General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Army has set specific colors of face coverings I can wear while in garrison now. The disposable surgical masks we're just too easy and clean.

Now I have to come up with tan, black, ocp, airforce blue, white...

Yay reusable "face coverings" instead of surgical masks...to make sure my mask is a nidus of infection.
I have a pattern from my mom that my sister and her nurse friends use. It's basically a wrap for the disposable surgicals.

i can get you the pattern or sew you up a couple, let me know.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Army has set specific colors of face coverings I can wear while in garrison now. The disposable surgical masks we're just too easy and clean.

Now I have to come up with tan, black, ocp, airforce blue, white...

Yay reusable "face coverings" instead of surgical masks...to make sure my mask is a nidus of infection.
Aren't neck gators and gas masks standard issue?

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Did they make me cut up my coyote brown t shirts into sloppy makeshift face coverings because my disposable surgical masks weren't uniform enough?
Yes. And we'd also advice you to use t-shirt on the outside, pillow case on the inside. Welcome to the common people, we who proudly wear yesterdays garments as life saving attire, with hidden smiles.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Welp, sadly it looks like Splinty @Splinty has been arrested for misuse of covid funds.

please use the right headline

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Looks like my counties positivity rate has dropped back down to 12% from 23% the week prior.
The decrease in numbers has - in a highly convenient coincidence - occured just as they stopped sending the results directly to the CDC and have now started sending them directly to the White House.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The decrease in numbers has - in a highly convenient coincidence - occured just as they stopped sending the results directly to the CDC and have now started sending them directly to the White House.
These are county numbers tracked by the county. These numbers have nothing to do with the white house.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

I like the idea that Trump is personally counting them.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
These are county numbers tracked by the county. These numbers have nothing to do with the white house.
Yeah, I didn't think that post through. I am reading that there are concerns that hospitals now have to bypass the CDC and send results directly to a White House system. This has coincided directly with the recent drop in national level cases. Could genuinely be a coincidence, but as I said, it's a fairly convenient coincidence for the White House.

Obviously if counties are recording and reporting their own data, it has nothing to do with the White House.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
See above post. You can claim 'nothing to see here' but it's not like I personally pulled these concerns out of my ass.

nah, it was brought up back when they switched in July. Suddenly when the data went to HHS, Republican states went from growth to decline overnight.

But there's some data to suggest that we can contain deaths by isolating the highest risk if everyone else is distancing/masking/sanitizing...and if contact tracing is ever a thing.