General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It’s official, 30% of the overall population is retarded.

.. But in all seriousness, does America lead the world in conspiratards?

Even the old guy with dementia knows the rest of the world is pointing and laughing.
I don't think Canada's dual dosages will get much beyond 70% either.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
There’s gonna be a ton of state jobs opening in the near future

View: https://twitter.com/fox5sandiego/status/1419722072503246850?s=21
Healthcare workers with patient contacts are in unique positions. I Don't have a real problem with vaccine requirements in healthcare. Although even the data is strong, if we want to require vaccines they should finish the FDA approval process. At that point I would have zero hesitancy about the requirement.

I can't say the same for state employees.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Healthcare workers with patient contacts are in unique positions. I Don't have a real problem with vaccine requirements in healthcare. Although even the data is strong, if we want to require vaccines they should finish the FDA approval process. At that point I would have zero hesitancy about the requirement.

Gonna be interesting to see who stands their ground. I’m only one of two vaccinated out of 15 maintenance workers. Multiple directors making great money that said they’d never get it.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021

It's not a mandate. Supposedly if you say no the the shot then you will be required to have a CV19 test every 2 weeks. Curious as to how much OT $$$ the state will pay out for employees to go get tested every 2 weeks.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That is some serious bullshit.
If healthcare worker and his/her patient/client want to do business then the state should stay the F out it and keep collecting the taxes.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
That is some serious bullshit.
If healthcare worker and his/her patient/client want to do business then the state should stay the F out it and keep collecting the taxes.
Agreed. I know the Feds can't mandate it but the laws are much looser on states & municipalities. Newsome never gave up his "expanded emergency powers" either so he's pushing the envelope before the recall vote.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Agreed. I know the Feds can't mandate it but the laws are much looser on states & municipalities. Newsome never gave up his "expanded emergency powers" either so he's pushing the envelope before the recall vote.
It is a sick sick game that is being played with people's lives and livelihoods.
Disgusting IMO.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
It is a sick sick game that is being played with people's lives and livelihoods.
Disgusting IMO.
I'm a skeptical person by nature & love my liberties. When simple questions were responded to with scorn & no actual answers but a major push came to further a cause it made me more skeptical. When I know & work with people that are otherwise healthy but have had serious enough side effects from the vaccine to be hospitalized it raised more questions. When two of the people are in the healthcare industry but local agencies were reporting zero healthcare workers had side effects from the vaccine, I stopped & decided that I'm a decently health guy that works out & doesn't get sick so I think I'll hold off until things are vetted properly.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
lol at being up in arms about mandatory vaccinations to work in healthcare.
You already have to be vaccinated for measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, polio, meningitis and haemophilus influenzae b just to participate in the professional training that allows you to try to work in the field. You have to have a flu shot to be in any inpatient or living facility. You have to regularly undergo tuberculosis screening in all of the above.

This is just another one for a highly communicable disease that kills patients and costs money. Its reasonable to expect healthcare to use the tools available to actually not get patients sick with communicable diseases they don't already have.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
You already have to be vaccinated for measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, polio, meningitis and haemophilus influenzae b just to participate in the professional training that allows you to try to work in the field. You have to have a flu shot to be in any inpatient or living facility. You have to regularly undergo tuberculosis screening in all of the above.

This is just another one for a highly communicable disease that kills patients and costs money. Its reasonable to expect healthcare to use the tools available to actually not get patients sick with communicable diseases they don't already have.
I just had to get the MMR vaccine again, now a 3rd time overall, just to be able to go work at a children's hospital for one day.

I'll have to get the flu shot soon and tb testing done in September.

Ees normal.

M

member 1013

U don’t know shit about healthcare. You’re a big pharma shill. Chiropractic is the way.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021

I don't work in healthcare, as many here probably know. My question is why is it ok to mandate a vaccine that hasn't undergone the full range of testing? From my understanding, doesn't it usually take somewhere in the 5-7yr range to vet side effects? I'm not against emergency approvals, especially for those with increased risks. And I'm also far from an anti-vaxer. Shouldn't something be completely vetted & FDA approved before any mandates are pushed(at least in the US)?

My relief will be walking in shortly so if I can't continue in a few min I apologize in advance.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I just had to get the MMR vaccine again, now a 3rd time overall, just to be able to go work at a children's hospital for one day.
Protip: If you only had childhood MMR and are now and adult, just get another one. Never spend the money on titers. The shot is cheaper than the titers and guarantees a booster anyways.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Protip: If you only had childhood MMR and are now and adult, just get another one. Never spend the money on titers. The shot is cheaper than the titers and guarantees a booster anyways.
Yep. They wouldn't accept an old titers result and a new(er) shot from 6 years ago. So I just got a fresh one.

I also found out recently that my hep b vaccine didn't provide proper levels of immunity so I had to get another shot of that.

Basically... To work in healthcare you have to accept that you're going to be a pin cushion whether you like it or not.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

It hasn't proven to be nearly as effective as advertised(in the largest advertising campaign in human history)
It hasn't been properly tested for safety
Vaccine makers very little liability for what happens to those forced to take it

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My question is why is it ok to mandate a vaccine that hasn't undergone the full range of testing?
There's a long conversation here regarding what it means to be "FDA Approved" but it doesn't really mean "full range of testing" in and of itself.
However, in general I agree with your premise, as I stated above, that we have a process and the companies should go through it before requirements are made.
But my bigger point is there is little reason to not expect healthcare to mandate vaccines as it has for decades.

From my understanding, doesn't it usually take somewhere in the 5-7yr range to vet side effects?
There are multiple phases to approval. It is not time based but data based. Both Pfizer and Moderna (the only two vaccines I'd tell Americans to go rush out and get) have applies for full FDA authorization for 18+
Pfizer then applied and is granted priority review. Moderna is still waiting to get in the priority lane. Right now they are behind any other drugs that applies for approval ahead of them in chronological order.