Cormier undecided on Jones trilogy bout: ‘I don’t need that fight’

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by Wild, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Wild

Wild TMMAC's Most Handsome Admin
    Admin

Ratings:
    +110,276
    [​IMG]

Despite never toppling pound-for-pound phenom Jon Jones, reigning UFC heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier thinks he has done more than enough to cement his legacy as one of, if not the, greatest fighters of all time.

After coming up short against Jones in two separate title bouts at light heavyweight, there’s more demand than ever to see both men duke it out for the heavyweight title in what would undoubtedly be one of the biggest fights in UFC history.

But, the way Cormier sees it, he has nothing left to prove against his longtime rival and is not too enthusiastic about the matchup.

“When it comes to Jones, I know now with all…

Daniel Cormier undecided on Jon Jones trilogy bout: ‘I don’t need that fight’

2. Wild

Admin

Ratings:
    +110,276
    DC playing that leverage game. He knows Dana wants/needs this fight bad. Hold out and get that money big fella.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +12,420
    he's good enough.
    he's smart enough.
    and gosh darn it, people like him.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tiiimmmaaayyy

Tiiimmmaaayyy First 100 ish

Ratings:
    +7,781
    Stop talking about Juicy J and get through this rough fight. After that tell them to back up the brinks truck or give them the finger. How many times do we have to see fighters talking about the next fight and lose the current one?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Andrewsimar Palhardass

Andrewsimar Palhardass My balls was hot

Ratings:
    +7,145
    It sounds like DC was asked a question. He wasn't just sitting on a street corner mumbling to himself when a reporter walked by.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Tiiimmmaaayyy

Tiiimmmaaayyy First 100 ish

Ratings:
    +7,781
    Perhaps. But it seems like every other article is him saying something about Jones. Hopefully it isn’t effecting his focus inn Stipe, but seems like it would.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. blas4ublasphemy

Ratings:
    +78
    I get the feeling he's trying to convince himself of this more than anyone else.

8. Ricky Bobby

Ricky Bobby I apparently look like a Jewish accountant

Ratings:
    +48,076
    D.C. wins this at hw, he’s much more comfortable and confident full of Popeye’s

I have a lot of respect for him at that weight

In our weekly conference call before the stype fight, @Leigh@Leigh san was ripping into me about my personal life as usual and then he finally stopped berating me and flipped things and asked me who I thought wins the D.C. stype fight and we both agreed D.C. as he has destroyed fighters with relative ease at that weight

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. lordofthepies

lordofthepies Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +7,338
    Maybe. Might just be legitimately trying to duck it so that Jones can't take his HW belt too. It's hard to tell.

10. Dick Niaz

Dick Niaz Pitter Patter Let’s Get At ‘Er

Ratings:
    +5,206
    I think the outcome of this Stipe rematch will determine his future. If he loses, then I can't see him coming back to fight anyone. If he wins, he is in an interesting position to fight Jones with his ultimate legacy on the line.

11. Wild

Admin

Ratings:
    +110,276
    Agree with this. If he loses, I think he's done. If he wins, he fights Jones next.

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted