General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
They're also counting things where covid was an "indirect" contributor as per that paragraph I pulled from the provincial covid table's webpage on excess deaths. Excess deaths are a marketing tool, I'm very surprised that you don't recognize that.
excess mortality is a simple number derived from easily verifiable public sources. I'm sorry you don't like it or really understand what it is.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You're confusing me not knowing what it is with you not knowing what it isn't.
it's a measure against the deaths over the previous (usually 5) years' average.
it's not a hard number to conceptualize. No one is using it against you.

by counting all deaths, they're counting deaths where COVID is an indirect contributor as well as situations where COVID was a direct cause.

the "all-causes" part of the formula requires death from...wait for it...all causes.

Excess Mortality = All-Causes Deaths - Window Average Deaths

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
it's a measure against the deaths over the previous (usually 5) years' average.
it's not a hard number to conceptualize. No one is using it against you.

by counting all deaths, they're counting deaths where COVID is an indirect contributor as well as situations where COVID was a direct cause.

the "all-causes" part of the formula requires death from...wait for it...all causes.

Excess Mortality = All-Causes Deaths - Window Average Deaths
Some people are trying to say "excess deaths = uncounted covid deaths" and doing so is dishonest. That's all I've ever said.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Some people are trying to say "excess deaths = uncounted covid deaths" and doing so is dishonest. That's all I've ever said.
who are these "some people"?

if they're elected officials or making public policy, their opinion counts.
otherwise...

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Shouldn't there be studies running between

group A vaxxed and group B ivermectin
group A vaxxed and *insert treatment here*

Etc...

Or would that invalidate the Vaccine makers EUA?

M

member 3289

They are just telling you they are getting the jab to shut you up
He just texted me with a photo of his CDC card. Got his first Pfizer vaccine about an hour ago.

Suck my dick, anti-vaxxers!!!!

SCI-ENCE! SCI-ENCE! SCI-ENCE! SCI-ENCE!

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
0.14 %
unreal to shit anything down

I might understand it if it was 30% and verifiable, but 0.14%

Cmon, this is getting absolutely ridiculous

There is definitely some ulterior motive behind all th
Idiocracy
The funny thing is that this silly looking bitch was a hero to all the retarded anti-lockdown cunts just like you guys down here only a couple of months ago, while our premier was supposedly a dictator for doing the same thing.

Yes, Australia is fucked. We're fucked because our spastic right-wing federal government screwed up the vaccines, meaning even spastic right-wing state governments know that they have no choice but to go back into lockdown.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The funny thing is that this silly looking bitch was a hero to all the retarded anti-lockdown cunts just like you guys down here only a couple of months ago, while our premier was supposedly a dictator for doing the same thing.

Yes, Australia is fucked. We're fucked because our spastic right-wing federal government screwed up the vaccines, meaning even spastic right-wing state governments know that they have no choice but to go back into lockdown.
Ok, got it...I'm a cunt

You guys are sacrificing freedoms for 914 deaths(if you believe that figure)

IMO you are getting played

IDGAF about right left...that is divide and conquer

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Please explain what you felt on first injection and second
First dose (Pfizer): sore arm, 24 hours after injection moderate fatigue, 48 hours later mild fatigue then fine.

Second dose (Moderna): sore arm, 24 hours after injection muscle aches from bottom of shoulder blades to tops of the knees, fever. 48 hours later mild muscle aches, fever, fatigue. 3 days later fever came back. I'm still getting occasional fatigue and light headedness.

I haven't felt right for a solid 48 hours since the second dose. Could be unrelated factors, but figured I'd see if anyone else is experiencing something similar.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
First dose (Pfizer): sore arm, 24 hours after injection moderate fatigue, 48 hours later mild fatigue then fine.

Second dose (Moderna): sore arm, 24 hours after injection muscle aches from bottom of shoulder blades to tops of the knees, fever. 48 hours later mild muscle aches, fever, fatigue. 3 days later fever came back. I'm still getting occasional fatigue and light headedness.

I haven't felt right for a solid 48 hours since the second dose. Could be unrelated factors, but figured I'd see if anyone else is experiencing something similar.
First 48 were rough
Fatigue, violent chills, sore muscles, and headache

M

member 3289

Please explain what you felt on first injection and second
I had two injections of Moderna, 4 weeks apart.

First injection: Only symptom was a sore arm. I get a sore arm from flu shots, but this was stronger and took an extra day to completely go away.

Second injection: After about 12 hours I started feeling a little drowsy/short of breath. Then around 24 hours post-injection, the symptoms worsened to what I would consider moderate. Muscle aches (especially in my back), fatigue, and just a general shitty feeling of not wanting to get out of bed. No fever, just felt like shit. If you've ever had the flu, it was a mild version of that. But it only lasted about 5 or 6 hours. Around 30 hours post-injection, I was back to normal and feeling fine. Haven't felt anything since (I got my second shot on March 31).

My uncle is 65 so around your age. He got covid a few months ago. Was vaccinated weeks after recovering. Anyway he said covid is 1 million times worse than any flu he's ever had. He was briefly hospitalized for dehydration when suffering from covid. Also said the Pfizer vaccine kicked his ass for a day or less but was nothing compared to the actual virus.