General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
good luck
mouth breather breath melts masks
and then it releases the hot soupy covid even worse than if they weren't wearing it

Short of N95s or better it is a false sense of security
View: https://twitter.com/jcho710/status/1279835943537541121
Someone please send this article to this man. I don't have twitter. Ok, thanks!

It's about hepa filters but at the bottom says that masks work in the same way.

Rambo John J

Saper Aude
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Someone please send this article to this man. I don't have twitter. Ok, thanks!

It's about hepa filters but at the bottom says that masks work in the same way.
he actually spoke about that if you watched the video
he said particles get trapped by the "magnetized or electified field of the mask/filter" of an N95

Other masks don't have that characteristic though do they? That is why the more expensive HVAC air filters work so much better, the cheap ones are a joke for cleaning air in my experience.

I don't have twitter either so I can't help with that.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Yes
I am fully aware of that

Thank you for today's mask class
Tell me where to send my tuition

View attachment 9989
THere is no charge. I just love other humans.

And I want to slow corona's roll so I can go to a bar!!!

Jk. The lockdown hasn't changed my family much. We do outdoor things all summer. But I am sad about the locally owned businesses shutting down.

The ones that are opening are afraid because dumb asses want to come in without masks.

And the other half are afraid because they have to wear a mask. I truly do not understand this.

But if we have to move on with life, let's at least do what we can to help others feel some sense of safety. Even if it isn't perfect. Let's don't perpetuate the fear!

Rambo John J

Saper Aude
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
THere is no charge. I just love other humans.

And I want to slow corona's roll so I can go to a bar!!!

Jk. The lockdown hasn't changed my family much. We do outdoor things all summer. But I am sad about the locally owned businesses shutting down.

The ones that are opening are afraid because dumb asses want to come in without masks.

And the other half are afraid because they have to wear a mask. I truly do not understand this.

But if we have to move on with life, let's at least do what we can to help others feel some sense of safety. Even if it isn't perfect. Let's don't perpetuate the fear!
Great post.
I am on the same page 100%.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
he actually spoke about that if you watched the video
he said particles get trapped by the "magnetized or electified field of the mask/filter" of an N95

Other masks don't have that characteristic though do they? That is why the more expensive HVAC air filters work so much better, the cheap ones are a joke for cleaning air in my experience.

I don't have twitter either so I can't help with that.
That's not what the article I posted said. The cheap filters were effective also.

Rambo John J

Saper Aude
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's not what the article I posted said. The cheap filters were effective also.
I read that. I still think the charged filters are far superior. Not saying the cheap ones aren't catching anything but...

I said in my experience, the air comes out less clean from cheap ones. I actually put high quality filter on my vents and it caught what the low quality ones weren't catching...I did some testing of filters when we had super shitty air here due to forest fires...Could see pretty quickly how the charged and expensive filters did a far superior job.

ConorMcGregorsBeard

Stewart Era Liberal
Jul 22, 2015
Oh Jesus, OK, both of your immune systems have to be fucking amazing. Reliable, dependable, and over built, just like Toyota trucks.
Mrs Beard got sick frequently for about a year and a half, but she's good to go now. I've always had a pretty healthy immune system, probably because I'm disgusting and bite my nails but who knows.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Mrs Beard got sick frequently for about a year and a half, but she's good to go now. I've always had a pretty healthy immune system, probably because I'm disgusting and bite my nails but who knows.
What type of man would you be if you didn't work with your hands and bite your nails?

Rambo John J

Saper Aude
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
We're moving to stage 3 on Friday. I expect to be back at stage 1 in 3 weeks.
Our governor just said masks required outside now if u can't social distance.
No gatherings of more than 10 peeps.
Protests and Churches don't have to comply.

4 million people total
230 deaths(95% over 75 with pre existing) since march.

ConorMcGregorsBeard

Stewart Era Liberal
Jul 22, 2015
Our governor just said masks required outside now if u can't social distance.
No gatherings of more than 10 peeps.
Protests and Churches don't have to comply.

4 million people total
230 deaths(95% over 75 with pre existing) since march.
We don't have the population of Cali, but we seem to be exactly 3 weeks behind them with pretty much everything. Started mandatory indoor masks last week and numbers are trending up. Opening up more stuff on Friday isn't going to end well.

Rambo John J

Saper Aude
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
We don't have the population of Cali, but we seem to be exactly 3 weeks behind them with pretty much everything. Started mandatory indoor masks last week and numbers are trending up. Opening up more stuff on Friday isn't going to end well.
3 weeks behind them in deaths or hospitalizations?
or 3 weeks behind on restrictions and mandates?
Or both?

So Cal just got the lock down again.

The west coast Democratic states are absolutely uniting Lock Step on policies on this west coast. Almost identical rhetoric and mandates.
Does parts of Canada have less mandates?

Outdoor masks in 95 degrees is a bitch though, that is fo sure. Thought the 77degree sun rays killed it in seconds. Very glad I work solo and outside. I only slip a face condom on for "essential" shopping...aka liquor store and dispensary...and groceries

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Masks..... And Cocaine, everyone.

Namaste
I mean, as we learn more about something we can change course. Are you mocking him because you think people should never change their opinions on things when data reflects differently. Or are you yet again trying to mock a black man in a high ranking position?

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
I mean, as we learn more about something we can change course. Are you mocking him because you think people should never change their opinions on things when data reflects differently. Or are you yet again trying to mock a black man in a high ranking position?
Whatever you think is your truth.

Namaste

ConorMcGregorsBeard

Stewart Era Liberal
Jul 22, 2015
3 weeks behind them in deaths or hospitalizations?
or 3 weeks behind on restrictions and mandates?
Or both?
Restrictions and mandates. Our population is half theirs and spread out over a much larger area. I started using them as a general predictor a while ago and it's been pretty accurate so far, although I really hope I'm wrong.