General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Could it not be 4% of the public that is awaiting the time frame for their second vaccine (not fully vaccinated)and then of course any poll is going to have a sd -/+ of a couple percent
More of a joke than anything.
I love the idea of some weirdos being not vaccinated that also demand a mandate.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
More of a joke than anything.
I love the idea of some weirdos being not vaccinated that also demand a mandate.
Although I fully agree with this premise, when you click on the polling data it's obvious there's some creative polling going on. 70+% of the people polled have received at least one vaccine dose.

Back when America was hovering around 45% vaccination someone did a poll that showed 70% of Americans wanted vaccine passports or something completely out to lunch. That poll didn't get a lot of daylight.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
It's only a matter of weeks before we overtake Costa Rica and French Polynesia in vaccinations. I'm confident that within a few months, we can catch El Salvador and the Dominican Republic.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Someone smarter than me check her math.

View: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRH7dx5V/
she claims to be good with numbers. but all she is good at is using a calculator. so shes great at doing elemtary school-level arithmetic

however, she either never took Statistics 101 or she forgot it because her statistical inference skills were non existent (since she assumed that all demographics respond the same to the virus)

the point she is trying to make holds tho. getting the vaccine lessens the odds that both yourself and others will catch covid as well as yourself and others dying of covid

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I want to hear from that 4% more than I can explain
thats me. im afraid of needles and lazy. at some point ill get it tho

also, the 4% is larger than 4% since some of the 54% only got it due to their jobs

edit: i thought it was 58% are pro vaccine but only 54% have been vaccinated. its not that. but relatively similar calc

Last edited:

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
They have a total of 174 icu beds for 4.4 million people apparently
That's similar to us.

Government, February 2020: 'We need to flatten the curve for a few months because we have the health infrastructure of a 3rd world country and our hospitals will be overwhelmed'.

'Ok, now you've had 18 months to prepare, how many new beds have you set up?'

'...um...we need to flatten the curve!'

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That's similar to us.

Government, February 2020: 'We need to flatten the curve for a few months because we have the health infrastructure of a 3rd world country and our hospitals will be overwhelmed'.

'Ok, now you've had 18 months to prepare, how many new beds have you set up?'

'...um...we need to flatten the curve!'

The United States has the most ICU beds per capita in the entire world.
Still overrunning that shit.

I blame the Texas v Florida rivalry

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The United States has the most ICU beds per capita in the entire world.
Still overrunning that shit.

I blame the Texas v Florida rivalry
Oregon has the least per capita in the USA.
At least that is what I read.