Lifestyle Cool pictures

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
I'm running low on random stories to share, so I'll just leave this here.

This is Audra Thomas. The day is April 23, 1989. Audra and her mother had the insanely righteous privilege of watching this tornado form, tear shit up for 20 minutes or so as it moved away, and eventually dissipate. On top of that, had the presence of mind to capture this incredible picture. Keep in mind, in 1989 not everyone was running around with a camera on their phone, you had to be prepared for this shit. What is it that the kids on the interwebz says? Oh yeah, LIKE A FUCKING BOSS!

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I'm running low on random stories to share, so I'll just leave this here.

This is Audra Thomas. The day is April 23, 1989. Audra and her mother had the insanely righteous privilege of watching this tornado form, tear shit up for 20 minutes or so as it moved away, and eventually dissipate. On top of that, had the presence of mind to capture this incredible picture. Keep in mind, in 1989 not everyone was running around with a camera on their phone, you had to be prepared for this shit. What is it that the kids on the interwebz says? Oh yeah, LIKE A FUCKING BOSS!

Nature is scary business yo and we as a species have barely seen what it can do.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015

Close second. I forget who it was who asked me 'who makes jokes about natural disasters?'. Well, I do. I have a bizarre fascination for when mother nature smacks us in the face. Earthquake, tornado, volcanic eruption, tsunami, whatever...sometimes you just need to know your role and shut your mouth. Not to mention, I am a fan of the chick in the short shorts and super tight shirt.

Also a fan of anyone who has the thought process of "Oh look, a tornado. Let's take a selfie." Brilliant thought process IMO.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Yeah. #1 on my bucketlist is see a tornado, and catch it on video.

I've talked with people who have. They say "Once you see one, you'll never want to see another". I think they're all wrong. If I die being impaled by a flying 2x4 in some crazy storm, at least you can truthfully say I died doing what I loved when I get eulogized,

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Tornado season is right around the corner...

I love the wicked weather of spring.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It is something I am still not used to. When there's a warning, I'll just take a nap on the couch and make it all go away.
When there is a warning I grab a beer and head onto the front porch. Haha.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
When there is a warning I grab a beer and head onto the front porch. Haha.
The first time there was a tornado warning I freaked out like a bitch. The last time there was a close one, in the fall I belive, I just got in my car and drove south lol. That was the first time there was an actual tornado really close to town. That and the cold here was really something to get used to. Back home the only thing of worry was maybe a hail storm, but no extreme weather like in OH. As for the snow, I am really enjoying this winter.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
As for the snow, I am really enjoying this winter.
It's been an incredibly mild winter so far for us. Hardly any snow.

And Ohio is pretty tame for tornadoes. We do get them - and they suck because you can't see them coming because of our hills and trees - but nothing like it is out in the plains. I want to go out to Nebraska or Oklahoma one year and chase them like an idiot.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
It is something I am still not used to. When there's a warning, I'll just take a nap on the couch and make it all go away.
A couple years ago I was sitting outside with a frosty beverage as the sirens were sounding. My girl tells me to come inside and I just laugh at her. She says 'You can watch the storm from inside'. I look at her like

And say 'the #1 rule, is stay away from f'n windows. If there's a tornado, then there's a tornado. I'll either be fine or dead'.

We didn't cuddle that night.