Society Coronapocalypse USA decimation running death count

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
Who gives a fuck if someone may get taken off a ventilator at some point in the future if this happens to get bad enough. Is the possibility of that worth 40% unemployment and destroying small businesses?
Fuck no

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I 100% understand what is gojng on. It isn't that bad and I'm not concerned about it because I'm not 86yrs old.
it just shows a complete lack of self-awareness.

usually that's attributed to low emotional IQ, immaturity, and/or general dickishness.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Who gives a fuck if someone may get taken off a ventilator at some point in the future if this happens to get bad enough. Is the possibility of that worth 40% unemployment and destroying small businesses?
Fuck no
'if this happens to get bad enough' isn't a thing.

The spread is real, the costs are real.
Any reason to think that this doesn't just keep getting worse like a simple SIR model if we do nothing?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Fuck no
This is much less disingenuous than the rest of the thread. You're finally saying what you mean.

How long could they extend this before you step back and say "hey this is excessive"
Me?
6-8 weeks total And then we should start tapering it.
There will be on and off again interventions for 18 months which is about how long it will take until we get a vaccine.
You'll be able to taper off quicker in rural and suburban areas. I expect undoing the disaster of New York and other soon-to-be urban centers will be harder.

Too swole to control

Oct 28, 2015
'if this happens to get bad enough' isn't a thing.

The spread is real, the costs are real.
Any reason to think that this doesn't just keep getting worse like a simple SIR model if we do nothing?
Who knows what it would be without all this extra shutdown social distance stuff? You don't know and neither do I. It's silly to act like you do. You can't put a nunber on it.
Ppl going broke is having a bad effect
Ppl not working out is having a bad effect on immune systems
Ppl being scared shitless from the media is likely having a nocebo effect
Could go on both ways w things that could be pushing numbers one way or the other. Hard to measure or argue for/against

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This is much less disingenuous than the rest of the thread. You're finally saying what you mean.

Me?
6-8 weeks total And then we should start tapering it.
There will be on and off again interventions for 18 months which is about how long it will take until we get a vaccine.
You'll be able to taper off quicker in rural and suburban areas. I expect undoing the disaster of New York and other soon-to-be urban centers will be harder.
Dallas is getting ready to get bent over and fucked. I don't know if it will be as bad as NYC, but it's about to get bad.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Who knows what it would be without all this extra shutdown social distance stuff? You don't know and neither do I. It's silly to act like you do. You can't put a nunber on it.
Ppl going broke is having a bad effect
Ppl not working out is having a bad effect on immune systems
Ppl being scared shitless from the media is likely having a nocebo effect
Could go on both ways w things that could be pushing numbers one way or the other. Hard to measure or argue for/against
Keep watching Italy, the south is in unrest, you will get you anarchy soon enough.

Do some push ups.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Fuck no
Serious question, how much monetary value do you put on someone's life?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
My life or some 88yr old w Alzheimer. Or a newborn. Or Bill Gates. Or a homeless man. Or a heroin addict w aids. Or.....you get where I'm going here?
We don't know who is or isn't going to kick off. It will mostly be older people, but some young people will kick the bucket too. In at least one case there was an infant who died. So knowing what you do, that it will be say 65% people over 75, but taper all the way down to newborns give me an average that you think would be appropriate financial compensation to a family who's lost a love one.

Too swole to control

Oct 28, 2015
We don't know who is or isn't going to kick off. It will mostly be older people, but some young people will kick the bucket too. In at least one case there was an infant who died. So knowing what you do, that it will be say 65% people over 75, but taper all the way down to newborns give me an average that you think would be appropriate financial compensation to a family who's lost a love one.
No