General Cops stop dangerous man in disability scooter chair from entering Lowe's using bullets

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Hasta la vista, baby

“If you want me to put down the knife, you’re going to have to shoot me.”

Also from the article...

According to the Arizona Department of Corrections, Richards has a long criminal history.

In 1981, he was found guilty of burglary and sentenced to seven years in prison. In 1986, he was convicted of armed robbery and was sentenced to 15 years.

In 2007, he was convicted of attempted first-degree murder, aggravated assault and resisting arrest. He was released in January 2018.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
“If you want me to put down the knife, you’re going to have to shoot me.”

Also from the article...

According to the Arizona Department of Corrections, Richards has a long criminal history.

In 1981, he was found guilty of burglary and sentenced to seven years in prison. In 1986, he was convicted of armed robbery and was sentenced to 15 years.

In 2007, he was convicted of attempted first-degree murder, aggravated assault and resisting arrest. He was released in January 2018.
All that for a Terminator quote.
The guy got terminated, right?

I'm keeping an eye on this thread. I'll be back

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
but seriously, he's going in to lowes.
Can't you just grab a dowel rod or metal pole and stick it in his spokes?

PIT him with one of the Lowes electric shopping carts?

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015

Was he disabled for any of that?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
defund the police
I don't see how that would solve this problem. I like the idea of triaging please response isn't getting cops to stop doing non-cop things. But I think after you do that, which is really more about using proper resources for proper situations, I think there's the issue of variability and training. Training. Quite frankly it's a scenario where national standards and funding probably need to apply. There would be a lot of pushback because every police department likes to think they're the best and don't want to admit their weaknesses. But I think if you look across the nation and see where there's huge variations and shootings despite the same crime, there's a real need for some kind of standardization and I can't think that'll happen at the local and state level

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I don't see how that would solve this problem. I like the idea of triaging please response isn't getting cops to stop doing non-cop things. But I think after you do that, which is really more about using proper resources for proper situations, I think there's the issue of variability and training. Training. Quite frankly it's a scenario where national standards and funding probably need to apply. There would be a lot of pushback because every police department likes to think they're the best and don't want to admit their weaknesses. But I think if you look across the nation and see where there's huge variations and shootings despite the same crime, there's a real need for some kind of standardization and I can't think that'll happen at the local and state level
im just saying that the person who is called to the scene of a shoplifter in a wheelchair shouldnt have a gun. if he didnt have a gun, killing someone wouldnt have been an option

taser? baton? fine

a lot of cops in other countries arent armed. but america is fucken psychotic

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i think basic federal reforms on Qualified Immunity, Civil Asset Forfeiture, and the discontinuance of 1033 Allocations would cover about 90% of the issues.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
im just saying that the person who is called to the scene of a shoplifter in a wheelchair shouldnt have a gun. if he didnt have a gun, killing someone wouldnt have been an option

taser? baton? fine

one thing I've noticed travelling the world is that the US is one of the few places that uses unmarked cars to issue traffic citations.

literally the only time I saw a cop behind someone in Israel was helping them change a tire.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
i think basic federal reforms on Qualified Immunity, Civil Asset Forfeiture, and the discontinuance of 1033 Allocations would cover about 90% of the issues.
I'm not really educated on those topics and kind of the general ramifications for those changes. I don't even know what 1033 allocations are. Mind giving me a quick reason why those items are the priority?

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015

taser? baton? fine

They should have a gun. Just because the report that came in states the guy had a knife doesn't mean he doesn't have a gun.

I'm not saying they should've used a gun in this case, but they should have one.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
They should have a gun. Just because the report that came in states the guy had a knife doesn't mean he doesn't have a gun.

I'm not saying they should've used a gun in this case, but they should have one.
he also could have a bomb. but i dont think cops need to approach with a bomber drone

many cops in other countries arent armed. granted, their civilians arent armed either

im gonna peace out of this thread. but as always...

fuck america

medicare4all lol