General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
What do you think the controlled spread you're advocating for accomplishes?
It doesn't achieve herd immunity. It's rolling lockdowns until a vaccine. It's limiting the spread of the virus so as many people don't get it as possible, without locking everyone in their homes until there is a vaccine. Herd immunity is 60% of the population getting infected. That's absolutely not a goal.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

muddy waters my friends

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It gets muddy because we don't know the viral load of the asymptotic subjects in your study.
the study has 8 people in it lol
didn't you question my link to a study of 4-5 people two days ago?

FYI It isn't "my study" it is just a study

Last edited:

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
7,564 deaths per day in the US , stats based on pre corona. Now add corona deaths of 4,517 per day (as of May 11).

Can we really afford to keep that up?
source?

and the answer is yes
The show must go on

Last edited:

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
and your study has 8 people in it lol
didn't you question my link to a study of 4-5 people two days ago?
Maybe.

It was only 8 people but it allowed it to be very detailed: precise on times of contact and with who, they recorded symptoms and time of onset, and had labs (such as the viral load of each patient including viral loads of the asymptotic and the critically ill) and radiology to report. I'd think that type of information just makes it more useful.

Rather than, 455 people tested negative after coming into contact with someone who was asymptotic and tested positive for covid. But we don't know how much, if any, viral load at the time of contact.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Maybe.

It was only 8 people but it allowed it to be very detailed: precise on times of contact and with who, they recorded symptoms and time of onset, and had labs (such as the viral load of each patient including viral loads of the asymptotic and the critically ill) and radiology to report. I'd think that type of information just makes it more useful.

Rather than, 455 people tested negative after coming into contact with someone who was asymptotic and tested positive for covid. But we don't know if he had any viral load at the time of contact.
Is viral load measured throughout "your study"? Or just a single time per person.
Lotta variables aren't clear. Interesting Study.

The 455 person study seems do defy the information that the media has been informing the population, and goes against the study you posted in some ways...unless we think they all got it from being in extremely close space with each other in quarantine or normal living quarters/

Battle of the studies...3 2 1 Battle!

No seriously it is interesting all the different studies/"science"/spin that is being put out right now...We don't know what is exactly credible or not and the sheer volume of varying opinions by "experts" is impressive also.

Hence me using the phrase Muddy Waters

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Yes

What is our other option?
The large number of patients infected with the virus who show few or no symptoms—estimated to be as high as 80% — complicates fighting the disease, forcing health care workers worldwide to shift their focus from containing the disease to mitigation, a recent report noted.

Helping providers in this effort, the National Institutes of Health has added a section to its website to provide training to those at risk of exposure to the virus on techniques, policies and procedures to help reduce the risk.
This.
fight for your lockdown lifted if you want.
Help by providing good information for those at risk to help protect them.

I had a cook out this weekend (only 10 people, I swear) and when the subject came up I just listened. Everybody had heard or believed something different.
Any position, someone could come up with something to back their belief.

It was crazy. Lol

Last edited:

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Is viral load measured throughout "your study"? Or just a single time per person.
Lotta variables aren't clear. Interesting Study.

The 455 person study seems do defy the information that the media has been informing the population, and goes against the study you posted in some ways...unless we think they all got it from being in extremely close space with each other in quarantine or normal living quarters/

Battle of the studies...3 2 1 Battle!

No seriously it is interesting all the different studies/"science"/spin that is being put out right now...We don't know what is exactly credible or not and the sheer volume of varying opinions by "experts" is impressive also.

Hence me using the phrase Muddy Waters
Are you referring to my study? It tells you where and how and on what date they came into contact with the first known subject.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This.
fight for your lockdown lifted if you want.
Help by providing good information for those at risk to help protect them.

I had a cook out this weekend (only 10 people, I swear) and when the subject came up I just listened. Everybody had heard or believed something different.
Any position, someone could come up with something to back their belief.

It was crazy. Lol
I don't have a lockdown I only work and go to the woods for fun...and the occasional concert...Bummed that Slightly Stoopid W/Don Carlos got cancelled, that hurts

Glad you had a gathering, sounds lovely.

Yep, I am getting all sorts of opinions and positions from everybody I talk to...and literally half are doctors, I work for a bunch of them...very interesting

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015