Cormier on Jon Jones: Fans like to root for the guy that does 'coke' and 'crashes cars'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Despite Daniel Cormier's world-class talent and nice-guy persona, the UFC light heavyweight champion hasn't connected with the MMA fan base at large.

In fact, during last year's UFC Unstoppable press conference with former light heavyweight champ Jon Jones, 'DC' was silenced with a chorus of boos while Jones, who is one of the most controversial fighters in the sport, was cheered by the Las Vegas crowd.

'Bones’, who is currently serving a one-year suspension for a failed drug test, has had multiple run-ins with the law — the 29-year-old recently completed his probation for a hit-and-run incident in 2015 — but is still favored over Cormier.

Cormier thinks he knows why: Because fans can relate to a fighter's…

DC on Jones: Fans like to root for guys who do 'coke' and crash cars

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
DC ate that rumble kick to the nose like a freaking boss

went up a few notches that moment in my book

Props to a beast

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I actually dont root for Jones, but in this case I will cause DC is the Urkel of bad guys, the Richard Simmons of Villains...

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
no, Daniel. It is your mouth and how full of yourself that turned me toward no one.

Still hoping for a double-K.O. by power slam. (wonder if that's part of any betting prop)

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Daniel all you do is speak in weird absolutes, hyperboles and get caught being a hypocrite and a jerk about stuff you say.

That does not equal people liking Jones better, you just come off very annoying and arrogant. You also don't admit your style can be boring and make promises of fireworks and such, of which you are not alone mind you.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Bones’, who is currently serving a one-year suspension for a failed drug test, has had multiple run-ins with the law — the 29-year-old recently completed his probation for a hit-and-run incident in 2015 — but is still favored over Cormier.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Daniel all you do is speak in weird absolutes, hyperboles and get caught being a hypocrite and a jerk about stuff you say.

That does not equal people liking Jones better, you just come off very annoying and arrogant. You also don't admit your style can be boring and make promises of fireworks and such, of which you are not alone mind you.
Is Daniel a member??? That's exciting.

Daniel, if you can read this, huge fan. I think you're an all-time great. Can't believe I never found out you were on TMMAC.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016

Is Daniel a member??? That's exciting.

Daniel, if you can read this, huge fan. I think you're an all-time great. Can't believe I never found out you were on TMMAC.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
DC ate that rumble kick to the nose like a freaking boss

went up a few notches that moment in my book

Props to a beast
He is a beast. Possibly Top 5 GOAT when it's all said and done. And if he beats Jones and retires as LHW champ...

M

member 603

Daniel you beat a man for a belt that wasn't either of yours (come on son, you got beat by Jones, so you won a consolation prize)... You got a gift decision over Gus (for the record, I feel Gus beat both Jones AND DC).... You then beat a guy who had 48 hours to prepare for the fight (and were too scared to actually stand and strike with him, so you lay and prayed to victory... AND TALKED SHIT ABOUT HOW EASY IT WAS!!!)..... Then you beat the first guy you won your fake ass championship belt off of, who out of his own admittance, was ready to retire and wasn't mentally in that fight.....

People don't root for Jones because he does coke and wrecks cars..... They root for him because he's not a joke like you..... Jon Jones publicly has called you a pussy, and I have to agree with him.

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
Daniel you beat a man for a belt that wasn't either of yours (come on son, you got beat by Jones, so you won a consolation prize)... You got a gift decision over Gus (for the record, I feel Gus beat both Jones AND DC).... You then beat a guy who had 48 hours to prepare for the fight (and were too scared to actually stand and strike with him, so you lay and prayed to victory... AND TALKED SHIT ABOUT HOW EASY IT WAS!!!)..... Then you beat the first guy you won your fake ass championship belt off of, who out of his own admittance, was ready to retire and wasn't mentally in that fight.....

People don't root for Jones because he does coke and wrecks cars..... They root for him because he's not a joke like you..... Jon Jones publicly has called you a pussy, and I have to agree with him.
You really think that Daniel Cormier is a pussy? Come on now.

M

member 3289

You got a gift decision over Gus (for the record, I feel Gus beat both Jones AND DC)....
You need to watch the DC-Gus fight again, then. DC clearly won that fight. I had it 4-1, as giving Gus anything more than the 3rd is a gift.

The Jones-Gus fight can be argued either way for all eternity because that fight was as close as close gets, but the DC-Gus fight was not that close.

M

member 3289

Cormier isn't liked because of his personality and attitude.

It has nothing to do with Jon Jones.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I just lean to DC because of him being an Olympian and overall a good figure for the fight community.

Respectful and professional.
I used to hate on him but he's a good guy imo.......i appreciate that he and jones hate each other so the fight is more meaningful to me

M

member 603

You really think that Daniel Cormier is a pussy? Come on now.
I just don't like him.... He's playing the heel role because no one likes him, but doesn't see that he's a paper champ..... Look I respect anyone who puts the grind in and gets in the cage, but he's ACTING like a dick..... Wait I just had an epiphany.... This is his Conor act, and he's not good at it.... I don't like Conor, but I respect his talent, DC comes off looking like a little bitch..... So I rescind my declaration of agreement with Jon Jones, I now personally feel he's acting like a dick, and agree with Jones when he calls him a bitch

M

member 603

You need to watch the DC-Gus fight again, then. DC clearly won that fight. I had it 4-1, as giving Gus anything more than the 3rd is a gift.

The Jones-Gus fight can be argued either way for all eternity because that fight was as close as close gets, but the DC-Gus fight was not that close.
I will go back and watch it, but I remember thinking that it was pretty clear cut 3-2 Gus.... But again, it's been a minute, I'm flying over to Ukraine today, I'll watch the fight today sometime