Could Skelly vs. Alers be overturned? (UFC FN60)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

CockPuncher

Feb 8, 2015
I realize the referee was running in from punches before the illegal knee occurred, but will this type of situation result in a no contest?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Nah I doubt it. Fight was done and I doubt there will be any complaints

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
First, welcome to the forum my man! PM me if you need anything along the way. Regarding your question, my opinion is yes. It was an illegal knee, and rules are rules. That said, they need to get rid of that ridiculous ass rule asap. They allow these guys to throw elbows and head kicks, but stop action as soon as a hand touches the canvas. Needs to go in my opinion.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Perfect example of playing the Downed game...

CockPuncher

Feb 8, 2015
I Wild Each It;n20366 said:
First, welcome to the forum my man! PM me if you need anything along the way. Regarding your question, my opinion is yes. It was an illegal knee, and rules are rules. That said, they need to get rid of that ridiculous ass rule asap. They allow these guys to throw elbows and head kicks, but stop action as soon as a hand touches the canvas. Needs to go in my opinion.
Thanks Wild.

DiazIsDeepInside MyTatteredArsehole;n20367 said:
Perfect example of playing the Downed game...
Probably, but there's no doubt he was pretty rocked.

It was a wild circumstance. It happened at 4:59 of the 2nd round. It would have been hilarious if he got 5 minutes and then they started the round for 1 second.

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It seemed weird how Anik reported it. Not weird as in a conspiracy or anything. He said that the commission told him that the refs explanation was basically he was going to stop the fight so he let it go.

However - to me - I'm thinking that by saying that, the ref was aware of the knee, knew it was illegal and didn't do anything. Because he was going to stop it. He hadn't stopped it at that point.

Even though I think it was accidental and I don't like seeing decisions over turned especially when the fighter was as good as done, I think Alers could have a case.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The way I saw it, the ref made no motions to stop the fight until after the knee was thrown.

I wish I had a GIF, but the replay on TV clearly showed the ref maintain his position until after the knee landed...that's when he stopped the fight. I think that everything happened so fast (don't forget that the round was ending too) that the ref just got caught up in it and didn't realize that it was an illegal knee.

Another reason that the refs deserve more props...it's a hard job.

Attachments