General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Has there been any update on Filthy @Filthy 's mom?
Thanks for asking.

sorry for the lack of updates. She's doing good. Coughing like bronchitis, but has her energy back. She got a call from the IA Health Dept telling her (I shit you not) "it's been 10 days since you had a positive test, you're OK to go back to your life. Go places. Do things. You've got antibodies for at least 3 months."

WTF?! I was pissed. that's not how this disease works, and Janet the Ratchet Nurse and her friends are giving THOUSANDS of Iowans that message every day. Mom was stoked because she said she could get on a plane and come see my and my brother for Xmas.
Nope. Not me. See you in March when the RV is rolling to the Midwest again. She's not 'out of the woods', but it looks like she can beat this round. I'm pragmatically optimistic.

I'm still pretty worried about my step-dad (mom's been remarried 25 yrs, he's Other-Dad). He's 76 and it's hit him harder. Mom put the O2 sensor on him when he was sleeping and it came back 92%, so she made him get up and walk around, then checked it again and it was normal. I talk to them every day or two, I'm hoping for everybody feeling better by Friday.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
"But like that's like a really small trial group and stuff."

- People who deny covid and people who don't want it to end
statistics have a value called the p-value (power value) that indicates whether a statistical sample is adequate to achieve a given level of confidence in the analysis as applied to a larger population. For math twats it's not emotional, for other twats all emotional.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Mask Study large randomized clinical trial published

Science and Data and all that good stuff

Last edited:

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
how do you mean?
like the ant-mask response is part of the script?
or that "make masks mandatory" is part of the script?
Anti Vaxx vs Pro Vaxx is/was not an organic discussion...those flames were and are being stoked by the machine

Same with Masks

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Anti Vaxx vs Pro Vaxx is/was not an organic discussion...those flames were and are being stoked by the machine

Same with Masks
i guess I've been misreading you on masks...are saying people should wear masks and shouldn't have to be told...and if they don't that's their business?

or are you solidly 'masks are only a tool of The Script'

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
i guess I've been misreading you on masks...are saying people should wear masks and shouldn't have to be told...and if they don't that's their business?

or are you solidly 'masks are only a tool of The Plot'
I am all about freedom of choice...without that ole USA is gone to shit IMO

If a person doesn't wanna wear a mask that is their choice

If a business wants to require a mask that is their choice...If they want to lock down that is their choice

If a business doesn't want to require a mask that is their choice...If they want to operate during said pandemic that is their choice

Let the Patrons decide where they want to do business or not do business...let them determine how much risk they are willing to take and act accordingly

Federal or State Govt mandating these things is what I am not a fan of

Divide and Conquer is the script...painfully obvious...we have left vs right, mask vs no mask, vaxx vs no vaxx, lockdown supporters vs anti lockdown, pineapple on pizza vs no pineapple on pizza, etc...

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I am all about freedom of choice...without that ole USA is gone to shit IMO

If a person doesn't wanna wear a mask that is their choice

If a business wants to require a mask that is their choice...If they want to lock down that is their choice

If a business doesn't want to require a mask that is their choice...If they want to operate during said pandemic that is their choice

Let the Patrons decide where they want to do business or not do business...let them determine how much risk they are willing to take and act accordingly

Federal or State Govt mandating these things is what I am not a fan of

Divide and Conquer is the script...painfully obvious...we have left vs right, mask vs no mask, vaxx vs no vaxx, pineapple on pizza vs no pineapple on pizza, etc...
100% agree, although I think the anti-mask/anti-vaxx position is manufactured to prey on ignorant and fearful people.

the Anti-Freedom is a legit objective of the wealthy and powerful, and Divide/Conquer is the tactic. But I don't like using the word "Freedom" because freedom is something that has agreed-bounds...freedom is the liberty you're allowed within the law.

I like Liberty. Universal Freedom, bound only by where it conflicts with the Liberty of another member of society.