General Corona Virus Real Updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Not even, and the other so called after-effects are a load of bullshit. No sense of smell, erectile dysfunction, heart damage.....All fairy tale nonsense designed to make you very afraid and to comply with the New Normal.
You think when people claim to have lost sense of smell and taste that they're lying?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The definition of "long haulers" as it pertains to covid is the all time goal post mover but generally, yes it's a psychosomatic response. (I'm not wading into the "fear" component, that's stupid)
is the myocardial and other microvascular damage pre-existing, or due to another cause?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
is the myocardial and other microvascular damage pre-existing, or due to another cause?
From what I understand they'd be related to having covid. Not quite sure what point you think you're making here though.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
From what I understand they'd be related to having covid. Not quite sure what point you think you're making here though.
if there's a mechanism for permanent damage, why is "long-haul COVID" mostly psychosomatic?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
if there's a mechanism for permanent damage, why is "long-haul COVID" mostly psychosomatic?
There's those goal posts I was talking about. Virtually all illness has a mechanism for permanent damage. We don't call someone who doesn't regain motor function after a stroke a "long hauler", do we?

The long hauler stories we typically hear are people who had minor cases and are then plagued by unverifiable symptoms for a time after.

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
There's those goal posts I was talking about. Virtually all illness has a mechanism for permanent damage. We don't call someone who doesn't regain motor function after a stroke a "long hauler", do we?

The long hauler stories we typically hear are people who had minor cases and are then plagued by unverifiable symptoms for a time after.
good points, but we also don't say that the stroke victim 'was going to lose motor skills anyway'.
it's an outcome of the condition, and should be given consideration commiserate with our confidence in the available data.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
good points, but we also don't say that the stroke victim 'was going to lose motor skills anyway'.
it's an outcome of the condition, and should be given consideration commiserate with our confidence in the available data.
I agree. People who get covid should be treated as people who have or have had covid. What we shouldn't do though is make up a second tier of the illness as it suits the fear mongering media. Particularly when there's no set definition or data to suggest that its anything beyond more media fear mongering.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I agree. People who get covid should be treated as people who have or have had covid. What we shouldn't do though is make up a second tier of the illness as it suits the fear mongering media. Particularly when there's no set definition or data to suggest that its anything beyond more media fear mongering.
so how do you articulate the long-term impacts of COVID, beyond the immediate risk of death?

or are you of the opinion that it's so statistically small as to not warrant consideration?

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
You think when people claim to have lost sense of smell and taste that they're lying?

People can lose sense of smell and taste from any decent cold. Plus auto-suggestion by the media helps many people to think they are experiencing those symptoms when in fact they aren't.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
People can lose sense of smell and taste from any decent cold. Plus auto-suggestion by the media helps many people to think they are experiencing those symptoms when in fact they aren't.
Uhhh, you're being very, very creative.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Uhhh, you're being very, very creative.

Obviously you've never had a bad cold before.

What causes anosmia?

Anosmia is frequently caused by a swelling or blockage in the nose that prevents odors from getting to the top of the nose. Anosmia is sometimes caused by a problem with the system that sends signals from the nose to the brain.

Below are the main causes of anosmia:

Irritation to the mucus membranes lining the nose
This can result from:

A cold is the most common cause of partial and temporary loss of smell. In these cases, the anosmia will go away on its own.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Obviously you've never had a bad cold before.

What causes anosmia?

Anosmia is frequently caused by a swelling or blockage in the nose that prevents odors from getting to the top of the nose. Anosmia is sometimes caused by a problem with the system that sends signals from the nose to the brain.

Below are the main causes of anosmia:

Irritation to the mucus membranes lining the nose
This can result from:

A cold is the most common cause of partial and temporary loss of smell. In these cases, the anosmia will go away on its own.

The anosmia associated with covid works in a different manor than the ones you're talking about:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
are you saying that death is the only outcome of COVID that should be considered?
I've not said anything close to that. As with most illnesses, no, the only outcome isn't death. Please stop putting words in my mouth.

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I've not said anything close to that. As with most illnesses, no, the only outcome isn't death. Please stop putting words in my mouth.
i'm just trying to understand why you're running around in circles...what's the point?

It's a real thing but don't talk about it like it's a real thing? Give it a name.