Conor reminds me of Chuck Liddel in some respects

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The comparison I see is how they win their fights. Both guys had one major goto move that they looked to deploy. Chuck had his huge overhand right and Conor has a huge overhand left. Both guys turn the fight in their favor with that one weapon.

Don't get me wrong. Both guys can fight anywhere. But it's that one big tool that they have they look to use. Conor can do a lot of things and do them well. But he turns his fights around by dropping that big left hand on guys chins. It's a massive tool to have that kind of power in that left hand. Both Siver and Poirier started to unravel when he started landing that thing.

Both guys can fight everywhere but their whole game was about looking to drop that 1 hitter quitter on you. Conor even said something like that in the post fight presser last night. He said when he started out he was just a boxer looking to land that big left hand. Well that is somewhat still his game but now he has more tools. But it's that one tool that he uses to his best advantage.

Just some random thoughts.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think conor has got better movement, and is more diverse in his stand up.

But i would like to see him against chad mendes see if his wrestling is up to par.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Good post Mad Dog. I agree they both have one particular strength that a lot of guys aren't blessed with, and they are both captivating. That's the biggest similarity that I see in them. They both just have that "it" factor that make people want to watch and listen. I guess when you KO people in devastating fashion almost every time you fight, people are going to be interested lol. Where Conor is different is his character...Chuck was never a huge shit talker. People wanted to see him because he was knocking motherfuckers out cold and he had a Mohawk. Conors went a different route, both they're both stars in their own right.

Jan 19, 2015
He's very effective in using his range and unorthodox movement/techniques. I never knocked him as a legit threat, although I want to see him fight a wrestling based fighter (Edgar or Mendes). I just think he acts like a tool. I always appreciated Chael for having WWE like antics, but this kid acts like he's Bi-Polar.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He's certainly entertaining that's for sure. Not sure I'm fully buying it though. He is talented, just a matter of how talented

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
He does have that 'it" factor. As you said, it's for different reasons than Chuck's "it". Both are must see TV. Maybe I'm crazy, but the way connor controlled the distance, changed speeds, and walked forward with his hands down talking shit, he put me in mind of a Diaz.