General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
It should always be pointed out that there are only degrees of entrenched criminality and brutality among global police forces. American cops are the worst in the developed world but they do have some legit competition.

'Our police would never act like American police' is a line you often hear.

Our police murder drug dealing rivals and informants all the time. In my state, the very top brass was using taxpayer dollars to bribe a lawyer to snitch on her own clients. They can hold their own in any corruption competition. The only difference is we stopped letting them just execute people openly in the early 90s.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
It should always be pointed out that there are only degrees of entrenched criminality and brutality among global police forces. American cops are the worst in the developed world but they do have some legit competition.

'Our police would never act like American police' is a line you often hear.

Our police murder drug dealing rivals and informants all the time. In my state, the very top brass was using taxpayer dollars to bribe a lawyer to snitch on her own clients. They can hold their own in any corruption competition. The only difference is we stopped letting them just execute people openly in the early 90s.
And how did you stop them?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
We would appreciate it. Thanks.
I just talked to him. He just told me that it was mainly due to a series of procedural reforms and a corruption taskforce, but wouldn't go into specifics.

His vagueness and the fact that he appears to now just be a homeless guy living in front of my local bottle shop made me suspicious that he even ever was the Police Minister, but then he asked me to buy him a bottle of Jack Daniels in exchange for a blowjob and yelled racial abuse at a passerby, so I knew he was legit.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
looks like a lot of med-science publications are cashing in their reputation.

When I read the study and saw that the cohort sizes were exactly equal, I knew it was bullshit.
how the fuck did this make it past editorial review? or more accurately, what the fuck did it cost to get this published?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
"A new study by the non-profit Angus Reid Institute found that 60% of Canadians would “definitely not” take even a day trip to the U.S. While 24% of Canadians said they would “probably not” take the trip.

The study shows that 42% of Canadians would rather see the Canada-U.S. border open up in September. While 26% prefer to wait until the end of 2020."

Hey jason73 @jason73 I think I figured out how the NDP wrestled power away from democracy out your way. This news source seems to think 42% is "most". "If we add the number we mean to another one we don't we can make these stats work out the way we want them too."

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
The study shows that 42% of Canadians would rather see the Canada-U.S. border open up in September. While 26% prefer to wait until the end of 2020.

26% + 42% = 68% of Canadians who want the border kept closed until a minimum of the end of summer.

If someone wants to keep the economy closed until the end of 2020, they would be included in the ones who don’t want it opened before September as opposed to those who want it opened sooner.

I didn’t realize this was such a hard concept to grasp.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
The study shows that 42% of Canadians would rather see the Canada-U.S. border open up in September. While 26% prefer to wait until the end of 2020.

26% + 42% = 68% of Canadians who want the border kept closed until a minimum of the end of summer.

If someone wants to keep the economy closed until the end of 2020, they would be included in the ones who don’t want it opened before September as opposed to those who want it opened sooner.

I didn’t realize this was such a hard concept to grasp.
Before I entertain more of your stupidity, have you ever been involved in polling?