General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Not sure where the 'we dont test' narrative in Canada is reality but here in BC, everyone is getting tested.

3 kids in daycare last week had sniffles, all had to get tested. 2 days later, results were in - negative and returned on day 3. A few staff at work have called in sick and have required a test to return to work. Got tested, 3 days later, returned to work.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not sure where the 'we dont test' narrative in Canada is reality but here in BC, everyone is getting tested.

3 kids in daycare last week had sniffles, all had to get tested. 2 days later, results were in - negative. A few staff at work have called in sick and have required a test to return to work. Got tested, 3 days later, returned to work.
Sounds like you are screwing this up like we are.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Sounds like you are screwing this up like we are.
Numbers in BC are pretty good. Numbers on the island are even better. I think we have less than 5 active cases in the mid island region (250k'ish population).

*Edit, daycare policies require a test or removal from daycare for even one symptom until they can return.

Last edited:

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So far in october we have 1 positive case per 31-50 tests. That's worse than back in spring.
I imagine another shutdown of non essential services are right around the corner. I say right after Halloween weekend.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
*Edit, daycare policies require a test or removal from daycare for even one symptom until they can return.
Every sniffle costs X man hours of penalty because of your non-science based testing strategies.
This is an incredible penalty for a population that is both low risk of their own complications and low risk on transmission.
Do they force a flu swab as well? Why not, it's deadlier to that population...
because you are just making it up as you go along at the lowest level as well, just like us.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Why the hell is this illegal? To me it seems just like a pregnancy test or at home drug test or at home DNA test etc etc etc.
Lack of federal leadership.
An X prize or Manhattan project if you will, for testing, should have been started in March of this year.
The moment we made the national decision to shotgun approach lockdowns was the scramble time to start thinking outside of the box and putting funds and work towards this type of goal.

Even if you didn't get to home testing right away, testing kiosks in other easy access should be everywhere.

To put it in context, South Korea has had that since February. Even India provides that now, though they don't have the money to put it out as broadly as they need to. Still the technology and the will already exists and countries with much less infrastructure and much less money.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Lack of federal leadership.
An X prize or Manhattan project if you will, for testing, should have been started in March of this year.
The moment we made the national decision to shotgun approach lockdowns was the scramble time to start thinking outside of the box and putting funds and work towards this type of goal.

Even if you didn't get to home testing right away, testing kiosks in other easy access should be everywhere.

To put it in context, South Korea has had that since February. Even India provides that now, though they don't have the money to put it out as broadly as they need to. Still the technology and the will already exists and countries with much less infrastructure and much less money.
It's insane to me that this isn't a thing. I'd have a stack of them until there's a vaccines. Why the hell wouldn't you?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Mouthwash and baby shampoo are going to save us from the rona. You heard it hear first.