General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You got what you asked for and then said it wasn't adequate. That's the definition of moving the goalposts.
No, it's not.

if by the "goal posts" you mean is it at the same level as the Israeli study, no it's not. it's not close. There's your goal post. You provided nothing to achieve that goal post.

but it's a start.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
No, it's not.

if by the "goal posts" you mean is it at the same level as the Israeli study, no it's not. it's not close. There's your goal post. You provided nothing to achieve that goal post.

but it's a start.
now, is there any evidence of it's efficacy against variants - even circumstantial or hypothetical?
What I provided to you (literally the first google result) more than meets that criteria. It's not "a start" it's what you asked for. Implying it's a start is to say it doesn't meet your requirements, which is moving your own goal posts.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
What I provided to you (literally the first google result) more than meets that criteria. It's not "a start" it's what you asked for. Implying it's a start is to say it doesn't meet your requirements, which is moving your own goal posts.
congratulations, it's "evidence". It's "something".

I acknowledged that when i wrote "it's a start". It's a start of something relevant to the discussion. But they didn't even use the actual virus, so it's a long way from "directly applicable evidence".

you seem really focused on a 'gotcha' that just isn't there.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
congratulations, it's "evidence". It's "something".

I acknowledged that when i wrote "it's a start". It's a start of something relevant to the discussion. But they didn't even use the actual virus, so it's a long way from "directly applicable evidence".

you seem really focused on a 'gotcha' that just isn't there.
It's not about 'gotcha' it's about engaging in honest conversation. If one person is making demands that they don't actually want met, or will simply ignore when they are, there's no sense in engaging at all. You asked for something and it was given to you, case closed. If you want something more specific, then ask for it instead of moving the goalposts when you realize you fucked up.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's not about 'gotcha' it's about engaging in honest conversation. If one person is making demands that they don't actually want met, or will simply ignore when they are, there's no sense in engaging at all. You asked for something and it was given to you, case closed. If you want something more specific, then ask for it instead of moving the goalposts when you realize you fucked up.
give something worth talking about, instead of the bare minimum when I leave the door open for "circumstantial" evidence.

You want a parade? It's a start. not much more.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Actually.

this is pretty kewl.