Could UFC be liable if coronavirus spreads at UFC events?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Don’t be surprised if UFC president Dana White rolls out one of his favorite catchphrases when the promotion restarts its fight schedule.

“We‘re regulated by the government!” When White makes that claim during the coronavirus pandemic, it will be for a very specific reason: the hope of avoiding liability.

One thing the Fertitta brothers, the former owners of the UFC, loved to stress was that the promotion ran toward regulation in the early days of their time at the helm. With that, the UFC worked with state athletic commissions, which mandated pre-event safety measures including physical examinations of the competitors. The athletic commissions put those safety…

Could UFC be liable if coronavirus spreads at UFC events?

Last edited:

sherbro

Mar 25, 2020
If they are allowed to do it by the goverment, I don´t think they would be liable. Or churches would be liable too if they are packed on easter like promised.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
WWE and aew been doing empty shows. Kinda goofy. But I think it would be stupid of the UFC to hold crowded events. Same with all crowded events.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
If wuhan virus shows no signs in most people (carriers is the term I've heard being used), those who end up sick can go 2 weeks without showing symptoms (incubation), and dipshits like cuomo are claiming ridiculous percentages (up to 80%) will get it, how can anyone prove where they got it? The bulk of fans would be traveling to the event, therefore could pick it up anywhere on the way, at their hotel or restaurants once at the host city, or on their travels back home. Doesn't seem as easy to prove as going to work each day and all employees end up with the virus.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
pretty confident the fighters would have to sign waivers of some kind if the contract doesn't already cover the UFC's asses.

I saw a Bellator contract that said they aren't liable if a fighter dies from injuries sustained in the cage and people were claiming that's standard practice.

kristian82

Feb 26, 2020
They screwed Khabib over, telling him it would 100% be outside the states, letting him fly home and now putting the event on in the states. Cheap way to get Conrad into a title shot.