IMG/GIF Conor won round 3, will win rematch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
McGregor managed to figure out how to beat Nate Diaz the second time. Very few people believed in him.

He's quite capable of beating Khabib in a rematch. This fight wasn't as one sided as I feel most people are saying it was.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Every time i come back here i remember why i don't come so much no more......
Where do you talk fights anymore then, because Sherdog, UG, R/MMA, Twitter, and Facebook are far worse than our little shit hole.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Lol yes!!! Embrace it!

I chose Diaz over conor. I also recognized that the showing was a little off for Conors usual repertoire.
I chose Conor over Diaz in the rematch.

I don't expect to see a big change in McGregor's ground game anytime soon. His takedown defense looked better but he's not going to win on the ground against his khabib anytime soon. Khabib has essentially perfect top game.

On the other hand, Conor getting popped with telegraphed looping overhand right circa 2005, reminds me of the same way I felt after watching Diaz beat him.

Conor could easily keep the fight standing with the very basics and and handle khabib on the feet. He failed to do that. He also failed the basics against Diaz until the next fight. I'm not sure if it's fight IQ, a lack of grit when the going gets tough, or just a dearth of the basics for handling the simple one-twos of khabib while being prepared to sprawl a takedown.

At the end of the day I only care about the dramatic butthurt after any huge and intense fight. So maybe it's a little too early to Talk technical details of the rematch. and I admit the OP is probably the worst person to Hitch my wagon to if I want to discuss critical thought on such a subject.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Lol yes!!! Embrace it!

I chose Diaz over conor. I also recognized that the showing was a little off for Conors usual repertoire.

I don't expect to see a big change in McGregor's ground game anytime soon. His takedown defense looked better but he's not going to win on the ground against his khabib anytime soon. Khabib has essentially perfect top game.

On the other hand, Conor getting popped with telegraphed looping overhand right circa 2005, reminds me of the same way I felt after watching Diaz beat him.

Conor could easily keep the fight standing with the very basics and and handle khabib on the feet. He failed to do that. He also failed the basics against Diaz until the next fight. I'm not sure if it's fight IQ, a lack of grit when the going gets tough, or just a dearth of the basics for handling the simple one-twos of khabib while being prepared to sprawl a takedown.

At the end of the day I only care about the dramatic butthurt after any huge and intense fight. So maybe it's a little too early to Talk technical details of the rematch. and I admit the OP is probably the worst person to Hitch my wagon to if I want to discuss critical thought on such a subject.
Mixed Martial Arts
conor simply got caught by a superior Mixer of the arts

Khabib landed quite a few shots that hurt McGregor IMO...wasn't just one shot

Great fight regardless

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
McGregor managed to figure out how to beat Nate Diaz the second time. Very few people believed in him.

He's quite capable of beating Khabib in a rematch. This fight wasn't as one sided as I feel most people are saying it was.
I agree. Conor went to the 4th round with Khabib and barely had any damage to his face. He was able to neutralize a lot of the attack on the ground. Khabib won 3 of 4 rounds and controlled the fight but he didn't get to totally bust up Conor the way he wanted to. That's why he probably was still angry after the fight.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I agree. Conor went to the 4th round with Khabib and barely had any damage to his face. He was able to neutralize a lot of the attack on the ground. Khabib won 3 of 4 rounds and controlled the fight but he didn't get to totally bust up Conor the way he wanted to. That's why he probably was still angry after the fight.
he beat him up pretty dang good
no facial rearranging but Conor took a lot of blows to the head standing and laying down

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Lol yes!!! Embrace it!

"Conor could easily keep the fight standing with the very basics and and handle khabib on the feet. He failed to do that. He also failed the basics against Diaz until the next fight. I'm not sure if it's fight IQ, a lack of grit when the going gets tough, or just a dearth of the basics for handling the simple one-twos of khabib while being prepared to sprawl a takedown."

To me Conor just didn't look as sharp in the striking exchanges. Maybe it was the long layoff that hurt him. I appreciate that he took on the toughest challenge as he did but I would have preferred he waited a little longer.

Depending how things work out for Khabib, I would really like to see the Ferguson/Khabib fight next. That would be a real treat.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
he beat him up pretty dang good
no facial rearranging but Conor took a lot of blows to the head standing and laying down
I guess I expected it to be much worse once Khabib got him down. I was pleasantly surprised that Conor survived pretty well in the first round after Khabib put him down.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Lol at "rematch". Conor doesn't deserve one....yet. I'm not against it down the road, but definitely not an immediate rematch - he got finished, no controversy in the actual fight.

I don't condone the actions that occurred after the fight ended, but that's the kind of stuff that can happen with the kind of shit talk Conor was laying down.

Conor was saying that this was never going to be over between him and Khabib, that they are at war, etc. Well, he got what he asked for - and that manifested into the bullshit of last night.

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind..... ( Hong Kong Phooey @Hong Kong Phooey)

I like Conor's fighting style and he is fun to watch, but his MMA persona annoys the shit out of me. However, in the past he handled his loss to Nate like a man and was humble in the post fight conference and I feel we got a genuine view into his true self (which is when I actually enjoy hearing what he has to say). I wish we had a chance to have the proper post-fight interviews last night. The raw emotion in those situations can be beautiful, and is one of the aspects I enjoy of this sport (sport being the key word here, last nights activities after the tap were thuggish).

Last edited:

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
This would be the 'denial' stage of grief.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Conor got mauled. In a rematch, he'll just get mauled again. You have to accept that.
Conor got controlled and beaten for 3 out of 4 rounds. No doubt about it. But looking at his face he wasn't busted up that badly. I really expected it would be much worse after spending so much time under Khabib. I honestly figured it would be over when Khabib got him down in the 1st and was pleasantly surprised that Conor neutralized a lot of the attack.

I don't think Conor was as sharp as usual. I think the long layoff took something off of him. Maybe he spent too much time partying and lost some of his timing/power. I do think another fight would be interesting eventually but Conor needs to work on getting back to where he was.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Conor got controlled and beaten for 3 out of 4 rounds. No doubt about it. But looking at his face he wasn't busted up that badly. I really expected it would be much worse after spending so much time under Khabib. I honestly figured it would be over when Khabib got him down in the 1st and was pleasantly surprised that Conor neutralized a lot of the attack.

I don't think Conor was as sharp as usual. I think the long layoff took something off of him. Maybe he spent too much time partying and lost some of his timing/power. I do think another fight would be interesting eventually but Conor needs to work on getting back to where he was.

View: https://youtu.be/SGUflZS7jG0

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Terrible position by Herb Dean. Conor 100% would have front rolled out of that. Fortunately for Herb, Conor had situational awareness and protected him by tapping out. I’m sure this will be overturned as the facts come out.