Costa fined by NYSAC for undisclosed violation, tells Romero to ‘quit being a b-tch’

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by Wild, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Wild

Wild TMMAC's Most Handsome Admin
    Admin

Ratings:
    +108,775
    [​IMG]

Now we know the reason why Paulo Costa was mysteriously pulled from his headlining bout with Yoel Romero at UFC on ESPN 3.

Kind of.

Speaking to Brazilian MMA outlet Combate in a recent interview, Borrachinha claims the New York State Athletic Commission (NYSAC) refused to license him due his use of Plasil, a stomach medication he used back in 2017.

“[Romero] came back from a reality show and could finally sign the contract,” Costa told Combate (h/t MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz). “(But) on the same week the New York Athletic Commission asked me to talk about a stomach medication I had used. And they said: ‘For you to talk about this, unfortunately you won’t be able to fight. You…

Paulo Costa fined by NYSAC for undisclosed violation, tells Yoel Romero to ‘quit being a b-tch’ and fight

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. jason73

jason73 there are levels to this shit
    First 100

Ratings:
    +76,670
    yeah its the stomach medication from 2 years ago that make costa look like the incredible hulk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. ShakaSway

ShakaSway The Unintentional Voice of Reason

Ratings:
    +3,644
    Thats one of the vaguest, but most no shit headlines I have ever seen.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. KWingJitsu

KWingJitsu ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?

Ratings:
    +11,802
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jesus X

Jesus X feeling like mac on a power wheels.

Ratings:
    +20,729
    pico grams

6. Welcherknokke69

Welcherknokke69 Prince Phillip is a GoD
    First 100

Ratings:
    +20,151
    He was framed!

7. nuraknu

nuraknu ik

Ratings:
    +7,984
    The Internet tells me it can be used to help a weight-cut by stimulating "normal emptying of the stomach", i.e. a bm I think.

However it is primarily used to treat acid reflux-ish conditions, delayed stomach emptying in people with diabetes, and also prevent nausea and vomiting in people with migraines or who are undergoing chemotherapy.

Based on all the crazy serious side effects, which can include decreased muscle mass, I would have to think this was not taken for some kind of gain. There is one study about weight gain, but that was in a girl who had anorexia. I am also not sure it would have even been taken for a cut, since the side effects are not conducive to being able to fight well, unless it was a one-time totally desperate or uninformed move.

Idk.

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. nuraknu

nuraknu ik

Ratings:
    +7,984
    . Double

#8 nuraknu, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted