence on display.
Has Conor done something to you personally in the past?

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Has Conor done something to you personally in the past?
Someone on the peripheral of my circle of friends yes, me no, apart from nearly capsising a boat full of kids I was in brining out of a harbor in my town.

My main reason for not wanting him to be glorified and used as a representative of my country is because he has been a scumbag since he made some money.

He paints the Irish and MMAists in this country with a negative stroke.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
what exactly makes you think conor is no dummy?
His mental quickness, his rise from welfare to one of the most popular sports figures in our modern period. That didn't happen by accident. He visualized and planned to go along with his training. Just watching how quick he was mentally showed me that he was pretty smart. He parlayed what he has done into a whiskey business and negotiated deals to advertise it with the UFC in the Octagon. He has done some stupid things but along the way he has made a lot of good moves also. He's a sharp cookie that has some bad habits that get him into trouble. Sometimes I think he believes too much of his own hype.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
His mental quickness, his rise from welfare to one of the most popular sports figures in our modern period. That didn't happen by accident. He visualized and planned to go along with his training. Just watching how quick he was mentally showed me that he was pretty smart. He parlayed what he has done into a whiskey business and negotiated deals to advertise it with the UFC in the Octagon. He has done some stupid things but along the way he has made a lot of good moves also. He's a sharp cookie that has some bad habits that get him into trouble. Sometimes I think he believes too much of his own hype.
i have no idea how much money the guy has or has made .i have just seen so many football and basketball stars make piles of money and end up broke in a few years.he was living like a rock star for a while there.the drug life isnt cheap. i hope for his own sake and for the sake of his family that he has sound people around him and is making wise long term financial decisions.even floyd has constant bankruptcy rumors

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
i have no idea how much money the guy has or has made .i have just seen so many football and basketball stars make piles of money and end up broke in a few years.he was living like a rock star for a while there.the drug life isnt cheap. i hope for his own sake and for the sake of his family that he has sound people around him and is making wise long term financial decisions.even floyd has constant bankruptcy rumors
Agreed. This is a story that will have to play out over a few years before we will know for sure.

The guy really put himself into a good position. He's probably looking at another 10 million to fight again if he plays the right cards. ESPN+ and Disney are looking for content and are driving more things to streaming service. Conor being such a huge draw is in the right place to capitalize on it.

So even if he did blow all of his money, there are some fat paychecks in front of him. I think he will be OK in the long run even if he does piss away a lot of money. I think he is much smarter than Floyd.