General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Wonder what the numbers are now?
Were these numbers legit at the time?
65 million tests. Wow. 1/6th of the USA tested?
8oyh5azordh51.jpg

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I don't see how.
Before the mask innoculation theory became fashionable it was being reported by health officials that immunity from covid may not be a thing and that vaccines would likely need to be readministered.

Herd immunity is fine if you can find a way to modulate disease severity to 1> not kill or permanently injure too many 2> not happen all at once doubling your injury/death due to system over run.
I didn't say it was a good solution, but if we're going to have it work through the population anyways.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I actually sold a mask today; N99 for $40.
I wear them where I must to advertise to these suckers. LOL

I think Elon was onto it since the beginning.
"This is stupid"

The asymptomatic viral shedding is virtually naught by every study I've seen with solid scientific data.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Before the mask innoculation theory became fashionable it was being reported by health officials that immunity from covid may not be a thing and that vaccines would likely need to be readministered.
Most of those headlines were BS about antibodies and the take home was that antibody testing for back to work passports might be challenging. It ignores that there are a lot of other parts of your immunity besides humoral B cell driven immunity. The headlines and few voices poopooing future vaccines were making that leap where the study itself did not.

I didn't say it was a good solution, but if we're going to have it work through the population anyways.
Then you'd want to do something like wear masks and modulate disease burden. There's no evidence you need a huge inflammatory response, gambling injury and death, to develop immunity to COVID19. There is evidence that viral load inoculation lowering may lower said cytokine storm.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I actually sold a mask today; N99 for $40.
I wear them where I must to advertise to these suckers. LOL

I think Elon was onto it since the beginning.
"This is stupid"

The asymptomatic viral shedding is virtually naught by every study I've seen with solid scientific data.
I finally ordered some masks online...for the goddamn wildfire smoke...talk about an immediate threat to my health.

Was gonna ask you but didn't wanna make you go outside to ship it to me.

The catch is they won't be here till next week so maybe I will need them next year....hope not.

I wear my token mask to buy stuff in stores, but this state and area should not have a mask mandate whatsoever IMO according to data.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Have you seen one of these?

Are you hearing reports of these?

Honest question no troll.
You don't see it. It is the current bench top theory on what sets off the unchecked dis-regulation of the immune system that kills older people so significantly.

Yes I see people that die from processes we are taught are driven by this.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You don't see it. It is the current bench top theory on what sets off the unchecked dis-regulation of the immune system that kills older people so significantly.

I think you guys mean "bradykinin" storm, not cytokine as originally thought.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think you guys mean "bradykinin" storm, not cytokine as originally thought.
Maybe. Probably both, but from a clinician stand point it won't change too many of current tools available. Might help drug development.
Still same idea -- tuned immunity exposed to new pathogen usually bodes poorly.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

OK...I don't fully understand the "storm" other than it is an "dangerous overreaction/reaction" of the immune system ...and your post is kind of confusing but I get the picture...I interpret your post as "Once an old person has it they are in a bad way and on the way out."...don't mind my lack of proper terms and feel free to correct.

I just remember the chinese people dropping on the spot like a rock and sometimes shaking in videos during the initial month of Covid becoming a threat. Hadn't seen videos or heard "Cytokine storm" spoken about since then, so when you used the term so I had to ask.

Thanks for the answer.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I just remember the chinese people dropping on the spot like a rock and sometimes shaking in videos during the initial month of Covid becoming a threat.
Same wit Iran.
Those people might have been having underlying disease episodes (heart attack due to their COVID19) or succumbing to respiratory failure. Walking around with low oxygen and no access to supplemental oxygen, so they go down like someone with a bag over their face.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Same wit Iran.
Those people might have been having underlying disease episodes (heart attack due to their COVID19) or succumbing to respiratory failure. Walking around with low oxygen and no access to supplemental oxygen, so they go down like someone with a bag over their face.
Good explanation, makes sense.

Just haven't seen that event on US soil on video so it strikes me as statistically odd to see a handful within a week and none afterwards. The woman in Wuhan falling face first into produce in the market remains on my mind.

Last edited:

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Turns out it was in Broward County:

Broward County was not impressed, either. The county fined the Target for not enforcing the mask law, and it mailed protesters citations as well.

I've been in that Target numerous times. If I had been there when they pulled that stunt the soundtrack would've been "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor"
Here is an actual gif of @conor mcgregor nut hugger handling one of those mask haters-
tenor (7).gif

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Most of those headlines were BS about antibodies and the take home was that antibody testing for back to work passports might be challenging. It ignores that there are a lot of other parts of your immunity besides humoral B cell driven immunity. The headlines and few voices poopooing future vaccines were making that leap where the study itself did not.
The last person I had heard it from was Dr Tam who is regarded as Canada's top doctor and she sits in the WHO board.

Then you'd want to do something like wear masks and modulate disease burden. There's no evidence you need a huge inflammatory response, gambling injury and death, to develop immunity to COVID19. There is evidence that viral load inoculation lowering may lower said cytokine storm.
I'd rather do something like standardize adequate testing.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Invisible company owned by Rudy Giuliani got taxpayer-backed PPP money — but where did it go?
Giuliani initially told Salon he was ignorant of the purpose of this company, which has handled payroll needs across more than 18 years and lists him as CEO. Financial experts tell Salon that one of two scenarios is likely true: Either Giuliani directly employs a number of people through this unknown company, and pays them substantial salaries, or the company misrepresented its finances to the government when it applied for the loan — which would likely constitute fraud, a felony.