Conor SHOULD pay UFC 50% of his purse

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
If he were to fight mayweather.

Plain fact is that Conor is indeed a UFC creation. A product of UFC marketing.

his UFC run has largely been Tailor made for him..

He fought siver(who was conveniently bumped up into the top 10 before his fight with conor) before being matched up for the fw title

they matched him up against a 2 week Mendes when Edgar was in camp and willing to fight.

They matched him up against another short notice fighter in Diaz at ww when cowboy was in camp for a fight.

They pick him up, dust him off and give him a do-over against Diaz at an irrelevant division after he was choked out the first time around.

They give him a lw title fight after having fought two irrelevant Fights at ww. Having a total of 0 LW fights in the UFC prior to that title fight.

Conor is also still under UFC contract. Conor should definitely give the UFC their "step aside money" after all they have done for him.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
If he were to fight mayweather.

Plain fact is that Conor is indeed a UFC creation. A product of UFC marketing.

his UFC run has largely been Tailor made for him..

He fought siver(who was conveniently bumped up into the top 10 before his fight with conor) before being matched up for the fw title

they matched him up against a 2 week Mendes when Edgar was in camp and willing to fight.

They matched him up against another short notice fighter in Diaz at ww when cowboy was in camp for a fight.

They pick him up, dust him off and give him a do-over against Diaz at an irrelevant division after he was choked out the first time around.

They give him a lw title fight after having fought two irrelevant Fights at ww. Having a total of 0 LW fights in the UFC prior to that title fight.

Conor is also still under UFC contract. Conor should definitely give the UFC their "step aside money" after all they have done for him.
f*ck the powers that be. f*ck monopolies. and f*ck everything about this message

i like you. but f*ck this message :-*

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
by the way, i musve been holding the tea bag or something. when i read ur message, my hand rushed to thype "wtf" or something hahaha. and i ended up spuilling sugar'ed lemon green tea everywhere

i guess you can say... i was triggered, lol

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
I hate to sounds like a dick in my OP, but I'm being truthful.

Aside from all that I've stated, UFC contract states that they own EXCLUSIVE rights to their fighters. Conor is their fighter. Conor willingly signed that contract.

I hate to admit shit that I don't like, but I'm just being real.

Conor is going to have to pony up some dough if he wants the UFC to step aside.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016

Aside from all that I've stated, UFC contract states that they own EXCLUSIVE rights to their fighters. Conor is their fighter. Conor willingly signed that contract.

their monopoly power at the bargaining table is very one-sided. by law, maybe ur right. but i wont support it either way. bc i want changes to society and capitalims. so fuck this

UIFC doesnt need to honor contracts. they can rip it up. but the fights cant do the same and move on with their lives

billionaires doing their billionaire thing. income inequality continues to expland (fuck them), ok ill unwatch thtread so that i stop being a debbie down. ive been pregaming bc a couple friends are about to fight tonight

have a good one!

M

member 3289

Contracts mean dick when there's enough money on the table.

Remember when Nate was getting $20k/fight, RIGHT before he fought Conor? Well despite the fact that he was still under that same shitty contract, he got $500k for his first fight with Conor and $2 million for the second Conor fight.

Btw, the 50% figure was thrown out by Bob Arum, who does not represent any party in these negotiations (if they're even happening).

Conor said during his ppv interview that ideally, they'd be able to work something out in which all 3 parties get a cut.

The UFC is going to get something if Conor boxes Floyd, but it damn sure won't be 50%.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015

Remember when Nate was getting $20k/fight, RIGHT before he fought Conor? Well despite the fact that he was still under that same shitty contract, he got $500k for his first fight with Conor and $2 million for the second Conor fight.

Btw, the 50% figure was thrown out by Bob Arum, who does not represent any party in these negotiations (if they're even happening).

Conor said during his ppv interview that ideally, they'd be able to work something out in which all 3 parties get a cut.

The UFC is going to get something if Conor boxes Floyd, but it damn sure won't be 50%.
Depends on who is holding the contract and who is making the money my friend.

You cited Diaz, but a key favor you are leaving out is the fact that Diaz fought Conor IN THE UFC. Ufc held the contract, and they also stood to make a ton of money. That is why Diaz got his pay bump.

In this situation. Ufc stands to make no money off this fight, yet hold a contract with Conor's Hancock.

If Conor wants the UFC to step aside, he will have to feed the UFC. And the UFC is a big beast.

M

member 3289

Depends on who is holding the contract and who is making the money my friend.

You cited Diaz, but a key favor you are leaving out is the fact that Diaz fought Conor IN THE UFC. Ufc held the contract, and they also stood to make a ton of money. That is why Diaz got his pay bump.

In this situation. Ufc stands to make no money off this fight, yet hold a contract with Conor's Hancock.

If Conor wants the UFC to step aside, he will have to feed the UFC. And the UFC is a big beast.
No doubt he's going to have to give them something, and no doubt the negotiations will be tough. But if they really want it to happen, it'll happen and all 3 parties will get paid.

But then again Floyd vs Pacquiao took years, and neither of them was signed with a promotion.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016

more mature response than myself lol

but spot on. there's profit to be had by all, and it will come down to a renegotation

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
He is not fighting MMA, or in the UFC, so fuck all that. So if Bisping wants to play darts or go play soccer, the UFC can ask for money? No.

The only star the UFC creates is the UFC, they have failed to make names in the game exepct for the fighters who stepped up themselves. Let's not pretend somehow, Conor was a nobody without any talent, then the UFC got to him , and turned him into a big star. Great story, but no. It is not in the nature or interest to make stars bigger than the UFC itself. This is a much complained about issue. So fuck the UFC. Stay in your lane.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
He should either defend or relinquish his belts. Let people who actually fight, fight for them.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015

Contracts mean nothing to people, yet they constantly yell for a union

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
He is not fighting MMA, or in the UFC, so fuck all that. So if Bisping wants to play darts or go play soccer, the UFC can ask for money? No.

The only star the UFC creates is the UFC, they have failed to make names in the game exepct for the fighters who stepped up themselves. Let's not pretend somehow, Conor was a nobody without any talent, then the UFC got to him , and turned him into a big star. Great story, but no. It is not in the nature or interest to make stars bigger than the UFC itself. This is a much complained about issue. So fuck the UFC. Stay in your lane.
So if the contract conor signed specified combat sports would the ufc still be assholes? Pretty sure conor willingly signed the contract and since he is so business savvy he surely would have hired a attorney who would point that out to him.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
No doubt he's going to have to give them something, and no doubt the negotiations will be tough. But if they really want it to happen, it'll happen and all 3 parties will get paid.

But then again Floyd vs Pacquiao took years, and neither of them was signed with a promotion.
I'm glad we agree on this. I think what the UFC will ask for will be substantial.

admittedly, I used the 50% because arum through it around.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015

It happened rather quickly once Floyd decided it was time for the fight to happen. Whatever move the UFC makes will set a precedent, so that's a big consideration they have to take into account while negotiating with Conor.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
The Irish guy should be able to keep his money, but be flogged on ppv by Egghead with a bokken 50 times and receive no ppv points as the world laughs at his public flogging.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Ufc should give him an ultimatum. 50% free and clear or 20%...but he has to fight Edgar afterwards. He won't be able to sign the 50% offer fast enough. Baleedat.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
So if the contract conor signed specified combat sports would the ufc still be assholes? Pretty sure conor willingly signed the contract and since he is so business savvy he surely would have hired a attorney who would point that out to him.
No. Does the contract state that though?

If he needs to pay, then he needs to pay. And the reason is contract. Not because he owes it to the UFC. They got their share of the wealth from his performance, they always make sure they do.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Let's put a different spin on this.

Is Connor the "fighting" equivalent of a Jarryd Hayne or Sonny Bill Williams?
Gun for hire, picking their own path when opportunity arises, not toeing a traditional progression, swapping between codes?

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I actually agree.

The UFC cannot afford giving McG more special treatment, simple as really. It sets a precedent that they cannot change after that.
What's to stop people fighting in Rizin or boxing /kickboxing after? The UFC worked hard to enslave their fighters and can not allow this much freedom sadly. If the fight does happen, the UFC will be promoting it(mayweather can't promote shit by himself..his TMT is as capable as the "Maclife" or whatever Conor's is called) and they will be deciding who gets what. In order for him to be legally allowed to fight, he'd have to go with the amount..if you think about it this way 50% is generous from them, sadly. The alternative being they get 100% and then some in court..

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015

I don't like it either, but they built a lot around him, and despite being greedy pricks in general, yes they deserve a sizable cut here.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
The UFC should get a substantial cut of the pay for allowing this unusual event. They have never agreed to co promote or allow fighters to participate in other combat events in the past so it makes sense they take a big cut. Conor would not be Conor without the UFC push, but they have also benefited from him greatly. He has said he is partners with the UFC. 50-50 partnership seems fair for this fight.

StillReal

My name is Mark.
Mar 19, 2016
The UFC should be lucky to make 25%.

Did Dana White and co. knockout Jose Aldo in 13 seconds? Are they the ones who became the very first simultaneous dual weight UFC champion?

Conor is the one talking the talk and walking the walk.

Is it plausible this opportunity would have arisen without the UFC? Yes.

Is it plausible this opportunity would have arisen without Conor McGregor? Absolutely not.