General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
U.S. coronavirus data is ‘disturbing,’ Dr. Fauci says, disputing Trump’s claim that U.S. is ‘rounding the corner’

• President Trump said Thursday evening at a White House news briefing that “I really do believe we’re rounding the corner,” adding that new weekly cases have declined by 44% since July.
  • MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell asked Dr. Anthony Fauci on Friday about the president’s comments.
  • “I’m sorry, but I have to disagree with that because if you look at the thing that you just mentioned, the statistics, Andrea, they’re disturbing,” he said.

Last edited:

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Face masks could be giving people Covid-19 immunity, researchers suggest

People who wear masks are still exposed to very small doses of the virus.

These doses are not large enough to cause symptoms but still large enough to induce an immune response. So by wearing a mask and getting very small viral doses, you may actually build up immunity to Covid 19. This is an acedemic opinion piece in the NEJOM, so its not a study but like an expert opinion.

As I said in another comment the proper term for this process is called inoculation. this is how small pox was kept in check. They would take some pus from the open wound of a small pox patient, put it on a pin head and poke the arms of those who didn't yet have it. It was just enough viral dose to provoke an immune response. George Washington did this with his troops and it was one of the key to winning the revolutionary war.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Face masks could be giving people Covid-19 immunity, researchers suggest

People who wear masks are still exposed to very small doses of the virus.

These doses are not large enough to cause symptoms but still large enough to induce an immune response. So by wearing a mask and getting very small viral doses, you may actually build up immunity to Covid 19. This is an acedemic opinion piece in the NEJOM, so its not a study but like an expert opinion.

As I said in another comment the proper term for this process is called inoculation. this is how small pox was kept in check. They would take some pus from the open wound of a small pox patient, put it on a pin head and poke the arms of those who didn't yet have it. It was just enough viral dose to provoke an immune response. George Washington did this with his troops and it was one of the key to winning the revolutionary war.
Interesting

Wouldn't that suggest you can also build immunity without a mask if you aren't getting all up in peoples shit and taking a full viral load to the face?

Keyword in article is "could" of course

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Interesting

Wouldn't that suggest you can also build immunity without a mask if you aren't getting all up in peoples shit and taking a full viral load to the face?

Keyword in article is "could" of course
Don't ask me. I'm a lowly carpenter, not a scientist.

I'm sure airborne particles hit you at a higher ppm than if you were to be wearing a mask.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Don't ask me. I'm a lowly carpenter, not a scientist.

I'm sure airborne particles hit you at a higher ppm than if you were to be wearing a mask.
For sure that makes sense.

I just meant by keeping distance you could possibly achieve same or similar results.

Nobody needs a full viral load to the face.

It is a hypothetical article anyways so I was just mulling over possibilities and variables.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I dont have the brains to speak on that with any authority.

Canada, or at least the westcoast, has been pretty good about following safety guidelines and recommendations.
Fair enough

Nice to know cases are getting very low in some places

Refreshing to have some good news posts on this front

Thanks