Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
UA looks so juicy sitting there at $7.25, as does DWAC at $19.45, PBI at $2.35 and SMBI at $10.78

But it just feels like there's another 10-12% down to go on the DOW.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
UA looks so juicy sitting there at $7.25, as does DWAC at $19.45, PBI at $2.35 and SMBI at $10.78

But it just feels like there's another 10-12% down to go on the DOW.
UA has never been this low.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Future up slightly Hauler @Hauler ahead of tomorrows Fed announcement. Might we see a pop?
Everything feels very pessimistic. Probably stay flat to maybe a little short-term bump if the Fed goes 75. If they go a full point we probably drop further - probably head below $30k.

It doesn't feel like we are poised for a run up, that's for sure. What ya think?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Everything feels very pessimistic. Probably stay flat to maybe a little short-term bump if the Fed goes 75. If they go a full point we probably drop further - probably head below $30k.

It doesn't feel like we are poised for a run up, that's for sure. What ya think?
With inflation at 8%, the supply chain broken, a labor force who dont want to work, companies earnings down, FXG and Amazon both announcing major cutbacks….I don’t see how the market isn’t already below 25k. So wtf do I know lol.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Britain's pound getting crushed. Lowest ever.

I'm not fully informed on UK's economy, but apparently they announced huge tax cuts and cancelled a planned hike in corporate taxes, and the news sent the pound way, way down.

Sounds like it bottomed and is starting to rally a bit.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Once in my lifetime, I made a proper decision regarding the stock market, by moving my 401k assets into a short term bond fund. Think my balance is up something like 1.3% since the corrupt shit stain took office, which is like being up 70% in this economic environment. I’ll probably move it back into equities when the market approaches 25-26k.

After 2001 and 2009, I wasn’t about to watch my retirement take a 40-50% haircut again. I hear people say “I still have 12-15 yrs for it to recover before I retire”. I get that, but how many years does it delay your plans when you lose half your money, ya know?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Once in my lifetime, I made a proper decision regarding the stock market, by moving my 401k assets into a short term bond fund. Think my balance is up something like 1.3% since the corrupt shit stain took office, which is like being up 70% in this economic environment. I’ll probably move it back into equities when the market approaches 25-26k.

After 2001 and 2009, I wasn’t about to watch my retirement take a 40-50% haircut again. I hear people say “I still have 12-15 yrs for it to recover before I retire”. I get that, but how many years does it delay your plans when you lose half your money, ya know?
I moved some of it - but not all.
Should have trusted my gut.

If you don't take the hit down but manage to catch the eventual recovery, that's basically winning twice. You made a good call.

I have 2 separate 401ks.
The current one I have with my job I didn't touch. I just checked - down 22.85% YTD

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I moved some of it - but not all.
Should have trusted my gut.

If you don't take the hit down but manage to catch the eventual recovery, that's basically winning twice. You made a good call.

I have 2 separate 401ks.
The current one I have with my job I didn't touch. I just checked - down 22.85% YTD

Yeah I have one with my former employer, which has been the one I’ve rolled over multiple times as I’ve changed jobs. That has 99.5% of my retirement money in it, and what I moved to bonds. I also have one with my new/current employer, but it’s only 6 months old and has virtually nothing (like $8k) in it. My allocations for that one is equities. I didn’t care much about allocating those contributions to bonds because it’s so small. And I’ve held off on rolling the old one into my current one, until this shit show shows some sign of bottom and stability. I’ll let the old one sit there in bonds for now. When we approach 25-26k, or there appears to be a bottom, I’ll roll it into the new one and it will be back in mid/high risk equity funds.