Could Bellator pique the interest of Rory MacDonald and Carlos Condit?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'd like to think so too, but I dont think either will sign there. I think Condit will hold out for a Lawler rematch. If he doesn't get the fight, he won't fight again. If he gets it and wins, he'll obviously stay with the UFC as champion. If he loses, he retires. Just my opinion.

And I think the UFC will do whatever it takes to keep Rory. If GSP comes back, he's not going to be back long in my opinion. So that leaves Rory as pretty much the UFC's lone Canadian draw. Rory's only 26-27 years old, and they aren't going to lose him (and a large Canadian following) if they can help it.

tommyfretwell

Mar 16, 2016
That is true, that Rory is Canada's biggest pull right now, but would a nation just cease interest because they don't have anyone reppin'? I am not sure. But if the UFC will do anything it takes to keep Rory I don't think it's fair for them to be stalling the contract negotiations. I suppose they are holding out for the result against Wonderboy, but if Rory loses I cannot see them renewing a contract. Who knows!

Yeh I think Condit is a long shot, but when he goes on record and says stuff like he's got fight left in him, I am sure Scott Coker's radar is alerted! All it would take is someone like Rory or Carlos to jump shit and I think we'd see a big shift change.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
I would love for both these men to jump ship and shake free agency up further. i dont think there is a huge chance that bellator gets them tho.. if they decide to test the waters, bellator will offer a deal and the ufc will match, raising the fighter's stock... that is what free agency is. i hope more and more fighters are looking to see what they are worth..

its funny how when one is young, they are quick to buy into the pipe dream.. they are willing to fight for next to nothing in hopes of getting the title.. its only after you go through a war and get paid peanuts for it, that you realize money should always be the priority in this brutal sport.

im sure rory looked at his situation after the robbie fight and said "how many more of those do i have in me". he probably looked at his earnings and realized that it wasnt nearly enough for what he went through.

------

One thing that bellator his going for it is that as they gain traction, they basically have spike to themselves... spike is a shit channel. nothing but bar rescue, csi, cops, gangland. if coker is able to maintain an upward trend, im sure spike will be willing to give him more time and resources to put content out.. add specials, the way they did with benson, to contract deals. how much more time can the ufc get in their fox channels? how much more time can bellator on spike? that is something that has interested me.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
If both Condit and MacDonald end up in Bellator, the ufc better start worrying.