General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Rambo John J @Inside Job

I would feel relatively safe in a surgical mask and face shield in ordinary circumstances. Does your wife work directly with known positives?
no, they just temp check and ask the symptom questions...then patient wears a mask until they get in the chair to get mouth worked on

this state for the most part only tests if you have symptoms in the hospital and in total we have had less than 4K positive tests(some without symptoms) of over 4 million...So we have only had 1/1000th of our pop test positive and 99% of our very few deaths were people who had limited time left due to pre existing conditions

So finding a positive case here is very rare

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
no, they just temp check and ask the symptom questions...then patient wears a mask until they get in the chair to get mouth worked on

this state for the most part only tests if you have symptoms in the hospital and in total we have had less than 4K positive tests(some without symptoms) of over 4 million...So we have only had 1/1000th of our pop test positive and 99% of our very few deaths were people who had limited time left due to pre existing conditions

So finding a positive case here is very rare
Any in your city/area?

Bless her. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Any in your city/area?

Bless her. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Very few in this area/county...single digits at most

She is fine, just wants to help people...she has three jobs all in medical and health
She is very excited to return to work/normal, back to full time in two of her jobs this week.

I work alone and just run heavy equipment and power tools all day, so the only person I contact daily is her.

Thank you for your kind words, you are also in my thoughts and prayers
Stay positive in spirit my friend, stay strong

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I didn't hit send or complete the booking but I went through the process of booking in for a restaurant in Napa an hour and a half away which I won't go to because too far. It was nice using the app to do it. I am gagging to go out for a glass of wine and someone cooking for us.

Oct 24, 2015
Well we got a death at my work now. Dude was in his early 50s. Cool cat. Would see me smoking when I stayed overtime on bshift and would say nothing. People are coming back to work sick as the company won't pay them. Funny because I thought we payed into the insurance for that. Couple of people I know caught it twice. Taking the day off. These fat fucks can go a day without a hamburger.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Well we got a death at my work now. Dude was in his early 50s. Cool cat. Would see me smoking when I stayed overtime on bshift and would say nothing. People are coming back to work sick as the company won't pay them. Funny because I thought we payed into the insurance for that. Couple of people I know caught it twice. Taking the day off. These fat fucks can go a day without a hamburger.
Lol but sorry as well. Heartfelt sorry.
I used to work for a Chinese company here which was pretty much a village, they just started building another giganting offic in the village...can't imagine that's going well now :(

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
So someone posted both of these together? (I refuse to believe a surgeon posted that wearing masks causes hypercapnia.)

These are basically saying that a specialized (N95) mask can't stop the corona from passing through but can stop CO2. CO2 is a gas. It would take thousands of them to make the size of a covid virus particle.
People will try to find dirt on the evil masks, an attempt, to somehow demonize them, for whatever reason I can't think of.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
San Diego County has opened up bars and restaurants with guidelines.
Im returning to work full time on the 27th For the school district.
figured if the states gonna bring me back to work Im gonna get out a bit.
just bought a new camping tent and im meeting my friends at a local lake next weekend for an adults only camping trip.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Congratulations on your impending one hundred thousandth official coronavirus death (likely actual deaths being about 150,000), America. You must be very proud.

USA! USA! USA!

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Is it true that out in B.C. some businesses are charging a Covid fee.
i havent seen it. most businesses were open through out the covid bullshit and even the ones who were closed are now open. just drove past the mall and it is packed . the pub patios have been full. i havent heard of any fees or charges