Conor vs Aldo Official for Dec 12th in Vegas

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

UFC president Dana White said MGM Resorts officials "moved Heaven and Earth" to allow the company to put the featherweight title unification bout between champion Jose Aldo and interim champion Conor McGregor at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas on Dec. 12.

White said that the women's bantamweight title bout between Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate has not been scheduled but will not be on the Aldo-McGregor card."

Read more - Dana White: Aldo-McGregor set for Dec. 12 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas | Cagewriter - Yahoo Sports

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Excellent news!! I like that they are keeping Ronda vs Tate on a a different card too. What are some options out there for Co-main? Has Souza been lined up with anyone yet? I'd be happy with a contender fight in any weight class over 170 for this.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Excellent news!! I like that they are keeping Ronda vs Tate on a a different card too. What are some options out there for Co-main? Has Souza been lined up with anyone yet? I'd be happy with a contender fight in any weight class over 170 for this.
My card
Aldo vs Conner
Weidman vs Rockhold
JDS vs Reem
Pvz vs Waterson
Shogun vs rampage

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thinking about some fights they could include on the main card.

Dillashaw vs Cruz?
Overeem vs Dos Santos?
Souza vs Romero?
Khabib vs Diaz?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Wonder why they didn't add the rousey/tate
Probably want to split them up, so any crossover casual fans will purchase both. The Dec card might do 1.2 - 1.3 million with Ronda/Conor both on it...but separate cards may do close to 2 million combined. Pretty smart move on their part.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Probably want to split them up, so any crossover casual fans will purchase both. The Dec card might do 1.2 - 1.3 million with Ronda/Conor both on it...but separate cards may do close to 2 million combined. Pretty smart move on their part.
I'd be interested at the numbers of the so called cross over fans, I keep hearing them but I wonder if its that big of an impact

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Story for this or just not a fan?
Big fan but can't trust he will make the fight. Bought tickets for his last 2 scheduled fights 176 cancelled all together and 189. Maybe shouldn't say ever but definitely not if he's the main event.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'd be interested at the numbers of the so called cross over fans, I keep hearing them but I wonder if its that big of an impact
I agree they were gone for a few years after Brock & GSP retired, but I see them coming back into the fold now with Conor & Rousey. UFC 190 doing 900k buys gives us a glimpse of that. MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK said the waiting list at the bar he went to watch UFC190 was 47 tables waiting. Casuals are coming back to MMA. I just hope they cross over and support other orgs as well.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
I agree they were gone for a few years after Brock & GSP retired, but I see them coming back into the fold now with Conor & Rousey. UFC 190 doing 900k buys gives us a glimpse of that. MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK said the waiting list at the bar he went to watch UFC190 was 47 tables waiting. Casuals are coming back to MMA. I just hope they cross over and support other orgs as well.
It's gonna take Ronda, Conner, and the eventual winners of Rockhold vs weidman and bones vs DC 2. They need the proper push to rebuild the stars of years past. The UFC needs to use their hype to intoduce fans to the other lesser known great fighters. Cards like 191 will not help the momentum. Mighty Mouse should be the co main for one of those big fights. The bars will be back to the hardcore crowd and most of them will leave after aa vs Mir. Just think of what it could have done for MM to have been seen by 1 million people as the 190 co main.

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
MM is a lost cause as a draw guys. We need to accept that. That weight class needs a McGregor or someone.

Conor will win easily. Aldo has been talking about "god willing, I will stay the champ" and few fighters win when they start talking "if I lose/jesus take the wheel". Plus Conor is a much better striker at this stage in their careers. The only downside to this fight is another few months of having to read the arguments from people deeply entrenched on either side of the debate. I am a big McGregor fan and believer but I am well aware of how bad his worst fans are. But his worst haters are just as terrible to read. This place seems a little better at filtering the worst offenders out.

I feel like they should have put them on the same card so that McGregor could get the exposure from the Ronda fanbase which is more mainstream sports. That would have elevated him into more of a mainstream sports star himself.

Co-mains for this fight could include Joanna vs Claudia, Weidman vs Rockhold or TJ vs Cruz. Any of those would be dizope bruh.

This fight does 1.2 million buys.

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
It's gonna take Ronda, Conner, and the eventual winners of Rockhold vs weidman and bones vs DC 2. They need the proper push to rebuild the stars of years past. The UFC needs to use their hype to intoduce fans to the other lesser known great fighters. Cards like 191 will not help the momentum. Mighty Mouse should be the co main for one of those big fights. The bars will be back to the hardcore crowd and most of them will leave after aa vs Mir. Just think of what it could have done for MM to have been seen by 1 million people as the 190 co main.
I'd say they're already back or replaced. This year the UFC has done 5 million buys so far. They only did that much or more in two other years ever. 2009/2010. We're putting up numbers on par with the boom period and in excess of 2008 and 2011.

NassimTheDream

Jul 13, 2015
Will try to go . Hopefully my hook up can score me some good seats. And if CONNOR wins , that after party will be epic