Costa fined by NYSAC for undisclosed violation, tells Romero to ‘quit being a b-tch’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Now we know the reason why Paulo Costa was mysteriously pulled from his headlining bout with Yoel Romero at UFC on ESPN 3.

Kind of.

Speaking to Brazilian MMA outlet Combate in a recent interview, Borrachinha claims the New York State Athletic Commission (NYSAC) refused to license him due his use of Plasil, a stomach medication he used back in 2017.

“[Romero] came back from a reality show and could finally sign the contract,” Costa told Combate (h/t MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz). “(But) on the same week the New York Athletic Commission asked me to talk about a stomach medication I had used. And they said: ‘For you to talk about this, unfortunately you won’t be able to fight. You…

Paulo Costa fined by NYSAC for undisclosed violation, tells Yoel Romero to ‘quit being a b-tch’ and fight

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
yeah its the stomach medication from 2 years ago that make costa look like the incredible hulk

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
The Internet tells me it can be used to help a weight-cut by stimulating "normal emptying of the stomach", i.e. a bm I think.

However it is primarily used to treat acid reflux-ish conditions, delayed stomach emptying in people with diabetes, and also prevent nausea and vomiting in people with migraines or who are undergoing chemotherapy.

Based on all the crazy serious side effects, which can include decreased muscle mass, I would have to think this was not taken for some kind of gain. There is one study about weight gain, but that was in a girl who had anorexia. I am also not sure it would have even been taken for a cut, since the side effects are not conducive to being able to fight well, unless it was a one-time totally desperate or uninformed move.

Idk.