General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
It was.

And in case someone didn't mention it the first time...

The rapid tests started as hot garbage and are still garbage. I had one a few weeks ago due to a possible exposure and that test was the only option for me to be able to do my job the next day. I was told "This is only a little over fifty percent accurate. So even if you test negative you could be positive. Likewise, you could just as easily have a false negative."

So nothing is screwy other than the rapid tests are still mostly a steaming pile of poopy.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
100% agree, although I think the anti-mask/anti-vaxx position is manufactured to prey on ignorant and fearful people.

the Anti-Freedom is a legit objective of the wealthy and powerful, and Divide/Conquer is the tactic. But I don't like using the word "Freedom" because freedom is something that has agreed-bounds...freedom is the liberty you're allowed within the law.

I like Liberty. Universal Freedom, bound only by where it conflicts with the Liberty of another member of society.
Right on

Liberty then

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
It was.

The rapid tests started as hot garbage and are still garbage. I had one a few weeks ago due to a possible exposure and that test was the only option for me to be able to do my job the next day. I was told "This is only a little over fifty percent accurate. So even if you test negative you could be positive. Likewise, you could just as easily have a false negative."

So nothing is screwy other than the rapid tests are still mostly a steaming pile of poopy.
Not sure if Posted:

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It was.

Interesting

If that test is faulty...

...and the PCR test is being misinterpreted to diagnose Virus infections aka "Cases" (Source: Nobel Prize winning inventor of the PCR Kary Mullis)

Then why don't we spend more resources more time developing a reliable test so we can get actual concrete data?

I think an accurate test would/should be one of the top priorities in a pandemic.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
It was.

I've heard a number of people around here getting a rapid test before they go see family or some similar gathering. Hearing more planning on doing this before the holidays coming up and the associated travel or family visits. Doing this under the idea that if they all get tested prior and test negative, they should all be safe. Glad I haven't put any trust in that methodology. I still haven't had a test, and honestly I'd rather not go to a place where the testing occurs unless I have to.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It's almost as though we're lacking clear direction on how to handle this from a federal level....

View attachment 20854
Given the global situation I'm not sure that's a fair criticism to level. People can, and absolutely should, criticize their political leaders for lack of fore planning, but they shouldn't criticize them for not being medical researchers

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
It's almost as though we're lacking clear direction on how to handle this from a federal level....

View attachment 20854
I'm not sure that's a fair criticism to level. People absolutely should criticize their leaders for a complete lack of for planning, but blaming them for poor response, and worse lack of planning, from the medical research community is unfair.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
think of me as a black hole of Hipster.

I'm so far ahead of the curve that everything you think is Hipster is actually Retro to me.

i live on the Hipster Event Horizon.
You could have saved us all some time if you said "Just think of me as a twat."

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I am not sure if you are allowed to question whether we have an actual accurate test?

I have seen lots of posts and comments taken down for doing so.

Our Global and Federal health organizations are all over the place also and that isn't good.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Given the global situation I'm not sure that's a fair criticism to level. People can, and absolutely should, criticize their political leaders for lack of fore planning, but they shouldn't criticize them for not being medical researchers
Making the states fight for gear and not putting an emphasis on ultilizing effective strategies that have worked in other countries on top of gutting the preparedness and pandemic response information that was learned the hard way IS the fault of the government and they need to be held to the fire for it.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Good source too. The reaction to this will be interesting.
I know right. I'm going to dig into it later.

The mask wearers didn't wear masks at home. Did family have corona?
I think I saw that almost half admitted to not wearing the mask at all times while out.
Were symptoms similar in severity?
I want to look at that stuff, but it's interesting either way.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Making the states fight for gear and not putting an emphasis on ultilizing effective strategies that have worked in other countries on top of gutting the preparedness and pandemic response information that was learned the hard way IS the fault of the government and they need to be held to the fire for it.
You may or may not be aware, but America is the only country that compares itself to this mythical standard in other countries. Everyone screwed the pooch on this one, less New Zealand, granted New Zealand is a very unique circumstance.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Just took my wife to the drive thru rabid I mean rapid testing today. She has been complaining about headaches,slight fever, and chills. No trouble breathing as like I said she has been complaining. It was only a few days but they have testing nearby so we took the opportunity.

Well it came back negative. I probably should have got tested but I have no symptoms. Just my usual bad seasonal allergies.

I don't know what to think as I have read about all this bogus test results. I think it we will give a couple of days and go get tested together at another Drive In movie I mean drive in test.

Crazy times.