Cops fire 84 shots at robbery suspect, hit him once

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
©

A gun-toting Brooklyn bandit dodged more than 80 police bullets early Friday in a wild street shootout that began with a botched armed robbery and ended with his arrest, officials said.

Oft-apprehended Jerrol Harris, 27, was busted around 1:10 a.m. when a single bullet — out of 84 fired at him — pierced his calf to end a blocks-long police pursuit through Bushwick, cops said.

The running gun battle came to a head when Harris opened fire with a stolen .45-caliber pistol, discharging at least six shots at two cops using their parked patrol car to cut off his escape route.

“He fired at them, and they fired back,” said NYPD Deputy Commissioner Stephen Davis. “That’s when he was hit.”

A witness said Harris collapsed in the street once he was finally wounded, with a black handgun and a small pile of spent bullet shells alongside him.

The crippling gunshot came in the second of two firefights with cops while Harris was on the run after shooting a Brooklyn man during a robbery try, police said.

A half-dozen cops fired on the fleeing suspect, who squeezed off a half-dozen rounds in return from his black Taurus Millennium pistol. No police officers were wounded.

Harris was nabbed by cops in part because of his red pants, police said.

Harris’ criminal past includes a rap sheet dating to 2003, with arrests in Louisiana and New York. He is currently on probation on a robbery charge down south, said Jefferson Parish prosecutor David Wolff.

The bizarre late-night battle began when Leon Faison, 52, was loading his SUV in the darkness outside his Madison St. home before a family trip, police said.

The burly, 6-foot-5 Faison popped the rear hatch of the vehicle and found Harris trying to steal items already packed in the SUV. The Brooklyn man then shot Faison in the arm and bolted, cops said.

The bleeding big man gave chase, spotting a pair of cops along the way.

“I got shot,” said Faison, who provided the duo with a description that included the suspect’s bright pants.

Harris was spotted running about eight blocks from the robbery scene, and the suspect soon spied the cops, too.

“He then gets behind a parked car and he starts to shoot at the cops,” said Davis. “They shoot at him.”

Four officers at the scene fired 52 shots, while Harris pumped one bullet into an unmarked police car and took off again, Davis said.

But the suspect found his way blocked by the patrol car parked in the middle of Broadway, with two police officers waiting with the vehicle.

Officers Wanda Crooks and Alem-Tsehay Clarke both emptied their 16-shot weapons, with one of the two taking Harris down, police said. The suspect was listed in stable condition at Kings County Hospital.

The NYPD will investigate the shooting, but Davis suggested police acted properly despite all the shots fired.

“You have a running gun battle here. There are a lot of cops involved and it takes places in several different locations. It’s not as if everything was stationary,” Davis said.

The wounded suspect had four robbery arrests from 2003 to 2006, along with busts for gun possession in 2011 and drug possession a year later, cops said.

His Louisiana rap sheet included a drug conviction and the robbery arrest that landed him on parole.

For his latest run in with the law, Harris was charged with four counts of attempted murder of a police officer and the attempted murder and assault of the man on Madison St. He was also charged with menacing the officers, reckless endangerment, criminal use of a firearm and possession of a weapon.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I always laugh at the cops at the gun range. There's always one there with a chick trying to show off, it's laughable.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I always laugh at the cops at the gun range. There's always one there with a chick trying to show off, it's laughable.
What would be considered impressive? I might go get some bullets tomorrow and take up shooting. I need a benchmark to work towards

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It's funny I find the same thing with a lot of retired military. They're so busy looking cool in their new wave tactical gear they don't bother learning how to hit anything farther than 15 yards away from them.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's funny I find the same thing with a lot of retired military. They're so busy looking cool in their new wave tactical gear they don't bother learning how to hit anything farther than 15 yards away from them.
I love just shooting my old k frame 38 special. Nothing fancy but gets the job done and pretty damn accurate.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I love just shooting my old k frame 38 special. Nothing fancy but gets the job done and pretty damn accurate.
I remember an old friend of mine once telling me, "If you're ever going to murder someone. Use a wheel gun. That way there aren't any shell casings at the scene" lol

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I remember an old friend of mine once telling me, "If you're ever going to murder someone. Use a wheel gun. That way there aren't any shell casings at the scene" lol
Fairly good idea, plus very reliable. My father actually just bought my mother one as well, she loves shooting that thing.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
People can shoot bulls eyes in paper targets all day. If you don't shoot under stressful conditions who knows wtf you will do when it's for real and then you still don't know. I saw a video a few yrs back of a SUV that tried to run over an officer from the LAPD. If I recall correctly they fired somewhere in the neighborhood of 120 shots at this vehicle hitting the driver once in the forearm. They also hit two officers in the cross fire.

You can train all you want but you have to train under the right conditions. Yes shooting paper targets helps because good shooting in allot of muscle memory but you also have to shoot under stressful conditions. I had one guy I worked with who used to bring a weighted jump rope when we shot to get his heart rate up. Guy would go for a couple minutes and then shoot dead on.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This story is riddled with embarrassment. We have 86 missed shots at a suspect who wore "red pants" to pull a heist, lol!

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
there was a story a while back where they shot 50 times and hit once ,nypd too.

I remember the thread. Not sure if it was here, or there but I pretty much said the same thing in that one. Anybody ever see the video of a Marine with no combat experience, who had just basic infantryman training rob that 7/11 in Ceres Ca? It was about 2005, I guess he was on leave. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton when it happened. He was a Camp Pendleton Marine so it was in the base news paper. 6 months later I moved to Ceres so that prob why I still remember. I dont remember exactly what happened, I know 1 police officer was killed and another wounded. This kid robbed a 7/11. The police showed up as he left and this dude pulled an AK out from under his pancho and had his way with them. Cutting pie and using basic, basic day 1 tactics he was able to pin down 4 cops, injure and kill another. The video clearly shows that the police had no idea what they were doing. NY cops getting off, 50 or 84 rounds? that shot is a disgrace. Fucking shit, for reals. Police really need to know what the fuck they are doing. If they dont, 1 guy with an AK tears them up, or they fire 50-84 shots before they hit someone. Either way its sad.

Last edited:

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I remember the thread. Not sure if it was here, or there but I pretty much said the same thing in that one. Anybody ever see the video of a Marine with no combat experience, who had just basic infantryman training rob that 7/11 in Ceres Ca? It was about 2005, I guess he was on leave. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton when it happened. He was a Camp Pendleton Marine so it was in the base news paper. 6 months later I moved to Ceres so that prob why I still remember. I dont remember exactly what happened, I know 1 police officer was killed and another wounded. This kid robbed a 7/11. The police showed up as he left and this dude pulled an AK out from under his pancho and had his way with them. Cutting pie and using basic, basic day 1 tactics he was able to pin down 4 cops, injure and kill another. The video clearly shows that the police had no idea what they were doing. NY cops getting off, 50 or 84 rounds? that shot is a disgrace. Fucking shit, for reals. Police really need to know what the fuck they are doing. If they dont, 1 guy with an AK tears them up, or they fire 50-84 shots before they hit someone. Either way its sad.
this was also in an episode of Gangland,I think the gun was a modified chinese SKS with an extended mag.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I need some gun training still. I've still not purchased any ammo so I may as well have a potato instead of a pistol. I've gotta get to at least level 6 before I'm comfortable with ammo

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
I need some gun training still. I've still not purchased any ammo so I may as well have a potato instead of a pistol. I've gotta get to at least level 6 before I'm comfortable with ammo

You must be a cop.