Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
still plummeting? I've been eying it
Yeah. Down another 5% today.

They are selling off 178 million shares, which is 2x what is currently out there.

Raising cash to survive, but effectively causing a devaluation of share price.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah. Down another 5% today.

They are selling off 178 million shares, which is 2x what is currently out there.

Raising cash to survive, but effectively causing a devaluation of share price.
Think they see $1.95 or less?

T

The Big Guy

A good stock for all of you to look at is IPOC.

It's just under 10 and should pay minimum 40% in the coming months. I'm looking for 60% to 80% and then I'll cash out but it should go higher.

IPOB and SPCE have made me good money and I'm a fan of anything chamath palihapitiyas is involved in.

Once the deal with clover health is finalized IPOC will be in the same boat as IPOB with open door climbing almost 100% in a few months. Long term is probably a better position but I'm in it for the short play at the time

SBE is still killing it over 40$ and they haven't even finalized their deal with charge point. spacs and ipos have been great for me and I haven't lost money on any yet
Sold off ipob on friday at around 28ish. Bought at 16. With ipobs merger closed IPOC went up over 20% and should finalize that Jan 8th.

After selling ipob on friday I bought pic/xl fleet and it's up almost 4$ per share today from 15 to 19

Buy some IPOC now and sell it around 16 in less than a month

PIC and GHIV are also going to easy quick profits. You can buy ipod ipoe and ipof right now under 13$ each. Those will be the next ones chamath will push into market once a suitable company has been found. I've made lots on chamath in the last few months

Get in before they all rise up with IPOC like they did with ipob

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Apple has been pretty stagnant since the split. Starting to see some life.

Might be the last chance to buy it under $130.

I spit on infinite vertical growth of Tesla.
Apple? I'm all for it.

20201222_093950.jpg

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Somehow they'll fuck it up though. If you don't own an iPhone they won't sell one to you or something goofy.
They will probably make their bluetooth stereo inaccessible for Android phones.

Pigeonholing people is their favorite strategy.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I doubled up on ONCY from NOV to DEC.
Bought at $2, Sold at $4

It dropped down to $2.30 and looks to be settling. Might try it again.

I know nothing about them. Biotech stock. Breast cancer. My buddy put me on them. He's right half the time. :)

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
PENN might hit $100 today.
At $97.62

That stock is a rocket.
It was $3.75 in March.

T

The Big Guy

Fighting the urge to average down on AMC.
I've done well with amc for months when they were in the 3-7 range. It was easy to catch the highs and lows but I'm not sure it's worth the risk now

Ipoc is up 9% and ghiv 9% today

But mid january they will both be over 16$. Im getting fast money and on a hot ass streak right now

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Boeing and Apple both among the most active pre-market stocks this morning, both in the green around 1% on very large volume.

I-phone 12 was the biggest tech buy of 2020.

Boeing 737 MAX returns to the skies today.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
We are at record highs for all US indexes.

It's starting to feel like that commercial where the monkeys were in the office celebrating sales with a growth chart that they didn't know was being displayed upside down.

Or the Bluths in Arrested Development going on a sending spree after their stock rating went from "SELL" to "DON'T BUY".

We are top heavy for sure. Steady growth largely unsubstantiated by sales/profit. And there are a lot of investors who made BANK during the Spring dip who are just waiting for the right time to take profits.

A correction is coming. But when?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

It's starting to feel like that commercial where the monkeys were in the office celebrating sales with a growth chart that they didn't know was being displayed upside down.

Or the Bluths in Arrested Development going on a sending spree after their stock rating went from "SELL" to "DON'T BUY".

We are top heavy for sure. Steady growth largely unsubstantiated by sales/profit. And there are a lot of investors who made BANK during the Spring dip who are just waiting for the right time to take profits.

After Tesla makes me a billionaire in about 20 years

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
After Tesla makes me a billionaire in about 20 years
$629 billion market cap with 368k cars sold in 2019. That's $1.7 million in cap per car sold.

Ford has a cap of $35.8 billion. They sold 5.4 million cars in 2019. That's $6,630 cap per car sold.

GM cap to cars sold: $20k

Ever watch Sesame Street? One of these things is not like the other.

Tesla is bloated. They are the dot.com stock from 2000. They have value...but $629b? Nah.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
$629 billion market cap with 368k cars sold in 2019. That's $1.7 million in cap per car sold.

Ford has a cap of $35.8 billion. They sold 5.4 million cars in 2019. That's $6,630 cap per car sold.

GM cap to cars sold: $20k

Ever watch Sesame Street? One of these things is not like the other.

Tesla is bloated. They are the dot.com stock from 2000. They have value...but $629b? Nah.
They're definitely bloated but you're also comparing them to standard car manufacturers which they are not.

They're an R&D company that sells some, shitty, cars.

That's where all of the value is based.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
They're definitely bloated but you're also comparing them to standard car manufacturers which they are not.

They're an R&D company that sells some, shitty, cars.

That's where all of the value is based.
I get that. It's not apples to apples.

But I think their current value is way too high and based purely on speculation.

Just because they are electric cars doesn't mean they will make loads more money than current combustion models. Sales volume and profitability will likely be about what the other manufacturers see now.

I know they are more than just a car company, but for them to be worth what some are projecting as a TRILLION dollar company, they have to be a LOT more than just a car company.

There's a reason they are the most shorted stock on the market.

T

The Big Guy

Seems like a minor correction today. I've been pulling around 10% profits nearly everyday for a few weeks. Today its -6%