Cormier says UFC 241 title fight vs. Miocic is likely his last

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier was ready to retire last March, when he hit 40 years of age. Those plans, however, were postponed, when he sustained a back injury during UFC 230 title fight against Derrick Lewis in November 2018, which kept him in the sidelines for an extended period.

“DC” was also looking at a fight against Brock Lesnar, which also fell through eventually. He is now slated for a rematch against Stipe Miocic for UFC 241, a fight he anticipates to be his last.

“I always said that I was gonna fight [until I was 40] which would have been March,” told TMZ Sports. “I couldn’t make that one, so if I hold true to what I was saying, then this…

Daniel Cormier: ‘I don’t anticipate fighting much past’ UFC 241

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Makes sense...just one more fight against a guy he already knocked out in one round, then retire. There's also the financial incentive that doesn't really exist anymore post the UFC signing with ESPN, which is allegedly a big part of why his fight with Lesnar fell through.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I could really care less if he fights stipe again. Lesbar would’ve been a great way to go out because of the money he would’ve made but with the new PPV system I doubt he makes as much as the first miocic fight.

It would’ve been great to see if Cormier could’ve beat Jon at heavyweight and the PPV likely would have been one of the biggest the UFC has ever seen.

Unfortunately, even loaded to the gills with picograms, Jones refuses to fight a dude he’s beaten twice at 205, because he perceives Daniels natural weight class to be to big of an advantage for him to overcome.

Danus is busy promoting Tom Cruise vs Justin Beiber instead of getting Jones to fight Cormier.

I fucking hate what mma has become..

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

Big bald boxercise shitting on boxing.

In boxing there are multiple promotions involved all trying to get the most money possible. The promotions can’t get their collective shit together to make fights because they can’t agree on the money involved.

In the UFC they have every fighter contracted and own their likeness for the life of the company. There is only one party involved and yet they can’t make fights.

Don’t throw shit when you built your house with it danus.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
He’s one of the best ever and anyone that disrespects that is a fukn moron.

He is not the best ever but at least he has integrity like GSP and Emelianenko. Not some bullshit scandles and shit talking his way to the top like so many so-called stars.

If you can’t respect him then don’t watch MMA. You might as well watch Desperate Housewives reruns.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Stipe could win and force trilogy

Decent chance of that

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
He’s one of the best ever and anyone that disrespects that is a fukn moron.

He is not the best ever but at least he has integrity like GSP and Emelianenko. Not some bullshit scandles and shit talking his way to the top like so many so-called stars.

If you can’t respect him then don’t watch MMA. You might as well watch Desperate Housewives reruns.
Two things can be true at once. Everything you said about Cormier is true and he is indeed one of the GOATs. You put anyone in the history of MMA in the cage with him, and unless their name is Jon Jones, he probably beats them. And even with Jones, there is still the question of whether Jones could beat him at HW (I think Jones still would).

That doesn't change the fact that taking this fight is a fucking retarded decision. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Cormier heard that BJ Penn was making the step up to HW and decided to quit instead of being crushed by the real GOAT.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
So they let Brock take Daniels thunder winning the belt for nothing. What a joke...

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
He has had a great career. I really like DC. I think this fight is a bad idea though. It's not going to be a money grab. There's a real chance he loses this fight. Good news for the betting population, I'm taking Stipe. DC won't want to go out on a loss and would likely run it back for a big payday trilogy fight, which he would likely lose. He's getting older. No way his body is going to keep holding up with the camp he's in. Having lost two fights to a Juice monster at 205 won't hurt his legacy. Going out with 2 losses at HW would. He should stick to his original plan and call it done.