Cormier relinquishes LHW title ahead of UFC 232

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

Daniel Cormier told ESPN on Friday that he has decided to give up the 205-pound title rather than have it stripped from him once Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson fight for the belt at UFC 232 on Saturday night.

"Today I am going to relinquish the UFC light heavyweight title," Cormier wrote in an exclusive statement to ESPN. "I am not going to be stripped of the belt that I've defended with my all for three and a half years. Being stripped of a title suggests you've done something wrong, and I haven't.

"I'd rather walk away this way, with my head held high as it always has been, than have the history books say I was stripped. I've defended this title this year. I was approached with the idea of fighting at heavyweight, so I took it. I fought three times in 2018. No champion has been more active than me. I am the fighter of the year. My story and my legacy will not include me being stripped of a title. They can have it."

Cormier to relinquish title: 'They can have it'

Double champ is now single champ. :(

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
Well, unfortunately I think history is going to view this as relinquishing the title to get away from Jon Jones. Why is he doing this? I don't believe that he is actually afraid of the possibility of fighting Jones a third time.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
What a fucking shit show it will be if Jon wins the belt while testing positive for peds in his last 2 fights and not having a win since 2016 after being striped for another 2 banned substances.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Well, unfortunately I think history is going to view this as relinquishing the title to get away from Jon Jones. Why is he doing this? I don't believe that he is actually afraid of the possibility of fighting Jones a third time.
He doesn’t want it stripped because he did fuck all to get told he’s stripped

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He doesn’t want it stripped because he did fuck all to get told he’s stripped
yep it is a way of losing it on his own terms because he feels it is Bullshit to let Jones have a crack at it

Nov 21, 2015

Daniel Cormier told ESPN on Friday that he has decided to give up the 205-pound title rather than have it stripped from him once Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson fight for the belt at UFC 232 on Saturday night.

"Today I am going to relinquish the UFC light heavyweight title," Cormier wrote in an exclusive statement to ESPN. "I am not going to be stripped of the belt that I've defended with my all for three and a half years. Being stripped of a title suggests you've done something wrong, and I haven't.

"I'd rather walk away this way, with my head held high as it always has been, than have the history books say I was stripped. I've defended this title this year. I was approached with the idea of fighting at heavyweight, so I took it. I fought three times in 2018. No champion has been more active than me. I am the fighter of the year. My story and my legacy will not include me being stripped of a title. They can have it."

Cormier to relinquish title: 'They can have it'

Double champ is now single champ. :(
No more Champ, Champ, Huge. Huge, Balls, Balls?

Noooooooo!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KePUnY37Y1c

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I'm in the minority on this but I would love to see Gus win based on a weird, freak injury or bad ref stoppage and then him test positive for ostarine from a tainted supplement just so that i could laugh at how all of the shit show imploded upon itself and they wouldn't even have a champ anymore.

Nov 21, 2015
I'm in the minority on this but I would love to see Gus win based on a weird, freak injury or bad ref stoppage and then him test positive for ostarine from a tainted supplement just so that i could laugh at how all of the shit show imploded upon itself and they wouldn't even have a champ anymore.
It would not be a new ingestion on Gus's part though. Clearly "cross pulsing"
from having Jones tainted sweat drip pico gram residue into Gus's pores.

Novitzsky can spin that and slam dunk it home without even having to look up from
sucking Dana's cock

Come on use a little common sense

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
He was never the real champ anyway. To be the man you have to beat the man and he was never close to beating Jones.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Okay sure, still doesn’t explained why you called out Shogun while ducking Gus.