General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
There you go again spouting nonsense. California never stopped Moderna vaccines entirely, only one batch that they later resumed using:

Posts like the one I've quoted are the reason admins no longer respond to you.
people where lined up like 1000 cars deep here there are doing them once a month because it requires a huge police presence and traffic control to do it.line wraps around for 4 miles at least

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Splinty @Splinty im tagging you because I thought you may be able to explain this, I literally don’t know shit about this.

but on the radio they have been running ads trashing HCA (who allegedly is an out of state Corp). They say that they’ve been siphoning money from St David’s hospitals during the pandemic, money that could have gone to patients and first responders or supplies. They claim 250 million in the last year.

what is HCA and what’s the story here?
St David’s has multiple hospitals in Austin. Our son was born at one of them. Apparently the one we used for that had no power for over 3 days, and probably still no water ?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty im tagging you because I thought you may be able to explain this, I literally don’t know shit about this.

but on the radio they have been running ads trashing HCA (who allegedly is an out of state Corp). They say that they’ve been siphoning money from St David’s hospitals during the pandemic, money that could have gone to patients and first responders or supplies. They claim 250 million in the last year.

what is HCA and what’s the story here?
St David’s has multiple hospitals in Austin. Our son was born at one of them. Apparently the one we used for that had no power for over 3 days, and probably still no water ?
Dunno the particulars of that one but HCA is one of the largest, if not the largest, hospital owner in the country. They buy up local chains and rebrand them into their larger corporate model. They are FOR PROFIT and are nearly universally despised by actual doctors and nurses as they look to bleed money out of the system to increase profit.

Less patients?? somehow richer than ever HCA Healthcare’s Profit Rises Despite Drop in Patients

My guess is the usual routine. Money came in via hard work in Austin and that profit making hospital doesn't get reinvested back into. Instead it goes to the shareholders and admin. Local Austin healthcare not being developed as the population booms and when the money is high...well its not going to get investments later when the money is low.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
well its not going to get investments later when the money is low.
Grateful Dude @Grateful Dude
I forgot the punchline. When the lack of investments results in shitty care, facility degradation, patient impression/reality of substandard care, volume and thus services, will drop off.
HCA will then chop it up and sell the losing entity off to keep their larger system profitable.
NEAT HUH.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Grateful Dude @Grateful Dude
I forgot the punchline. When the lack of investments results in shitty care, facility degradation, patient impression/reality of substandard care, volume and thus services, will drop off.
HCA will then chop it up and sell the losing entity off to keep their larger system profitable.
NEAT HUH.
Crazy. Thanks for explaining that. They’re getting trashed by local radio ads lately, makes sense now. I had no idea that’s how any of that worked.

are hospitals better off not selling out to be under the HCA umbrella? Is the money so good that they can’t resist selling? Can they stop it? Seems like HCA has plenty of money to do whatever they want.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Crazy. Thanks for explaining that. They’re getting trashed by local radio ads lately, makes sense now. I had no idea that’s how any of that worked.

are hospitals better off not selling out to be under the HCA umbrella? Is the money so good that they can’t resist selling? Can they stop it? Seems like HCA has plenty of money to do whatever they want.
Majorly complicated.

If a hospital is in a financial bind (lots of reasons, could be location, timing, competition from free standing surgery and ER siphoning off the insured patients leaving the hospital with uninsured and medicaid etc etc ) they need to sell or raise capital to invest to change that tide. No diff than a store getting eaten by the corporate machine.