General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Summer could make shit worse if everybody has to stay inside with the heat.

Or even worse, contract it (as inevitably most people will) and get a fever while it's really hot outside and you don't have AC.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
fear caused a lot of people to quit or be fired around here.

I think some people just need a reason(valid or not) to leave work one way or another.

not a comment on the virus but a comment on peoples nature that aren't enjoying their job.
You usually have to be completely delusional to actually 'enjoy' your job. There's not many enjoyable jobs out there. 99.9% of jobs exist on a scale of barely tolerable to soul crushingly awful. Imagine working in a fucking nursing home of all places?

Fun fact: The only people 'married to their job' are people who hate their families even more than their jobs.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
You usually have to be completely delusional to actually 'enjoy' your job. There's not many enjoyable jobs out there. 99.9% of jobs exist on a scale of barely tolerable to soul crushingly awful. Imagine working in a fucking nursing home of all places?

Fun fact: The only people 'married to their job' are people who hate their families even more than their jobs.
Very true but I believe they all could have figured something out in their life where they could have worked in the field of their dreams.

it comes down to choices they make. If they executed their childhood dreams from a young age they certainly would have made it in the field, they wanted to work in, (artist, musician, doctor, athletes, fisherman, etc...) because if they loved it so much, they’d have spent much time in it and if you invest that much time into something, you tend to be an expert at it, which you’d be more than capable to play for a living.

i believe the deviation usually happens due to evolution of society. Especially the media where it praises things like the rich, fame, power and such instead of just plain ol’ happiness.

some just make wrong choices from the getco, like pops out a kid, get into drugs, hang out with the wrong crowd and get themselves in to a deep hole and can’t get themself out, just becomes part of this crazy momentum of the world.

some are just shit outta luck, where they’re born into bad environment or those war-torn countries... but For most people, especially who lives in a free society has a choice.

“if there’s a will, there’s always a way”

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Here we go again....
My favorite bit of retard logic is around 3.30 of this Tucker Carlson clip.

Tucker says that 'something is skewing those numbers' talking about pneumonia and flu deaths currently being well down, positing that there is a mass conspiracy by doctors to attribute unrelated deaths to coranavirus.

Gee, Tucker, I wonder what could possibly be causing less flu deaths right now? I've been noticing some weird shit too. The streets are empty for some reason. It's almost like everyone is staying home or something. I wonder if that's somehow related? Must be part of the same conspiracy the doctors are doing with the fake numbers.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015

Tucker says that 'something is skewing those numbers' talking about pneumonia and flu deaths currently being well down, positing that there is a mass conspiracy by doctors to attribute unrelated deaths to coranavirus.

Gee, Tucker, I wonder what could possibly be causing less flu deaths right now? I've been noticing some weird shit too. The streets are empty for some reason. It's almost like everyone is staying home or something. I wonder if that's somehow related? Must be part of the same conspiracy the doctors are doing with the fake numbers.
Skewing numbers... yeah people that are salty about sitting at home "cuz mah freedoms". If we have somehow been able to flatten the curve by staying at home, masks, distancing, etc. it will be more people like that saying: see? it isn't that bad, they are trying to take "mah freedoms".

To those people I say, go drink your tonic water, your warm lemon juice, stay away from vaccines, let the inner Darwin out.

At this point we simply can't know enough to claim such things. That is due to our lackluster response and the failings of WHO and CDC that were supposed to give us guidelines if any pandemic event would occur. Instead there's been nothing but fumbling.

What if, people that would normally be more susceptible to getting the flu, are now getting the Rona? People still expect simple answers, but imo, there are none.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

This explains a lot of your political views

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

Hong Kong eradicated the flu this year.

Zero cases.