Society Coronapocalypse USA decimation running death count

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Haha. Maybe.

I'm not wearing a mask all day. I hate those fucking things. They get your face hot and make you sweat, and they always fog up safety glasses.

I will just stay 6 feet away from folks so if they sneeze I can matrix-dodge their droplet spray.
I think you are not keeping in touch. Droplets from sneeze can go upto 8 meters that is 24 feet.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
What if someone coughs then you are fucked.
Whoever wears mask they don't need to touch their face.
If someone coughs in your face and you aren't wearing a face shield you're just as fucked.

The vast majority of spread is from common areas touched. Not droplets. So why increase the odds of touching your face in an attempt to decrease your odds of catching it by droplet?

The CDC should make everyone wear boxing gloves.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
I hope everyone is sitting down I have some grave news. There are 84,442 ppl dead in the USA. Wait I read it wrong. 8,442. Nevermind

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I think you are not keeping in touch. Droplets from sneeze can go upto 8 meters that is 24 feet.
Not typically.
That's a wind-aided measurement.

Unallowed in Olympic competition.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I hope everyone is sitting down I have some grave news. There are 84,442 ppl dead in the USA. Wait I read it wrong. 8,442. Nevermind
How many people die in the USA every day?
Just normally? Like on April 4, 2016?

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
“According to the United Nations World Population Prospects report, approximately 7,452 people die every day in the United States. In other words, a person dies in the US approximately every 12 seconds.”

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
According to the United Nations World Population Prospects report, approximately 7,452 people die every day in the United States. In other words, a person dies in the US approximately every 12 seconds. You can see a live clock keeping track of how many people have died today at Number of deaths in the United States today as of Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 8:28:15 PM.

7400 a day
So 8400 dying since January is probably the scariest goddam thing that happened since Hitler

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Problem is every death will be blamed on Corona. There was a guy in some country and died of drug overdose and they blamed Corona.
I'll find the video soon.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Problem is every death will be blamed on Corona. There was a guy in some country and died of drug overdose and they blamed Corona.
I'll find the video soon.
there is a bunch of examples of this going on...often called out by the family themselves

including the 6 week old infant reported a few days back

Sad truth

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
there is a bunch of examples of this going on...often called out by the family themselves

including the 6 week old infant reported a few days back

Sad truth
do you think they're over-counting or under-counting deaths?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
so you think they're calling every pneumonia case 'COVID'?
ah
you made a jump there

I do think they are calling some pneumonia cases covid, and doing the same with some other ailments.

I don't think this is going on everywhere, not every state and not every country.

Graph is an interesting representation of the data isn't it?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
One of my friends who has it has yet to show major symptoms besides a little sore throat and some congestion. Her mother however is doing terrible. She's had a consistent fever over the last 3 days. They had diagnosed her with pneumonia at first then she tested positive for COVID. My friend was never tested but sent home to care for her. They're at about day 5 and her mom can't even get out of bed any longer. They told her not to return unless she can't breathe. Her mom is only in her 50s and was otherwise healthy until now. She and I used to joke about who would finish school first because she went back around the same time I first did. This sucks.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Your math doesn't even add up. I said there would be a lag as the system absorbs the cases before you see the deaths double at your pace.

You said the death rate will double every three days.
Then you give a cut off at 10,000 on April 12th.

If we are doubling every 72 hours your 2246 from today should past 10,000 on April 6th.

You've added an extra week. Which indicates you agree with my statement that there's going to be a lag time before you double like that.

sparkuri @sparkuri

Doing 1200+ a day
Gonna be close but looks like April 6th could pass 10,000 after all
You should have doubled down on your doubling.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
sparkuri @sparkuri

Doing 1200+ a day
Gonna be close but looks like April 6th could pass 10,000 after all
You should have doubled down on your doubling.
I knew it would be April 6th in the first place, you know that.
Re-read that whole occasion.
April 12th was my hedge, still no takers.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I knew it would be April 6th in the first place, you know that.
Re-read that whole occasion.
April 12th was my hedge, still no takers.
It was good pick but you were offering a bad bet.
I'm sorry that it looks like youre gonna be right.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
One of my friends who has it has yet to show major symptoms besides a little sore throat and some congestion. Her mother however is doing terrible. She's had a consistent fever over the last 3 days. They had diagnosed her with pneumonia at first then she tested positive for COVID. My friend was never tested but sent home to care for her. They're at about day 5 and her mom can't even get out of bed any longer. They told her not to return unless she can't breathe. Her mom is only in her 50s and was otherwise healthy until now. She and I used to joke about who would finish school first because she went back around the same time I first did. This sucks.
That sucks.
What's really gonna suck is when family gets it, or us, it's bound to happen.
I had to fight my daughter last night not to go out with her retarded boyfriend.
It's been a struggle.
I have a vocational counselor for my worker re-training program, she was hospitalized for days.
She just returned home.
And my sister in law got it, which was bound to happen as she's a shelf-stocker.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I'm going to revise my estimate to under 75k total in the USA
By limiting the OP focus to the USA, The OP is hedging his bet. If we all do work on his behalf and prevent a tragedy he gets to tell us we are idiots for our success in flattening the curve.
The OP is actually banking on our success.

There's a reason he didn't look at global rates and growth.

There's a reason there will be moving goal posts later.